Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chinese Android Phones 2 - Read First Post!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭MrDiyFan

reni10 wrote: »
    So there is now no shipping option from goldway that avoids customs charges?

Goldway has a couple of fones in the spain warehouse sction today-presumably they're switching to that.

TopOne still has the DHL eu express option for 20 euro as far as i can tell

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭reni10

What's the URL to the Goldway spanish warehouse items?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 383 ✭✭cinnamony

Thats what I thought but DHL and no customs sounded like a crazy concept to me :)
    Thanks a million!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

nkay1985 wrote: »
    Hi guys,

Looking for a new phone for my wife. Background is that I got her a Xiaomi Mi3 two years ago (thanks to the original thread) and she has absolutely loved it. She dropped it in June and broke the screen. I got it repaired and the new screen cracked last week - I'm guessing inferior screen/possibly the repair guy over-tightening something. She's now using my old Galaxy S4.

So she would have happily continued with her Mi3, begging the question of what to get her now.

I see the Mi5 has just launched. Back when I got her the Mi3, the Mi4 was just launching. So I'm wondering do I go for a Mi4 (or Mi4S which seems like a decent step up from the original Mi4). But I see the Redmi Note 3 has been extremely popular and the Redmi Note 4 looks to be a good improvement on this. I always thought the Redmi was a step down from the Mi series, is that correct?

I think she'll want to stick with a Xiaomi because she really liked her previous one.

The problem is that there seems to be an awful lot of variations within the range these days. Anybody have any thoughts that could enlighten me?

Thanks,
    nkay.

Just following on from this,does anybody have recent experience with anything from Xiaomi? GSM Arena seems to give them all good reviews. Just conscious that there appears to be more than one variant of the redmi note 3 for example and wouldn't want to end up getting an inferior phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

They send it to somewhere in the UK first. Who in turn sent it to you. So you're the second recipient. They may get caught for customs in the UK, or they may have a way around it. Doesn't affect you as you've paid for your part in the delivery.

• Advertisement

nkay1985 wrote: »
    Just following on from this,does anybody have recent experience with anything from Xiaomi? GSM Arena seems to give them all good reviews. Just conscious that there appears to be more than one variant of the redmi note 3 for example and wouldn't want to end up getting an inferior phone.

I got the mi4c recently - they're a class fone for 100 + delivery
    Still have the Redmi note 2-great fone

If you're getting the note 3, the note 3 pro is the one to get, the note 3 pro prime has an extra 1GB ram.

I think Band 20(4g reception) is an issue with most xiaomis, not a concern of mine really.

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭peaceboi

Hi... looking to order the xiaomi redmi note 3 pro. Can someone guide me good place to order from? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭ifeelstupid

peaceboi wrote: »
    Hi... looking to order the xiaomi redmi note 3 pro. Can someone guide me good place to order from? Thanks

I got mine from Top One on Aliexpress. Use DHL option for delivery and no customs charges. Can take a week to 10 days to arrive, I ordered mine on a Sunday and had it the following Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,461 ✭✭✭corkie

peaceboi wrote: »

This is the one I got.

Note: - It has limited 4G supported bands.

There is also a special edition version available which has more bands but limited custom rom support.

Choose DHL EU expess shipping to avoid customs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭Kilboor

RossieMan wrote: »
    They send it to somewhere in the UK first. Who in turn sent it to you. So you're the second recipient. They may get caught for customs in the UK, or they may have a way around it. Doesn't affect you as you've paid for your part in the delivery.
    They might get around it by saying the device itself is being assembled in the UK and that what is being shipped is only parts for it. I think this negates any tax on imported goods

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

Aliexpress have a warehouse in UK . If item is shipped within EU there is no duty or vat .
    If item is shipped from outside you are liable for duty and even more chance of been caught if its DHL .
    When shopping on Aliexpress its best to check first if the item is available within EU .
    You will see this option on the top right hand side of webpage.
    If your phone is in UK warehouse DHL will deliver to you within 4 days Customs free.

You have no idea what you're talking about. Aliexpress isn't a store, it's a collection of sellers.

The dhl option is shipped from Asia to the Uk, then onto us. It usually takes 3 to 7 days.

RossieMan wrote:
    The dhl option is shipped from Asia to the Uk, then onto us. It usually takes 3 to 7 days.

Wrong and I can show you tracking to prove you are wrong .

I can show you tracking to prove you're wrong.

I've bought plenty with EU express option.

Next you'll be saying I was wrong about the aliexpress warehouse.

Wrong and I can show you tracking to prove you are wrong .

Mine with "Top One" was shipped from china to the UK, and then from UK to me.

I was even given two tracking codes for the parcel.

Tracking has since expired so can not show it.

But can provide a screenshot of communication with seller to show the same.

Read my post again as i not talking about EU express option . My post above is about buying phones that are shipped from UK and this option is available on the Aliexpress webpage as I already said above.

Read my post again as i not talking about EU express option . My post above is about buying phones that are shipped from UK and this option is available on the Aliexpress webpage as I already said above.

Most of the rest of us are talking about DHL EU Express and have just got confused with your post. You where lucky that the device you ordered was already in the UK.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 925 ✭✭✭RHJ

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

You're absolutely talking out your arse. Certain aliexpress sellers offer this, not aliexpress as a whole.

You're confusing people saying that aliexpress have an eu warehouse, link to the seller than has one of you want to be helpful

You can buy Huawei , Blackview , Cubot , Umi and Bluboo Chinese Android phones from UK warehouse with free shipping to Ireland on Aliexpress .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭BobbyPropane

RHJ wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

No it doesn't exist. You can't buy the device on their site anyway and the reviews are all from people saying the device "will" be good.

Allthedoyles, I think you've made a mistake, realised it and are now trying to cover it up. We've all made silly mistakes, but we try and keep the information given on here clear so everyone will understand.

4 days dhl delivery from the Uk is awful, too. It's a 1 day trip so I'd be even sceptical that it was in the Uk in the first place.

RossieMan wrote: »

4 days dhl delivery from the Uk is awful, too. It's a 1 day trip so I'd be even sceptical that it was in the Uk in the first place.

• Paid on Aliexpress on Saturday night 1st October
    • Departed Heathrow Monday night
    • Arrived East Midlands sorting facility Tuesday morning
    • Arrived Dublin Tuesday night
    • Delivered home Wednesday 5th October

Thats 4 days .

• Registered Users Posts: 4,251 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

smilerf wrote: »
    Lads been offered a Huawei Gx8 free on upgrade
    Since I have a Ulefone Power it will be a back up
    Is it any good?

It's a good phone so good I sold mine for 300 :pac:

So are we working on the fact that you've got 1 delivery sent?

Some sellers may stock some phones in the UK, but it's not common and I've yet to see ones with xiaomi,umi or any of the top brands for a realistic price.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭alphaLaura

Has anybody ordered a phone with Gizchina.com and opted for the EU warehouse shipment option? Did it work out okay for shipping time and customs charges?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭reni10

So is there anywhere now that you can order a Redmi 3s from China with the customs fees guaranteed not to be charged?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Mezcita

reni10 wrote: »
    So is there anywhere now that you can order a Redmi 3s from China with the customs fees guaranteed not to be charged?

https://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/Original-Xiaomi-Redmi-3S-Snapdragon-430-Mobile-Phone-4100mAh-Battery-Fingerprint-ID-2GB-RAM-16GB-ROM/342812_32683599224.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,534 ✭✭✭SomethingElse

I'm thinking about buying

http://cpc.farnell.com/prestigio/psp7530duo-black/5-3-muze-a7-dual-sim-smartphone/dp/TE07795

Any thoughts on this guys? I previously had a Landvo L200, which was perfect for me, but unfortunately after a fall the screen is too cracked to use!

• Advertisement

I'm thinking about buying

http://cpc.farnell.com/prestigio/psp7530duo-black/5-3-muze-a7-dual-sim-smartphone/dp/TE07795

Any thoughts on this guys? I previously had a Landvo L200, which was perfect for me, but unfortunately after a fall the screen is too cracked to use!
    It's not great for the money.
    Slow clock speed and small battery

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement