Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chinese Android Phones 2 - Read First Post!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

corkie wrote: »
    Strange that they don't work, hope you don't have a vendor rom.

Check settings - about phone - MIUI version. Plus post what it is.

Version 7.3.2

I kinda messed around and tried to flash miui 8 and i think I broke it and can't flash it back

Also story on local? Currently in Turkey doesatter?

Really need a dummy guide to this stuff

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,558 ✭✭✭corkie

but1er wrote: »
    Also story on local? Currently in Turkey doesatter?

Really need a dummy guide to this stuff

Localization does work on official roms can not choose Ireland or even UK for it.
    Then doesn't have that in xiaomi.eu rom.

For dummy guide see the reddit xiaomi wiki.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭cavan4sam

Looking for something like a samsung s5 ..any suggestions ? Good camera and not too teck savvy with flashing . rooting etc,, so something to turn on that works would be fine ...
    Budget up to 150

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭BowWow

cavan4sam wrote: »
    Looking for something like a samsung s5 ..any suggestions ? Good camera and not too teck savvy with flashing . rooting etc,, so something to turn on that works would be fine ...
    Budget up to 150

I'm taking a punt on the new Ulefone Metal, $120 at present, due for delivery in Sept.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,999 ✭✭✭✭GBX

BowWow wrote: »
    I'm taking a punt on the new Ulefone Metal, $120 at present, due for delivery in Sept.

Got the Ulefone Power from Amazon for €150 delivered. Great phone, android 6.0 and brilliant battery.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭Kilboor

cavan4sam wrote: »
    Budget up to 150

LeTv x600

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭cavan4sam

Kilboor wrote:
    LeTv x600
    Can u pm me a link or post it here if allowed by mods thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 99 ✭✭bigmike99

GBX wrote: »
    Got the Ulefone Power from Amazon for €150 delivered. Great phone, android 6.0 and brilliant battery.

no customs charges from amazon?
    how long was the wait? because last item i bought through amazon from china took a couple of weeks, but if you sign up for prime freetrial and get onto support they will rush it for you id say if you say you thought everything was 1 day prime delivery. Thats my plan anyway, thinking of ordering this with 6000mAh battery

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,999 ✭✭✭✭GBX

bigmike99 wrote: »
    no customs charges from amazon?
    how long was the wait? because last item i bought through amazon from china took a couple of weeks, but if you sign up for prime freetrial and get onto support they will rush it for you id say if you say you thought everything was 1 day prime delivery. Thats my plan anyway, thinking of ordering this with 6000mAh battery

No custom charge as your dealing with a UK company and paying Vat at time of purchase as opposed to ordering through Asian vendors. This is where I got it
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01AY2XZ6E/ref=pe_385721_143309391_TE_item

Seems to have gone up £10. Ordered and shipped to Parcel Motel it arrived within 72 hours.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭jfk247

So going to pull the trigger today on the elephone P9000....despite the mixed reviews!!
    What way do ppl pay for their phones? Paypal/Revolt card/Straight off their debit card???

jfk247 wrote: »
    So going to pull the trigger today on the elephone P9000....despite the mixed reviews!!
    What way do ppl pay for their phones? Paypal/Revolt card/Straight off their debit card???

Went with paypal in the end.

Will post when I get the customs invoice!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,011 ✭✭✭eamonnq

Went with paypal in the end.

Will post when I get the customs invoice!!

Where did you buy from in the end ?

eamonnq wrote: »
    Where did you buy from in the end ?

Went with Banggood in the end. Seemed to be the best price and the one I was happiest with buying from.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,011 ✭✭✭eamonnq

Went with Banggood in the end. Seemed to be the best price and the one I was happiest with buying from.

Would have been cheaper (and quicker) from one of the Aliexpress sellers, but maybe you will not get caught for any extra charges!

eamonnq wrote: »
    Would have been cheaper (and quicker) from one of the Aliexpress sellers, but maybe you will not get caught for any extra charges!

Damn it!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭toby2111

The Xiaomi Mi5 looks like a top phone for a good price.......but its got no SD slot and no FM radio. Is there a similar spec phone that has got these?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 153 ✭✭muffinn

Has anyone bought or is planning to buy new Redmi 3S/Prime ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭Kilboor

• Registered Users Posts: 24 SDIESEL77

muffinn wrote: »
    Has anyone bought or is planning to buy new Redmi 3S/Prime ?

Yep I have it. Received it last week. Although I had to reflash the ROM as it came with a buggy version with ads, it's a fantastic phone for the price.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 680 ✭✭✭Happy_Harry

BowWow wrote: »

Just spotted this phone, took a punt myself, without too much comparing this time... I am sure if I would look long enough I would find a reason not to like it..
    Got it on amazon delivered by amazon (£120)... hopefully get it this week or early next week...

It looks like all I was looking for to replace my MOTO G 2nd gen, that did the job for a year or so but has been driving me crazy for the last 3 months being incredibly slow, rebooting by itself, dropping connections and so on. Hope the 3GB RAM on this one will keep me going for at least a year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭rickyjb

corkie wrote: »
    Strange that they don't work, hope you don't have a vendor rom.

Check settings - about phone - MIUI version. Plus post what it is.

Version 7.3.2

I kinda messed around and tried to flash miui 8 and i think I broke it and can't flash it back
    I had the same issue with the dialler and contacts recently with a Mi5, did you create a Mi account? If so just log out of it (and delete it from the phone if you want) and contacts and dialler should start working again. From what I read online it's something to do with creating a Mi account with your phone number, it doesn't recognise it and stops the dialler working.

rickyjb wrote: »
    I had the same issue with the dialler and contacts recently with a Mi5, did you create a Mi account? If so just log out of it (and delete it from the phone if you want) and contacts and dialler should start working again. From what I read online it's something to do with creating a Mi account with your phone number, it doesn't recognise it and stops the dialler working.

Well thank you kind sir. Worked perfeft

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭rickyjb

rickyjb wrote: »

Well thank you kind sir. Worked perfeft
    Glad to help:)

The Mi5 is a fantastic phone for anyone thinking of getting one, fingerprint scanner works really well and it's super fast at everything. It's also very light, at least in comparison to a THL 5000 which was a bit of a brick.

It came with a global stable ROM but I'd like to uninstall all the Xiaomi bloatware, anyone know if there's a way to do this without rooting the phone and using a new ROM etc.?

And has anyone installed a new ROM, how difficult is it and what are the benefits? Can you still get OTA updates after you do it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭aaronm13

Sorry for not going through a load of pages but dropped my Letv x800 today and screen broke. Only dropped from knee height and I had one of those tempered glass things on too and both shattered. I remember reading sometime ago that someone else broke their screen on this phone. Just wondering did that person have any luck buying a screen replacement and finding someone here to do the work. Those tempered screens are supposed to be shatter proof,what a joke. Screen on some of these phones are so brittle, that's the second one I broke this year. Don't have the money to replace so will solder on with it for now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭curiousoranje

Would anyone be able to tell me if the Leap card top up app works with the Elephone P9000? Thanks.

Smashed the screen running for bus on my trusty 2 year old XT0132 Moto G this afternoon so looking for a phone that will last me another year or two, and there's not much value to be had with the brand name phones. Would really like a NFC enabled phone as it's so handy with Leap card.

Cheers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Twas me broke my X800. Didn't have much faith in removing the screen myself so I returned it to the seller on AliExpress. I'd have a lot of experience replacing screens so I may have just been too lazy and am forgetting that now.

Hong Kong Goldway were the seller, huers have gone quiet on me now. It was outside the warranty because of OS **** but they agreed to the fix, $60 I believe.

Screens on eBay were about that anyways.

I had a huge dead spot on the middle of my screen which is the only reason I got it fixed at all, I don't give a crap about the look, have you similar?

I do mention them a lot here but they're a sound bunch, Electronic Partner in Galway fixed my Mi3 a few times, I'm sure if you asked about a X800 they might give it a whack. If you're badly stuck I can do some study and give it a whirl myself if you'd trust a man.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,284 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Would anyone be able to tell me if the Leap card top up app works with the Elephone P9000? Thanks.

Smashed the screen running for bus on my trusty 2 year old XT0132 Moto G this afternoon so looking for a phone that will last me another year or two, and there's not much value to be had with the brand name phones. Would really like a NFC enabled phone as it's so handy with Leap card.

Cheers.

Once the phone has NFC it will work. The app doesn't store any paying information itself, but you can save credit card information in Chrome.

• Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭itsnotmyfault

Cheers.

I had read reports of NFC not working on some P9000's so checked a mate of mine who had the phone if the leap app worked and it did. I have my phone now and confirm it works too so you should be fine.

Very good phone for the money. Great screen. Camera is "fine" but i'm not a professional photographer so that doesn't bother me:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭curiousoranje

Grand, cheers.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement