Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chinese Android Phones 2 - Read First Post!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,503 ✭✭✭Sinister Kid

reni10 wrote: »
    I have ordered a Redmi Note 3 Pro so looking forward to seeing how it performs when it gets here hopefully in a couple of weeks.

Coming from a HTC M8 I am not sure if it will be much of an upgrade but wanted to try something new and for €140 it is worth the risk...

I'd be interested to hear how you get on.

Trying to decide between Redmi Note 3 Pro & Elephone p9000 at the mo. Anyone advise which would be the better choice?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,023 ✭✭✭Satriale

Is there any way to prepay the taxes to Revenue after ordering? I've no issue with the vat and duty but paying AnPost or DHl for the privilege of collecting (and delaying) it is fecking galling.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,999 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Satriale wrote: »
    Is there any way to prepay the taxes to Revenue after ordering? I've no issue with the vat and duty but paying AnPost or DHl for the privilege of collecting (and delaying) it is fecking galling.

Depending on the brand of phone you are looking at, you could buy through Amazon ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,493 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

Trying to decide between Redmi Note 3 Pro & Elephone p9000 at the mo. Anyone advise which would be the better choice?

Redmi note anyday over a Elephone.

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭danko82

RossieMan wrote: »
    Dank, it's your phone or ROM that's the issue. I use three billing all the time, and I've the same phone as you.

do you have redmi note 2? I tried with different rom, same result.

• Advertisement

I have a xiaomi phone and this happened to me. I think it's due to the phone being unlocked or dual sim. I fixed mine by putting sim card in another phone and logging into google account. I think you delete the device from your google account but not sure. All I know is that billing with three credit does work with xiaomi phones but if it doesn't appear you have to some extra things to get it working . Sorry if I can't be of anymore help to you

I put the sim in another phone and I bought an app with the sim credit. but when I tried again to buy something to mine xiaomi it is not working..
    how did you do?
    so now are you able to use the billing with xiaomi all the time?

reni10 wrote: »
    I have ordered a Redmi Note 3 Pro so looking forward to seeing how it performs when it gets here hopefully in a couple of weeks.

Coming from a HTC M8 I am not sure if it will be much of an upgrade but wanted to try something new and for €140 it is worth the risk...

where did you buy a redmi note 3 pro at 140euro?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,023 ✭✭✭Satriale

GBX wrote: »
    Depending on the brand of phone you are looking at, you could buy through Amazon ?

True, it would probably be about the same. It's just a general question.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

Have the P9000.

The device really is good, runs very smooth, screen is good, sound could be better.

But I still think the battery is pretty bad, mostly because the optimisation of the OS. It's causing me to think about getting another phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭reni10

danko82 wrote: »
    where did you buy a redmi note 3 pro at 140euro?

Aliexpress Flash Sale from this seller:
    http://m.aliexpress.com/item/32675885509.html?tracelog=storedetail2mobilesitedetail

It is gone back up now to about €150 now as it was just on special for a day or so last week, still very good value though...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,721 ✭✭✭MoodeRator

I am looking to get the P9000 from GB, is it best to use Parcel motel for delivery address for customs and speed????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,011 ✭✭✭eamonnq

Best to not get it from GB !!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,493 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

eamonnq wrote: »
    Best to not get it from GB !!

Exactly, I have no problem spending 25-50 on GB but wouldnt risk any more than that!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Kamili

I had originally thought about getting the Elephone P9000 but from reading the latest few posts the Redmi Note 3 is is better?

What is the battery like on the Redmi? Seems the Elephone is crap, which is not what I need!

I'm coming off a Windows phone 640XL which is starting to bug the hell out of me, pity because on paper it works, battery is great though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭beardo81

MoodeRator wrote: »
    I am looking to get the P9000 from GB, is it best to use Parcel motel for delivery address for customs and speed????

I used shop.gizchina.com, no customs and delivered to me in 3 days. Check my previous posts, theres a discount code knocking about also. For me, great service.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭beardo81

Kamili wrote: »
    I had originally thought about getting the Elephone P9000 but from reading the latest few posts the Redmi Note 3 is is better?

What is the battery like on the Redmi? Seems the Elephone is crap, which is not what I need!

I'm coming off a Windows phone 640XL which is starting to bug the hell out of me, pity because on paper it works, battery is great though.

With the recent software updates you'll get a day out of the P9000, with average use I'd say. It does charge very quick though so if I'm using heavily I just put it on charge for a half hour and it's got enough juice to keep going for another few hours

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,721 ✭✭✭MoodeRator

Thanks for all advice! Upon reflection you are correct that that is a lot to risk at GB, I would be better off paying a bit ore and purchase from Amazon, plus the it would fast and no risk of customs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,011 ✭✭✭eamonnq

MoodeRator wrote: »
    Thanks for all advice! Upon reflection you are correct that that is a lot to risk at GB, I would be better off paying a bit ore and purchase from Amazon, plus the it would fast and no risk of customs

http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/Original-ELEPHONE-P9000-Helio-P10-MTK6755-64bit-Octa-Core-Smartphone-4GB-RAM-32G-ROM-Android-6/1153179_32600106250.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭reni10

Just seen an interesting video where you can have 2 SIMS and the SD Card working on the Redmi Note 3 at the same time!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1rkfycnUqSQ

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭d31b0y

I bought a Xiaomi Redmi 3 Pro from Oppomart for the wife a few weeks back.

They have an option to ship from an EU warehouse to avoid customs. I think it was an extra 20 dollars or so for this option.
    I got the box and it looks like it shipped from China at some stage though the tracking that I recieved always said it shipped from France so I don't know what way it works.
    Anyway, no customs on it and the phone is perfect. Got the phone and a flip case delivered for about €190 (I haven't actually got the case yet... it definitely shipped from China. Different tracking info. It's on a slow boat.)

Would happily recommend oppomart.com and the Redmi 3 Pro is a great little phone too. The localisation options aren't fully built into MIUI yet though so you can't pick Ireland as your local. We picked Spain and then just updated the timezone. Everything seems to be working perfectly. Wife is delighted with all the themes available on MIUI.
    Has dual sim but you can also use the second sim slot as an SD card slot. Has a fingerprint scanner (that seems pretty accurate and fast) on the back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,058 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

d31b0y wrote: »

Would happily recommend oppomart.com and the Redmi 3 Pro is a great little phone too. The localisation options aren't fully built into MIUI yet though so you can't pick Ireland as your local. We picked Spain and then just updated the timezone. Everything seems to be working perfectly. Wife is delighted with all the themes available on MIUI.
    Has dual sim but you can also use the second sim slot as an SD card slot. Has a fingerprint scanner (that seems pretty accurate and fast) on the back.

Bought my xiaomi redmi note 3 from Oppomart and would definitely buy from them again. Took only 8 days to deliver and didn't get caught for customs as it was sent to their European warehouse first. Yeah MIUI has some great themes available . One thing though, you might not be able to update the phone if it has a vendor rom installed but it's easy enough to install a rom on the phone. The miui.com forums are a great place to find themes and roms.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭eoinpower02

Just broke my galaxy a3s screen today. Get it fixed or buy a new phone have about 200 euros to blow any suggestions appreciated

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

LeTV Le 1 Pro. Few discussions and links in the last couple pages

LeTV Le 1 Pro. Few discussions and links in the last couple pages

Looks great wasn't there some issues with the snapdragon 810 though?

Heat. Averages about 38 which isn't too bad. When it's hot it's about 60 which is uncomfortable but fine

Not that bad so might pick one up where did you order from

• Registered Users Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭b.gud

My Xaomi mi5 arrived today gonna put CM on it this evening. Anyone here done this? If so any advice?

Not that bad so might pick one up where did you order from

I ordered from Aliexpress, there's a link to a store I posted that's promised VAT free a few pages back

b.gud wrote: »
    My Xaomi mi5 arrived today gonna put CM on it this evening. Anyone here done this? If so any advice?

Backup MiUI first and TWRP is better than Clockwork Recovery if you've a choice

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭b.gud

Backup MiUI first and TWRP is better than Clockwork Recovery if you've a choice

Cheers, based on the instructions I've seen it seems like TWRP is the way to go alright

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement