Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chinese Android Phones 2 - Read First Post!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭jfk247

Finally got my Elephone P900 and looks like I might be in the 'unlucky' group.
    Get the "sim card not inserted" notification. It goes away after a second, i can make calls and receive texts no problems but cant get my data to work.
    Really like the look and feel of the phone as well so raging I've to send it back :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 275 ✭✭retweet

Can anyone recommend a decent phone for around €150? 5"+ 1080p screen is a must. Thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,687 ✭✭✭54and56

jfk247 wrote: »
    Finally got my Elephone P900 and looks like I might be in the 'unlucky' group.
    Get the "sim card not inserted" notification. It goes away after a second, i can make calls and receive texts no problems but cant get my data to work.
    Really like the look and feel of the phone as well so raging I've to send it back :(

Double check your APN settings before sending it back. Search Google for "your network name" + APN settings.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,491 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

Umi Super is a lovely phone, nearly had a heart attack at the speed of charging :p one annoyance, downloading from Google play takes forever....if I use aptoide the app is downloaded in a instant! Any ideas?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭horse7

Anyone recommend Homtom ht10?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭Gulliver

Pulled the trigger on a Mi5 last week (Top-One on AliExpress) - have to laugh at the delivery times when it hits Ireland:
    Top One Warehouse -> Hong Kong Airport -> London: 1 day
    London -> Distribution Centre -> Shannon: 1 day
    Shannon -> me: 3 days and counting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭M00lers

retweet wrote: »
    Can anyone recommend a decent phone for around €150? 5"+ 1080p screen is a must. Thanks :)

Bit over budget but Redmi Note 3 Pro is a popular choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭jfk247

Double check your APN settings before sending it back. Search Google for "your network name" + APN settings.

Thanks Je_suis_jean. Checked all that last night and was onto 3 about it.... Turns out it was my poxy old o2 sim card that wouldn't work.
    Got a new one today and happy out!!!! Everything works... So far!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭MrDiyFan

My Mi4c arrived ,took 8 working days from honkkong goldway

The 3 buttons down the bottom will not work with the tempered glass screen protector on-haven't had that problem before .

I'm giving serious consideration to a Mi Max. Massive screen size does appeal to Mi...:)
    Anyone have one?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,284 ✭✭✭fixXxer

I'm giving serious consideration to a Mi Max. Massive screen size does appeal to Mi... Anyone have one?

I do I do

fixxxer wrote: »
    I do I do

Cool..worth a punt yeah?

Anyone recommend a battery shop
    Looking for a spare for a redmi note 2
    Presumably you can't increase capacity, or can you ?
    Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,558 ✭✭✭corkie

MrDiyFan wrote: »
    Thanks

https://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/Xiaomi-Redmi-Note-2-Battery-100-Original-Replacement-3060-Li-ion-Backup-Battery-for-Xiaomi-Redmi/1763504_32447054759.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,558 ✭✭✭corkie

Thanks, would they be genuine spares or a clone?

Check the comments on the link, some say it is Original battery, others say not!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Having got 1 as a spare, I can say it's nowhere near as good as the original. It drops like a shot when in use.

It's fine for a backup while on the go, but it's nowhere near the capacity of the official battery.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,809 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

Umi Super is a lovely phone, nearly had a heart attack at the speed of charging :p one annoyance, downloading from Google play takes forever....if I use aptoide the app is downloaded in a instant! Any ideas?

I havent any ideas but I have a UMI Rome X and that is slow downloading from play store too and I was putting it down to my broadband speed - Thanks I must try aptoide and see if its quicker for me too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,809 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

I saw some 6" Phablets (hate that term) on GB site yesterday, not a fan if you dont like Huge phones (but I do) prices around €350 and from EU warehouse - bet they are cool

I noticed on gearbest EU it seems to be mostly old tech they're pawning off.

• Advertisement

Cool..worth a punt yeah?

I think it's great, but I always think bigger is better when it comes to phones. Battery lasts for ages, and I've not been able to make it stutter yet. Only problem I find is MIUI is a bit OTT when it comes to memory management. There's a CM13 on xda too if rooting and flashing is your thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,573 ✭✭✭WhiteMemento9

Should I wait for the 'Redmi 4' (5 inch) smartphone to be released or go ahead with the 'Redmi 3 Pro'? The sellers on Aliexpress have contacted me to say they have ceased production of the phone and they can no longer get the color I want in this model. I would say it is because production of the 4 has started because it is due to drop any day now.

I can still get the 'Redmi 3s pro' version. I am wondering would I be better going for the 3 which has done plenty of mileage in the Western market despite and official release here or will the 4 be good to go here from launch without much hassle on my end?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,687 ✭✭✭54and56

Should I wait for the 'Redmi 4' (5 inch) smartphone to be released or go ahead with the 'Redmi 3 Pro'? The sellers on Aliexpress have contacted me to say they have ceased production of the phone and they can no longer get the color I want in this model. I would say it is because production of the 4 has started because it is due to drop any day now.

I can still get the 'Redmi 3s pro' version. I am wondering would I be better going for the 3 which has done plenty of mileage in the Western market despite and official release here or will the 4 be good to go here from launch without much hassle on my end?

Would the just launched Umi Plus at €175 http://www.geekbuying.com/item/UMI-PLUS-5-5inch-Helio-P10-4GB-32GB-Smartphone---Gray-372264.html be a contender for you?

Thanks

You'd be better off with something like this:
    https://goo.gl/0MGq6t

There are smaller ones available that give less charge and they can be used across multiple devices on just the one like a spare battery.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 254 ✭✭howdoyouknow

I got my redmi 3 pro through oppomart and found them good to deal with. Took about 12 days for Delivery using their shipping method and avoiding customs. Paid by PayPal. They had all colours available at the time when most others only had the silver version. Might be worth a shot. I'm very happy with my phone so far build quality and battery life are excellent

Would the just launched Umi Plus at €175 be a contender for you?

Thanks but no. The largest screen I am willing to consider is 5inch. I already think that is a little too big but very little in the market worth considering with a smaller screen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 825 ✭✭✭LFC Murphy

Hi folks, just a quick question.

After 2 years my Original Xiaomi Redmi Note is giving up the ghost. (Rebooting, switching off)

I bought it in Pandawill, but where do people buy nowadays. Or do I go to Aliexpress...

Thanks

LFC Murphy wrote: »

After 2 years my Original Xiaomi Redmi Note is giving up the ghost. (Rebooting, switching off)

I bought it in Pandawill, but where do people buy nowadays. Or do I go to Aliexpress...

Thanks

Ali is the best option. You can see detailed feedback on the seller with reviews and often a number with photos etc. The Ali systems means the payment to the seller is held in escrow by Ali until the phone is in your hand and you are satisfied with it enough to release the payment to the seller without complaint. You can see the exact rom etc that the phone has been flashed with. The seller usually has options for fast delivery and avoid 'ahem' charges 'ahem'. All around it seems to be the best option.

Just a quick note. For some reason in recent days Ali seems to limit my search for phone. So for example if I search for a particular phone only a handful of sellers actually appear. If I open an Incognito tab on chrome and search again I get a whole host of sellers? Not sure what gives but just sort this then by order and pick one of the top sellers. Goldway and Top One are two good options.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,491 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

LFC Murphy wrote: »

Thanks

Gearbest :pac::pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,011 ✭✭✭eamonnq

G**b**t :pac::pac:

I hope you get your free keyring!! :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement