Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chinese Android Phones 2 - Read First Post!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,491 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

Ordered the Umi Super today, budget was a bit nicer than I thought :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭GatsbyGal

I am looking for a new phone and the xiaomi mi5 seemed to tick all the boxes for me bar the external storage. Is there a comparable phone with external storage available? I want to be able to transfer my music to the new phone with my sim card. Thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,011 ✭✭✭eamonnq

Ordered the Umi Super today, budget was a bit nicer than I thought :pac:

Where did you order it from and how much it will it cost (all in!!) ?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,687 ✭✭✭54and56

vonny232 wrote: »
    Hi Folks,
    Since I need to save some cash (and due to the uninspiring lineup of mid to high end smartphones here), I started looking at Chinese smartphones instead.

In particular I am looking at the Xiaomi Mi5 which has some superb reviews and specs.

I have a few questions:
    1) What are peoples general opinion about this handset?
    2) I was thinking of the middle offering 64gb version. Should I push the boat out and get the Ceramic "Pro" version?
    3) If I import from China, how much would I be stung for import duty? I can get it around €310-€350 from China inc postage.
    4) However, I can get it for $414 (€370) from Honorbuy which is a Xiaomi reseller with an EU warehouse (so no import duty).

I am also open to other handsets of a similar price if anyone has any suggestions.

Thanks in advance :)

If I was going to spend the guts of €400 on a new high end smartphone I'd head straight over to OnePlus and buy the OnePlus Three - https://oneplus.net/ie/oneplus-3

Serious phone and serious company to deal with. I've had the OnePlus One for almost two years and I still can't justify changing it. It's got Android 6, 3GB RAM, 64GB storage, never freezes or hangs and absolutely whizzes along.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,687 ✭✭✭54and56

eamonnq wrote: »

Don't know where Iseedeadpixels ordered the UMI Super from but there's a flash sale at US$189 here http://www.gearbest.com/cell-phones/pp_361291.html

• Advertisement

Don't know where Iseedeadpixels ordered the UMI Super from but there's a flash sale at US$189 here http://www.gearbest.com/cell-phones/pp_361291.html

Gearbest ??? No thank you!!

Antelife euro warehouse 202 euro all in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭MrDiyFan

If I was going to spend the guts of €400 on a new high end smartphone I'd head straight over to OnePlus and buy the OnePlus Three - https://oneplus.net/ie/oneplus-3

Serious phone and serious company to deal with. I've had the OnePlus One for almost two years and I still can't justify changing it. It's got Android 6, 3GB RAM, 64GB storage, never freezes or hangs and absolutely whizzes along.

http://www.kimovil.com/en/compare/oneplus-3-6gb-64gb-cn,xiaomi-mi5-4gb-128gb

the specs are almost identical-same camera ,processor,battery size,

which is better?

update:the one plus 3 has amoled so that sways it anyhow

MrDiyFan wrote: »

One plus has 6gb ram ?

Mi5 have 128gb storage ?

One plus is bigger screen too!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭smilerf

Lads I'm asking for a friend.

Looking for a 5.5 inch
    Full hd
    At least 2 gb
    Good battery

But here's the tough part she don't want the usual black white silver grey gold

Any help appreciated

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,999 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Not sure exactly of the model .. but I'm sure there are Lenovo in yellows and blues. Check on kimovil and see whats available.

Which is better to order from TopOne or Honkkong Goldway?

They both have the eu express option

http://www.kimovil.com/en/compare/oneplus-3-6gb-64gb-cn,xiaomi-mi5-4gb-128gb

the specs are almost identical-same camera ,processor,battery size,

which is better?
    One plus has 6gb ram ?

Mi5 have 128gb storage ?

One plus is bigger screen too!!
    Which is better to order from TopOne or Honkkong Goldway?

They both have the eu express option

Have you decided which one you are ordering ??

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

Got the Huawei P9 yesterday. What an absolute delight compared to my Elephone P9000.

It's so fast, very smooth, feels great in the hand as well.

Jelle1880 wrote: »
    Got the Huawei P9 yesterday. What an absolute delight compared to my Elephone P9000.

It's so fast, very smooth, feels great in the hand as well.

What did it cost and where did you get it ?

What did it cost and where did you get it ?

Went with a Vodafone contract as I was getting pissed off with Three. Phone itself was 50 euro.

I really like some of the little things that EMUI does, even if I use Nova Launcher.

Jelle1880 wrote: »
    Went with a Vodafone contract as I was getting pissed off with Three. Phone itself was 50 euro.

I really like some of the little things that EMUI does, even if I use Nova Launcher.

Is that with a 2 year contract @ 40 a month ?

Is that with a 2 year contract @ 40 a month ?

Yeah, that one.
    Also includes Sky Sports Mobile TV (although I need to give them a call to get that working properly), roaming across Europe,...

Not always a big fan of a contract, but this seems fine to me. 4G already works far better than on my Three card, but that could also have been the phone itself. Camera I've only tested a bit, but looks fantastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 SDIESEL77

Either Ulter Bank or MIUI received an update the last few days because now the fingerprint log in works :D

• Advertisement

There's a giveaway for a Umi Touch on the Gearbest forum, we need 60 entries so hurry!!

All them entries and a mod wins. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭wiz569

Serves you right for entering in the first place :D

Be worse if it was a admin :D

wiz569 wrote: »
    Serves you right for entering in the first place :D

If I hadn't entered, the mods post would not have been number 69 and someone else would have won, I think I deserve half the phone!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭jfk247

jfk247 wrote: »
    Went with paypal in the end.

Will post when I get the customs invoice!!
    Destination Country - Tracking Consuming: 1642 ms2016-09-01 10:12 DUBLIN MAIL CENTRE, DUBLIN 12, ITEM SENT TO CUSTOMS

Phone (Elephone P9000 from banggood) is in the country at least...just have to wait and see how "busy" the lads in customs are!!!Ordered on the 19th August so 2 weeks isnt too bad...I suppose!!!

Ordered a Umi super from Antelife e.u warehouse....supposed 24 hour delivery, over 48 hours...nothing :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭homingbird

jfk247 wrote: »
    Destination Country - Tracking Consuming: 1642 ms2016-09-01 10:12 DUBLIN MAIL CENTRE, DUBLIN 12, ITEM SENT TO CUSTOMS

Phone (Elephone P9000 from banggood) is in the country at least...just have to wait and see how "busy" the lads in customs are!!!Ordered on the 19th August so 2 weeks isnt too bad...I suppose!!!
    What might help you next time is if you pick a sell that uses NL Post as i bought a phone of a seller that uses them & what was marked on the package was country of origin Holland so no duty to pay even doe it came from china maybe nl post takes it to holland first then on to destanation. Anyhow no charge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

its 24hours after its dispatched, like every eu retailer.

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭lapua20grain

Hi folks looking for something similar to an Samsung s7 edge using one for work can't fault it. any suggestions?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,027 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Hi folks looking for something similar to an Samsung s7 edge using one for work can't fault it. any suggestions?

The rumoured Xiaomi Mi Note 2 will be something to keep an eye on. Should be out soon but probably won't be as cheap as Xiaomi phones usually are

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement