Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chinese Android Phones 2 - Read First Post!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,328 ✭✭✭alias no.9

antodeco wrote: »
    Just got the p9000 from the Banggood. Been waiting nearly 2 months for the Ulefone future, as they keep changing the date the stock will be available.

Went for the black from EU warehouse, so hopefully will have by the end of next week..

I'm verging on the same decision. How's the P9000?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 130 ✭✭Alpha8

Has Anyone seen the Cubot Rainbow ?
    cubot.net/smartphones/rainbow
    Thoughts ?

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,542 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

alias no.9 wrote: »
    I'm verging on the same decision. How's the P9000?

Sorry, should say I just ordered it! Was trying to decide white or black, went for the black. My thinking is that it will tide me over for a few months, and only paying €200 can't go too wrong. If it turns out crap, I'll just sell it and buy something else

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Alpha8 wrote: »
    Has Anyone seen the Cubot Rainbow ?
    cubot.net/smartphones/rainbow
    Thoughts ?

For the price it might be okay, but usually when they're that price and it's not on sale, than whatever they skrimped on will be extremely noticable.

E.g. If they spread the budget evenly on everything, that in itself will be noticable by the overall phone.
    If they spent the most on the CPU and the least on the battery, then it will be a very poor battery.
    The Rainbow doesn't seem to have very good connectivity in particular, and seems to have spread the remainder of their budget evenly, except for spending a little extra on storage - 16GB of Storage instead of 8GB.

For an extra €8 (depending on where you look) The HomTom HT5 (8GB version) might be a better purchase.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,493 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

thehamo wrote: »
    No Tesco mobile

They use O2's old network which is now three so thats the reason, I get more E from three than I would a dealer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭thehamo

They use O2's old network which is now three so thats the reason, I get more E from three than I would a dealer.

How do you mean a dealer?

I had perfect coverage until I got the Oukitel. Now I dont have any.

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,542 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

thehamo wrote: »
    How do you mean a dealer?

I had perfect coverage until I got the Oukitel. Now I dont have any.

Gets more "e" from a "dealer".

Cough cough

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

No nothing worse than having to explain a simple joke.

I find three have gone to the dogs the past few weeks/months. Hardly any coverage, never mind E. I could be on H or H+ and not be able to do anything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭thehamo

RossieMan wrote: »
    No nothing worse than having to explain a simple joke.

I find three have gone to the dogs the past few weeks/months. Hardly any coverage, never mind E. I could be on H or H+ and not be able to do anything.

Ahhhhh jokes. I get jokes. I just put the wife's three sim in and it stuck on 3g all evening. Soon as I put the Tesco sim in back to E

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,422 ✭✭✭StaticNoise

Tinie wrote: »

Thinking of getting one of these for the mother. Just to say it to you, they are selling them from that *other* Chinese website, but from a EU warehouse, so there's no customs worries and a local warranty.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Thinking of getting one of these for the mother. Just to say it to you, they are selling them from that *other* Chinese website, but from a EU warehouse, so there's no customs worries and a local warranty.

Seems to be out of stock on the eu warehouse on that other Chinese website which I assume starts with a G.

If I'm wrong, I'd greatly appreciate a pm with the link please

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,381 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Tinie wrote: »
    Seems to be out of stock on the eu warehouse on that other Chinese website which I assume starts with a G.

If I'm wrong, I'd greatly appreciate a pm with the link please
    You can say the G-word now! :)

Not your ornery onager

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Esel wrote: »

Gearbest!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,011 ✭✭✭eamonnq

Just because you can, does not mean you should !! 30 pieces of silver goes a long way apparently!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,422 ✭✭✭StaticNoise

Money talks, alright.

OK, well it's available from their other European Warehouse.

http://www.honorbuy.com/707-xiaomi-redmi-note-3-pro-32gb-gray.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,284 ✭✭✭fixXxer

When and how and why did this happen?

Considering the sh*te time most people here have had with them I'm amazed anyone would use them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,999 ✭✭✭✭GBX

fixxxer wrote: »

Considering the sh*te time most people here have had with them I'm amazed anyone would use them.

Check the bargain alerts forum. http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1757

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Pity all of the money they paid forums with over the past few weeks didn't go where it was really needed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,284 ✭✭✭fixXxer

GBX wrote: »

Good god that's awful.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭NATLOR

Found on HUKD

Xiaomi MI4I 16gb from bangood EU warehouse €118 delivered using code 2a858f
    Only white available.Seems a great price,any thoughts?

LINK

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭danko82

anyone with a chine phone can tell me if is able to purchase in the playstore with three mobile?
    I mean to use the credit of sim in googleplaystore.
    Cheers

fixxxer wrote: »

Boards will learn soon that enough without a community the site is nothing and its losing users to Reddit daily.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,052 ✭✭✭Pique

Boards will learn soon that enough without a community the site is nothing and its losing users to Reddit daily.

Have you seen the state of r/ireland lately? The average age is about 21, and the average IQ doesn't seem much higher.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,011 ✭✭✭eamonnq

Good luck lads with the phones!! Am a bit sickened with all this GB stuff going on I am bowing out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 587 ✭✭✭Sync

danko82 wrote: »
    anyone with a chine phone can tell me if is able to purchase in the playstore with three mobile?
    I mean to use the credit of sim in googleplaystore.
    Cheers

Yes you can - this is not phone specific it's specific to your google play account, and the play store is the same across android. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭danko82

Sync wrote: »
    Yes you can - this is not phone specific it's specific to your google play account, and the play store is the same across android. :)

did you try it?
    because with my google account, my three sim and my xiaomi redmi note 2, is not working.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

Have to say, getting increasingly disappointed with the battery life of my P9000.

I don't use it for most parts of the day (not allowed at work) so it just lays there on my desk, Wifi turned off and by the time I get home I have to charge it as soon as possible because it will probably have something like 15-20% left...

Not to mention that their 'wireless update' never ****ing works.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Kavrocks

Jelle1880 wrote: »
    Have to say, getting increasingly disappointed with the battery life of my P9000.

I don't use it for most parts of the day (not allowed at work) so it just lays there on my desk, Wifi turned off and by the time I get home I have to charge it as soon as possible because it will probably have something like 15-20% left...

Have you checked what is using the battery?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

Kavrocks wrote: »
    Have you checked what is using the battery?

Yeah, supposedly the screen (even though it's on half brightness almost all the time) and Phone Idle are the big causes, after WiFi of course (which seems to increase despite being turned off...)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement