Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chinese Android Phones 2 - Read First Post!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,491 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

eamonnq wrote: »
    Thanks for that, time for a new phone so!! :D

Im gonna try my best to wait until 2017 to buy a new one :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Have you roaming turned off?

My Oukitel has started to charge very slowly all of a sudden, bought a new charger and no difference, could it be the usb cable?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

My Oukitel has started to charge very slowly all of a sudden, bought a new charger and no difference, could it be the usb cable?

Yes, cables can play a huge role in charge rates (a 2A charger with a **** cable can deliver only 200mA).

ED E wrote: »
    Yes, cables can play a huge role in charge rates (a 2A charger with a **** cable can deliver only 200mA).

Grand it is a little loose, better grab another!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,927 ✭✭✭ActingDanClark

dercunx wrote: »
    I have just received my Redmi Note 2 pro and am having the same problem with the Ulster Bank app. Did you find a fix for this?

Mine worked fine for about a week after I got it until there was a xiaomi update notification. I didn't bother with it but the phone appears to have self updated ( it was powered off despite being on overnight charge) and the Ulster bank app hasn't worked since

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 254 ✭✭howdoyouknow

damian139 wrote:
    Mine worked fine for about a week after I got it until there was a xiaomi update notification. I didn't bother with it but the phone appears to have self updated ( it was powered off despite being on overnight charge) and the Ulster bank app hasn't worked since

You don't happen to know what version of MIUI it was running when you got it?
    You may be able to rollback to that again. The app has never worked for me despite having tried a few different veraions of MIUI

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,927 ✭✭✭ActingDanClark

You don't happen to know what version of MIUI it was running when you got it?
    You may be able to rollback to that again. The app has never worked for me despite having tried a few different veraions of MIUI

I don't, it's on 7.5 now, so whatever preceded that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭MrDiyFan

hi ,i'll be getting another chinese phone shortly and have a couple of questions.

How do Leeco stack up against Xiaomi in the same price range?

I see the leeco x520 has gorilla glass 4 and the snapdragon 652 but is slightly more expensive than the note 3 pro with the 650 and better battery

On aliexpress hongkong goldway they have "EU Express Add Item" at the bottom of page.Do you need to click on that if you are already using sellers shipping method with the item?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

MrDiyFan wrote: »
    hi ,i'll be getting another chinese phone shortly and have a couple of questions.

I see the leeco x520 has gorilla glass 4 and the snapdragon 652 but is slightly more expensive than the note 3 pro with the 650 and better battery

On aliexpress hongkong goldway they have "EU Express Add Item" at the bottom of page.Do you need to click on that if you are already using sellers shipping method with the item?

No band 20, same thing crippled the Max Pro X910.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48 Ryback

MrDiyFan wrote: »

I've had an LeEco Le1s for a good few months now and after a few initial niggles I've found it to be very good. The performance which is the main thing for me is solid, the UI is very smooth.

There have been a couple of issues. The phone wouldn't work well on Three's network, have no problem with Meteor. No idea why that's the case as they use the same bands as far as I'm aware.

The lack of band 20 means you may not receive 4g wherever you may expect. I'm not sure why it's such a big issue for people since I can stream music, movies and live sports without issues on 3g.

The other big thing about the newer LeEco is the lack of a headpghone jack, the USB-C port is used instead. Personally that would be a deal breaker.

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭johnytwentyten

hi,
    dont know if this is of any use to anyone or even if it makes sense but gonna throw it out there,

i have the redmi note 3 pro prime and having issues at times with the fingerprint scanner,

i have found that if the scanner isnt working correctly,if you change the name of the saved fingerprint (ie. fingerprint1, change to fingerprint) this seems to sort the issue, at least it does on my phone

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

never found it so hard to pick from the remi range,

not waiting for the pro duel camera looks silly,

cant pick between the note 3 pro the pro3 or the new se.

only difference I can see is the screen size.

such a hard choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭jfk247

Delighted with the P9000 that I have TBH.

Whereabouts did you get the P9000 from eamonnq?

I've been toying with the idea of getting it but seen some mixed reviews on here about it which has me wondering if I should look at some other options....which could take days to decide :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Kamili

jfk247 wrote: »

I've been toying with the idea of getting it but seen some mixed reviews on here about it which has me wondering if I should look at some other options....which could take days to decide :confused:

I'm actually in the same boat! I feel your pain..

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭RockBadger

Hi. Can anyone please tell me how to know for sure if a phone has a proper gyro? I know this sounds silly and obvious- check specs and reviews. Some reviews seem to suggest that g-sensor/ gyro is same thing? I have mlais m52-again some spec breakdowns list gyroscope but I only found out recently it has every sensor under the sun except gyro. Bottom line-I cant use this phone properly with VR headset. Any help appreciated. Thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭BowWow

Kamili wrote: »
    I'm actually in the same boat! I feel your pain..

Me too. Confused by the contrast in reviews, some excellent and some with issues.
    Also looking at waiting on Elephone S7 - due in September.

Basically if I knew a good reliable supplier, that I could return to if there was an issue I'd probably order. Prices on ebay/amazon around the €200 mark, seen them on Adverts for €370!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭d31b0y

RockBadger wrote: »
    Hi. Can anyone please tell me how to know for sure if a phone has a proper gyro? I know this sounds silly and obvious- check specs and reviews. Some reviews seem to suggest that g-sensor/ gyro is same thing? I have mlais m52-again some spec breakdowns list gyroscope but I only found out recently it has every sensor under the sun except gyro. Bottom line-I cant use this phone properly with VR headset. Any help appreciated. Thanks.

Bugs the hell outta me too. I wish they would just call the g-sensor an accelerometer...
    As to how you would know, I think you should assume that they are not both present unless both are listed.
    (g-sensor / accelerometer) & gyro

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Kamili

BowWow wrote: »
    Prices on ebay/amazon around the €200 mark, seen them on Adverts for €370!

there's some chancers on Adverts!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,011 ✭✭✭eamonnq

jfk247 wrote: »

Got it from Chigon on Aliexpress , although reading some of the reviews would nearly put me off too!!! :D

Mine has been excellent though, battery life is great on it, camera is not the best though, ( I still think the TCL M2U was one of the better phones and the camera on that was very good too).

Think I might have discovered a problem with my P9000 as the headphone socket seems to have stopped working ( I seldom use headphones on a phone anyway ), but it might count as an excuse reason, to buy a new phone!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,558 ✭✭✭corkie

Actually could really do with a phone that takes 2 sims at the same time as a MicroSD card (might be time to start looking for a new phone!!)

Think I might have discovered a problem with my P9000 as the headphone socket seems to have stopped working ( I seldom use headphones on a phone anyway ), but it might count as an excuse reason, to buy a new phone!!

Two excuse's reasons so far, how many more do you need?

corkie wrote: »
    Two excuse's reasons so far, how many more do you need?

I don't reallllllly need more storage and I don't realllllly need the headphone socket (it might not even be faulty!)......so I don't realllllllly need a new phone, but realllllllllly I just haven't realllllly seen anything that I reallllllllllllly want. Really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭keano25

whats the best android tablet around at the moment?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,809 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

keano25 wrote: »
    whats the best android tablet around at the moment?

I know not one of the cheap chinese ones but one android Tablet I have always wanted is the Samsung GalaxyTab 10 (first edition) ... to me that would have everything i would need and to me be the perfect laptop.

Stereo Speakers on the front of the screen, A decent Autofocus Rear Camera with LED Flash and I think f2.1 camera which is good in low light - I just cannot understand why they discontinued it when they did and then started putting crappy cameras back on them with no LED flash. .. Maybe thats the way the market went I suppose.

They are very hard to get hold of those first edition Galaxy Tab 10" - and then when they do become available on ebay people want fierce money for one.

Chinese one I'm after.. with wifi direct for casting to tv.. decent screen preferably!

keano25 wrote: »
    Chinese one I'm after.. with wifi direct for casting to tv.. decent screen preferably!

Any of these suit you from Gearbest's Euro Warehouse? i wonder:

http://www.gearbest.com/tablet-pc-and-accessories-c_11999/?wid=3

http://www.gearbest.com/tablet-pc-and-accessories-c_11999/?wid=3

buy anything, but don't buy from GB.

buy anything, but don't buy from GB.

Why so?

Im tempted to get the Octacore 3G 10" Phablet one for only €85 including free delivery to UK (then use PM for €3.99) - cant go wrong eh?

Have ordered 3 products so far from Gearbest no problems apart from long wait for some things

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,284 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Aye lad, don't buy from GB. The forum they have here has enough bad stories to be a warning.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement