Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chinese Android Phones 2 - Read First Post!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭GatsbyGal

RossieMan wrote: »
    Feck the case. You don't buy a phone to fit the case. You buy the case to fit the phone.

Theyll all have different button/port positions so very hard to get 2 exactly alike.

What's the budget?

Nah the case I ordered should fit any 5.5" screen. My tablet just gave up on me so I want to get a phone that has a relatively big screen and this is the biggest I'll go. My budget is €200-€250. Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

GatsbyGal wrote: »
    Nah the case I ordered should fit any 5.5" screen. My tablet just gave up on me so I want to get a phone that has a relatively big screen and this is the biggest I'll go. My budget is €200-€250. Thanks.

That makes no sense, the buttons will be in different places for different devices. Same with the camera on the back...

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭poitinstill

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,301 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

That's the Spanish site - inside the EU, no customs.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,461 ✭✭✭corkie

It is also 2gb ram, 16 gb rom version, so that is why it seams cheap.

Also there doesn't seem to be the option for "Seller's Shipping Method" on Goldway anymore.

It is Spanish version of the site, but maybe not be from EU, so you could get caught for customs.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,460 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Just made a complete hames of a purchase. Was looking for a cheap second hand phone and ordered a zenfone 4. I had been looking at the 2 and the 3 and got mixed up. Not entirely my fault that Asus releases a 4 and then a 5 then a 3 and 2 which are 4 timesore powerful but damn what a waste.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

GatsbyGal wrote: »

LeEco X800?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,966 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Just made a complete hames of a purchase. Was looking for a cheap second hand phone and ordered a zenfone 4. I had been looking at the 2 and the 3 and got mixed up. Not entirely my fault that Asus releases a 4 and then a 5 then a 3 and 2 which are 4 timesore powerful but damn what a waste.

Can you not contact the vendor to cancel?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,460 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Private sale on eBay, shipped already. Ah well, it might do a job for 45 quid

• Registered Users Posts: 11,966 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Private sale on eBay, shipped already. Ah well, it might do a job for 45 quid

Ah right. You could throw it on Adverts and get your money back hopefully.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭MrDiyFan

Can someone recommend a cheap device to cast from a Xiaomi Mi4c to a 720p screen, preferably off ebay China or aliexpress.

And what's the quality like on the cast, can you get 720p onto the TV, thanks

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,501 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

My Bluboo Maya Max arrived today to replace my P9000.

So far, so good. Too early to properly review, but my god is it a large screen!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Missymoohaa

Anyone got the lenovo vibe p1? Seriously thinking of this phone for my daughter for Christmas and don't want to make the wrong choice. She wants a gold phone.

http://www.tinydeal.com/lenovo-vibe-p1-55-fhd-snapdragon-615-octa-core-android-51-4g-phone-p-159991.html

• Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

Anyone got the lenovo vibe p1? Seriously thinking of this phone for my daughter for Christmas and don't want to make the wrong choice. She wants a gold phone.

http://www.tinydeal.com/lenovo-vibe-p1-55-fhd-snapdragon-615-octa-core-android-51-4g-phone-p-159991.html

to me that would be a decent phone . At 5.5 screen its near the top end of scale than most phones sold in Ireland .

While your at it buy at least a 64gb card as well to extend storage and when starting up you may be asked if you want to use this as internal memory which is brilliant.

oh and also buy a case/cover for protection as these phones can be quite slippery.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭smilerf

Lads been offered a Huawei Gx8 free on upgrade
    Since I have a Ulefone Power it will be a back up
    Is it any good?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Missymoohaa

to me that would be a decent phone . At 5.5 screen its near the top end of scale than most phones sold in Ireland .

While your at it buy at least a 64gb card as well to extend storage and when starting up you may be asked if you want to use this as internal memory which is brilliant.

oh and also buy a case/cover for protection as these phones can be quite slippery.

Thanks a million all the doyles for the tip about the sd card I did not know that and with the amount of selfles she takes she'll need every gb of it lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭reni10

corkie wrote: »
    A link to the device your thinking of getting would help people giving advice on it. For "Goldway" you normally choose the "Seller's Shipping Method" to avoid customs.

For goldway there are only 2 shipping methods available 1 is free shipping and the other is dhl for about €11, which is the shipping that is guaranteed no customs?

There is no EU express shipping method or seller's shipping method listed!

reni10 wrote: »
    For goldway there are only 2 shipping methods available 1 is free shipping and the other is dhl for about €11, which is the shipping that is guaranteed no customs?

There is no EU express shipping method or seller's shipping method listed!

It seems to have gone- only a month since I bought from them.
    Maybe they are switching to an EU warehouse, I see they have a Spain warehouse section now but it's empty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 383 ✭✭cinnamony

Guys how do you get the no customs option with TopOne on aliexpress?
    I only get two shipping options:
    Aliexpress free shipping or
    DHL express.

From reading their page it seems you select DHL express for the guaranteed no customs option? its a bit confusing..

Would really appreciate it if someone could help me figure it out TIA :)

(I can't post links sorry)

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭gerard2210

smilerf wrote:
    Lads been offered a Huawei Gx8 free on upgrade Since I have a Ulefone Power it will be a back up Is it any good?

The phone isn't free, you'll have it well paid for during lengthy of contract. Check the sim only plans with your provider. Might be half what you're paying now for same package.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭living

MrDiyFan wrote: »
    It seems to have gone- only a month since I bought from them.
    Maybe they are switching to an EU warehouse, I see they have a Spain warehouse section now but it's empty.

Gosh , I was about to buy one of their phones yesterday and now that option is gone. Hopefully it will be back soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭living

cinnamony wrote: »
    Guys how do you get the no customs option with TopOne on aliexpress?
    I only get two shipping options:
    Aliexpress free shipping or
    DHL express.

From reading their page it seems you select DHL express for the guaranteed no customs option? its a bit confusing..

Would really appreciate it if someone could help me figure it out TIA :)

(I can't post links sorry)
    You have to select DHL to avoid customs

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭smilerf

gerard2210 wrote: »
    The phone isn't free, you'll have it well paid for during lengthy of contract. Check the sim only plans with your provider. Might be half what you're paying now for same package.
    I'm on a 25 euro a month contract at moment anyway

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 873 ✭✭✭Casey78

Hi. Just looking for a cheap decent phone for my teenage nephew.Has anyone any experience with the Ulefone Paris?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭reni10

So there is now no shipping option from goldway that avoids customs charges?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

It was only ever for certain phones, try something else from them

• Registered Users Posts: 8,223 ✭✭✭funkey_monkey

Hi, was looking at one of these handsets. Are they any good? I know they are not listed on the first post, but I notice it has not been updated since first written over 1 year ago.

http://cpc.farnell.com/prestigio/psp7530duo-gold/5-3-muze-a7-dual-sim-smartphone/dp/TE07796

Hi, was looking at one of these handsets. Are they any good? I know they are not listed on the first post, but I notice it has not been updated since first written over 1 year ago.

http://cpc.farnell.com/prestigio/psp7530duo-gold/5-3-muze-a7-dual-sim-smartphone/dp/TE07796

i wouldn't bother with it-there's better fones for the same money

• Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

You will be charging it 3 times a day and the CPU is behind the times

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,223 ✭✭✭funkey_monkey

Thanks - good to know that.

What would be recommended that would be similar in specification to a Sony Z3 Compact? I looked at the Umi Plus, Gigaset ME and the Mi5. They seemed a bit bigger than the Z3 and the ME did not have a radio.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement