Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chinese Android Phones 2 - Read First Post!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 925 ✭✭✭RHJ

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

That seller has 33000 feedback?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,461 ✭✭✭corkie

RossieMan wrote: »
    That seller has 33000 feedback?

But no feedback on the actual device your purchasing!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,665 ✭✭✭54and56

corkie wrote: »
    But no feedback on the actual device your purchasing!

That's probably because it's brand new.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

Danger781 wrote: »
    Just ordered the Umi Plus via TopTek on Aliexpress

Down to $179.99 at the moment which is the cheapest I have seen anywhere..
    https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Umi-Ultrathin-4G-Fingerprint-4000mAh-5-5-FHD-Smartphone-Android-6-0-MTK6755-Octa-Core-Cellphone/32729852066.html

This is the important bit .............It supports a TF card up to 256G which is massive .
    So worthwhile buying one of these cards and when you insert it , you can use it as internal memory too.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

I'm getting a hand-me-down iPhone SE so I'm going to put my P9000(s) up for sale. If anyone's interested let me know.

Update: details: One is bricked - good for screen/hardware spares or potentially completely recoverable if you're good with ROMs. The other is "almost new" - it has about 12 days usage on it, perfect condition and works very well apart from what would be a minor audio recording issue. I'll include the cases, 2 charging cables and a new brandless QI charging pad that works great with it.

Here's the adverts.ie link. (If anyone has an iPhone 6 or 6S with at least 32GB storage and is interested in a swap with cash your way, I'd be willing to negotiate.)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭BobbyT28

Trojan wrote: »
    I'm getting a hand-me-down iPhone SE so I'm going to put my P9000(s) up for sale. If anyone's interested let me know.

Update: details: One is bricked - good for screen/hardware spares or potentially completely recoverable if you're good with ROMs. The other is "almost new" - it has about 12 days usage on it, perfect condition and works very well apart from what would be a minor audio recording issue. I'll include the cases, 2 charging cables and a new brandless QI charging pad that works great with it.

Here's the adverts.ie link. (If anyone has an iPhone 6 32GB or better and is interested in a swap with cash your way, I'd be willing to negotiate.)

Good luck with the sale.

FYI

There is no iPhone 6 32GB. Only 16, 64, 128GB versions

You.must be mad thinking you'll get anything like that for it. I'd stick it up for what you paid for it, and hope to get 180 for it.

Re the broken phone, it's not worth much, even for parts.

This is just constructive criticism. Perhaps.someone will pay that much for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

eamonnq wrote: »

Oh man the Yota Phone. Love the idea of the e-ink screen, makes a lot of sense. It was €650+ when I was looking at it though and 2gb or ram just wasn't enough to justify the price when there were other options.

I'd give it a spin now if I hadn't bought the Mi Max :-/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,665 ✭✭✭54and56

Danger781 wrote: »
    Just ordered the Umi Plus via TopTek on Aliexpress

Down to $179.99 at the moment which is the cheapest I have seen anywhere..
    https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Umi-Ultrathin-4G-Fingerprint-4000mAh-5-5-FHD-Smartphone-Android-6-0-MTK6755-Octa-Core-Cellphone/32729852066.html

Have they shipped it to you yet?

I pre-purchased from Geekbuying on Sep 15th and it still hasn't shipped.

Not happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,741 ✭✭✭Raoul

fixxxer wrote: »
    Oh man the Yota Phone. Love the idea of the e-ink screen, makes a lot of sense. It was €650+ when I was looking at it though and 2gb or ram just wasn't enough to justify the price when there were other options.

I'd give it a spin now if I hadn't bought the Mi Max :-/

Eamonnq. Please do. I love this idea. And want someone else to be braver than I.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭Danger781

Have they shipped it to you yet?

I pre-purchased from Geekbuying on Sep 15th and it still hasn't shipped.

Not happy.

In processing at the moment. Will update here once shipped.

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭seamus1980

Just ordered a Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 Pro from aliexpress,the shipping with DHL was only 5.62,7 to 15 days,guys also if using aliexpress put item in you basket and pay by their app,works out cheaper on everything.here is where i bought
    https://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/Original-Xiaomi-Redmi-Note-3-Pro-4G-LTE-Cell-Phone-Snapdragon-650-Hexa-Core-Fingerprint-Metal/103919_32600047369.html?spm=2114.8147860.0.0.2KiSzX

Enjoy paying extra customs with dhl.

I bought from aliexpress and DHL shipping many times and never payed customs:confused:

Did you pay for EU express previously. Dhl is almost guaranteed customs with amounts over the 26 threshold.

seamus1980 wrote: »
    Just ordered a Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 Pro from aliexpress,the shipping with DHL was only 5.62,7 to 15 days,guys also if using aliexpress put item in you basket and pay by their app,works out cheaper on everything.here is where i bought
    https://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/Original-Xiaomi-Redmi-Note-3-Pro-4G-LTE-Cell-Phone-Snapdragon-650-Hexa-Core-Fingerprint-Metal/103919_32600047369.html?spm=2114.8147860.0.0.2KiSzX

You do know it is the 16gb 2 ram version, so not that great for the price.

Quote from seller page.
    When you select DHL Express ,usually need to pay some Customs taxes, especially for Spain,Italy,Mexico,Chile,Israel,Poland etc.Please make sure that you can finish declarance and pay taxes when choose DHL.Please leave message when you place orders about delcare value (at least $45),Otherwise we will declare by our experience (For example $65 or write Real value )
    We sincerely hope that you do not use additional import costs or customs clearance delays as a reason to open dispue and requesting refunds or leaving negative feedback.

Plus the only review from Ireland had a delayed shipment.

2gb ram and 16gb is plenty for what i need it for

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,460 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

The P9000 is about 170 euros new. Is the one you're selling the one with a dodgy mic?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭MrDiyFan

There will surely be customs but it's a good bit cheaper than honkkong goldway with European express shipping so may not work out too bad

MrDiyFan wrote: »
    There will surely be customs but it's a good bit cheaper than honkkong goldway with European express shipping so may not work out too bad

To what post are you replying to? If it is to seamus1980 's device it is only 2Ram/16gb model he has ordered. Hence cheaper than "goldway"/"top one".

If he ordered same with goldway, about 10 euro more but guaranteed no customs.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

Hi guys,

Looking for a new phone for my wife. Background is that I got her a Xiaomi Mi3 two years ago (thanks to the original thread) and she has absolutely loved it. She dropped it in June and broke the screen. I got it repaired and the new screen cracked last week - I'm guessing inferior screen/possibly the repair guy over-tightening something. She's now using my old Galaxy S4.

So she would have happily continued with her Mi3, begging the question of what to get her now.

I see the Mi5 has just launched. Back when I got her the Mi3, the Mi4 was just launching. So I'm wondering do I go for a Mi4 (or Mi4S which seems like a decent step up from the original Mi4). But I see the Redmi Note 3 has been extremely popular and the Redmi Note 4 looks to be a good improvement on this. I always thought the Redmi was a step down from the Mi series, is that correct?

I think she'll want to stick with a Xiaomi because she really liked her previous one.

The problem is that there seems to be an awful lot of variations within the range these days. Anybody have any thoughts that could enlighten me?

Thanks,
    nkay.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Mi3 is a piece of piss to fix, screens about 25 quid. If you're on the hunt for a new phone surely it's worth a punt.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

Mi3 is a piece of piss to fix, screens about 25 quid. If you're on the hunt for a new phone surely it's worth a punt.

Thanks for the reply but I've already done that and it broke again within a month or two, this time without dropping. If I go again with it I'll have put about €60 into a two year old phone when it's probably coming to about the time to change anyway. If changing doesn't make sense financially then I may well do it again but would like to know what the current best options are.

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭GatsbyGal

I'm thinking of canceling my umi plus order. Vendor has told me they have no stock so who knows how long it's going to take to receive one. I need a new phone probably within the next month as my Samsung SIII is slowly dying. I've been eyeing the umi super. Any opinions on this one?

Would there be a similarly spec'd phone out there that I could order now? I want to stick to a 5.5" screen as I've ordered a case that was originally going to be used for the umi plus. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭poitinstill

looking for new phone for the missus.. this one from goldway looks the business...red mi note 3 pro .. with the few additions. 127.. can anyone show better alternates

also cant see where you select that eu express hipping i see it to italy etc for 15...

Feck the case. You don't buy a phone to fit the case. You buy the case to fit the phone.

Theyll all have different button/port positions so very hard to get 2 exactly alike.

What's the budget?

• Advertisement

looking for new phone for the missus.. this one from goldway looks the business...red mi note 3 pro .. with the few additions. 127.. can anyone show better alternates

also cant see where you select that eu express hipping i see it to italy etc for 15...

A link to the device your thinking of getting would help people giving advice on it. For "Goldway" you normally choose the "Seller's Shipping Method" to avoid customs.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement