Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chinese Android Phones 2 - Read First Post!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,493 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

I had 2 Elephones both had terrible batteries, very similar to what you are describing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭toby2111

What's the best Chinese phone out there around the €150 to €200 mark? Have an Xperia Z3 so looking to upgrade if possible to similar or better phone. Would like a good camera, expandable storage, decent battery. Don't know how to flash roms etc but I'll learn if I have to!! Ideally, don't want to have to pay customs and would like good support/updates, either through a forum or direct .
    Been keeping an eye on this thread and Elephone p9000 seems to have battery problems while the Redmi note Pro seems to have average camera. Some very knowledgeable boardsies here, so what would you recommend? Thanks

As I always say check out kimovil.com and post links to the phones you like the look of and we can advise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭thehamo

On day 2 of my K6000 pro battery 98% yesterday morning at 7 a.m., currently on 40% and going strong. A lot of bloat ware from what I can see, any tips on removing?

thehamo wrote: »
    On day 2 of my K6000 pro battery 98% yesterday morning at 7 a.m., currently on 40% and going strong. A lot of bloat ware from what I can see, any tips on removing?

Titanium backup.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

toby2111 wrote: »
    What's the best Chinese phone out there around the €150 to €200 mark? Have an Xperia Z3 so looking to upgrade if possible to similar or better phone. Would like a good camera, expandable storage, decent battery. Don't know how to flash roms etc but I'll learn if I have to!! Ideally, don't want to have to pay customs and would like good support/updates, either through a forum or direct .
    Been keeping an eye on this thread and Elephone p9000 seems to have battery problems while the Redmi note Pro seems to have average camera. Some very knowledgeable boardsies here, so what would you recommend? Thanks

LeTV X800? I posted a link to it a few pages back

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

I can do it no problem on my xiaomi note 2.

Looks decent.Checked your previous posts-whats your general opinion on it?Is that the phone with average battery and weak wifi?Does it have SD slot for expandable storage?
    I had a look at that kimovil site,its good and the Xiaomi Red Note 3 Pro seems to tick a lot of boxes.Though I've read the camera is not great.

WiFi is grand IMO

I've had rogue apps pissing away my battery recently but in general it does a day easily

No SD slot but 64gb ROM so would you need one?

I love the phone in general, don't think it'll have the same last effect as the Mi3 had on me but I do like it a lot, plan on keeping it for a while

No SD slot but 64gb ROM so would you need one?
    Probably. I tend to store a lot of photos etc on the sd card. But then again I've only had phones with maximum 16gb storage so maybe SD slot is not essential....
    What's the camera like on that LE?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭danko82

RossieMan wrote: »
    I can do it no problem on my xiaomi note 2.

what do you mean?
    Was It an answer to my question about enable 3 billing?

Probably. I tend to store a lot of photos etc on the sd card. But then again I've only had phones with maximum 16gb storage so maybe SD slot is not essential....

I'm no photographer but it's fairly good as far as I'm concerned. You'd need someone else to give a fair evaluation of the camera unfortunately

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

I had 2 Elephones both had terrible batteries, very similar to what you are describing.

I did change some things in the settings.

Apparently even if you turn WiFi off there is still a setting that constantly scans for available networks :rolleyes:

Also changed some stuff in gestures and location, let's wait if that fixes it. Would be a real shame as I love the device in general.

Jelle1880 wrote: »
    I did change some things in the settings.

Apparently even if you turn WiFi off there is still a setting that constantly scans for available networks :rolleyes:

Also changed some stuff in gestures and location, let's wait if that fixes it. Would be a real shame as I love the device in general.

Could need a few discharge-charge, Jiayu batteries were like that but after a few days would be great and last ages.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,284 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Anyone seen any Mi Max deals? Probably a bit soon but one can dream

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭aaronm13

The camera is very good but the stock software isn't very good for me. I use Camera FV-5 and the difference is staggering. Even low light photos are pretty good too once you get used to the settings. It's a quality phone especially at the current price. For storage you could get a OTG USB stick, they're pretty cheap now.

Digital Solitude, what Rom are you using out of curiosity, haven't upgraded to Marshmallow yet. I've read it does help with the WiFi. Glad you're happy with the phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭danko82

can someone with a leeco phone and three do a test to try to purchase from playstore if it is possibile to pay with the credit?
    I tried with different phone I am not able to do that with my redmi note 2 prime.

Could need a few discharge-charge, Jiayu batteries were like that but after a few days would be great and last ages.

It's been discharged quite a few times ;)

But I have made some changes and we'll see, they should work in theory.

But then there's still that issue of their wireless updates not working... Always gives me a corrupt zip error.

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭kevez

aaronm13 wrote: »
    The camera is very good but the stock software isn't very good for me. I use Camera FV-5 and the difference is staggering. Even low light photos are pretty good too once you get used to the settings. It's a quality phone especially at the current price. For storage you could get a OTG USB stick, they're pretty cheap now.

Digital Solitude, what Rom are you using out of curiosity, haven't upgraded to Marshmallow yet. I've read it does help with the WiFi. Glad you're happy with the phone.
    Where can you get the marshmallow update is it for the us or China version?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭wilser

Have to say, getting increasingly disappointed with the battery life of my P9000.

I don't use it for most parts of the day (not allowed at work) so it just lays there on my desk, Wifi turned off and by the time I get home I have to charge it as soon as possible because it will probably have something like 15-20% left...

Not to mention that their 'wireless update' never ****ing works.

Not sure what I am doing different but mine updated first time.
    Did you take out the SD card?
    That's all I done and it worked first time

• Advertisement

kevez wrote: »
    Where can you get the marshmallow update is it for the us or China version?

There's links to them on the letv.re forum. Don't think they're official, just beta and only for the Cn version as far as I know.

wilser wrote: »
    Not sure what I am doing different but mine updated first time.
    Did you take out the SD card?
    That's all I done and it worked first time

No I didn't, I'll try that next time it prompts me :)

aaronm13 wrote: »

I'm running Cuoco92's ROM. It's a bloat free version of the Stock one, fairly handy, he pushed very regular OTA updates.

I'm awaiting an AOSP ROM, the stock is fine imo but AOSP is still my favourite.

It's on 5.0.2, my last phone was MM, there's basically no difference tbh I wouldn't get worked up about it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭wilser

It asked me to take out the SD card otherwise I would have left it in

I'm running Cuoco92's ROM. It's a bloat free version of the Stock one, fairly handy, he pushed very regular OTA updates.

I'm awaiting an AOSP ROM, the stock is fine imo but AOSP is still my favourite.

It's on 5.0.2, my last phone was MM, there's basically no difference tbh I wouldn't get worked up about it

Going to flash that one hopefully too, just need to find the time. Happy enough with stock except for wifi and the bloat on it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,011 ✭✭✭eamonnq

I removed the SIM tray completely, delete fingerprints if you have any stored before updating. Updated OTA with no problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭SmallBalls

Thinking about buying this....Does it come with a silicone case and screen protector?

eamonnq wrote: »
    I removed the SIM tray completely, delete fingerprints if you have any stored before updating. Updated OTA with no problems.

Removing the SD card fixed it, thanks :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭thehamo

Titanium backup.

Does the phone need to be rooted to that?

• Advertisement

SmallBalls wrote: »
    Thinking about buying this....Does it come with a silicone case and screen protector?

Mine arrived with a screen protector for a 5" screen so it was useless, I believe I got a hard plastic case with it.

Phones way too nice in the hand to wrap in a case though

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement