Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chinese Android Phones 2 - Read First Post!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭wozza

antodeco wrote: »
    My Maya Max supports 4G. It actually has enhanced LTE!

And the other part you mentioned, I did t pay any customs on mine when it arrived last week!

Antodeco

Maya & Maya max are 2 different phones with different specs/OS

cant wait for my Maya Max to arrive, seems to be ages ago when I ordered it,

Are you happy with it, how's it stack up ? cant wait to get rid of my 4s after all these years with it

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,501 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Did not know that! Thought the max was just bigger!

So far so good. size takes a little bit of getting used to! Battery is excellent. I've been solidly on it since 7am and it's at 45% at the minute. That's with a lot of on screen time, playing games.

Signal is not the best. I've noticed my 3G is definitely lower than on other phones.

Other than that, can't notice much difference coming from the Elephone P9000 (4GB Ram) to this.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,794 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

worth noting on these 3G china phones that 3G (if its in your area) is the best you will get ... you wont even get 3.5G / HSPA+ on these phones if I have this correct.

I think personally, in real time, there is great difference of speed when browsing on H+ compared to 3G

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,501 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

worth noting on these 3G china phones that 3G (if its in your area) is the best you will get ... you wont even get 3.5G / HSPA+ on these phones if I have this correct.

I think personally, in real time, there is great difference of speed when browsing on H+ compared to 3G

Every Chinese phone I've had, I've been able to get 3G/H+/4G

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Same as this, Mi3 got H+ everywhere

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Always check what Bands are available before buying. Most are perfect, xiaomi missing band 20 is a bit of a pain buy definitely not a breaker. 3g is much easier on battery anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,965 ✭✭✭✭GBX

RossieMan wrote: »
    Always check what Bands are available before buying. Most are perfect, xiaomi missing band 20 is a bit of a pain buy definitely not a breaker. 3g is much easier on battery anyway.

@Antodeco - yeah the majority do but as RossieMan says, the likes of Xiaomi and one or two others and on occasion it is after the phone is received that somebody finds out that they are missing a 4g band.

www.willmyphonework.net
    https://www.frequencycheck.com/

Are good to check before.

Yeah I should have made it clearly that if your buying a 3G Chinese phone. If you buy a cheap 3G China phone then you won't get 3.5g H+ ... Buy a phone listed at 4G you should get H+ and 4G if the bands match up with Ireland system

Yeah I should have made it clearly that if your buying a 3G Chinese phone. If you buy a cheap 3G China phone then you won't get 3.5g H+ ... Buy a phone listed at 4G you should get H+ and 4G if the bands match up with Ireland system

Inaccurate again, Xiaomi Mi3 is a 3G phone, works with H+ no problem. There's cheap phones that can handle 4G here and expensive ones that can't, it's not as black and white as cheap ones get 3G, expensive ones get 4G and H+

Sorry if I have mis-led. It's been in my experience that on 3G China phones I have ordered won't get H+ my present one a umi Rome x 3G same again, not capable of browsing in H+

• Advertisement

I think I said that bitchier than was meant.

It's just dependant on the phone

Stop buying **** from gearbest would be my advise.

RossieMan wrote: »
    Stop buying **** from gearbest would be my advise.

My advice would be to advise people to read phone specs and check their own network's before buying any phone

wozza wrote: »
    My advice would be to advise people to read phone specs and check their own network's before buying any phone

And then don't buy it from Gearbest.

Hell Hongkong Goldway made me confirm I was okay with the fact my phone was missing a few 4G bands in Ireland before they'd ship it

I am OK with my present UMI Rome X .. I knew from the start it was 3G, only cost me 80eur as well so wasnt expecting a decent 4G for that price, everything else Im happy with, a pretty good phone for the price apart from a bit laggy (only got 1gb ram) - only on Tesco Mobile and they dont do 4G anyway...

And then don't buy it from Gearbest.

Hell Hongkong Goldway made me confirm I was okay with the fact my phone was missing a few 4G bands in Ireland before they'd ship it

so who would you recommend to buy from in china/HK DS ?

Just ordered from Banggood but if the hype is to be believed they are as bad as Gear

wozza wrote: »
    so who would you recommend to buy from in china/HK DS ?

Just ordered from Banggood but if the hype is to be believed they are as bad as Gear

Top One and Hong Kong Goldway from AliExpress are two I've used.

Never had trouble with Banggood but I've never actually had a problem with an item from there so can't give a complaint there. I didn't realise they were as bad as GB.

Geekbuying have always been good to me.

Never used ibuygou but they have been received well by boardsies in the past iirc.

Honorbuy were sound, they've rebranded now and I forget the new url

If you look at the OP, you'll see it was posted by me and has a tonne of stores listed, I've used a lot of them in the past and have recently stopped following the market so I'm not up to date on the new stores people use or phones as much, these are just the ones I remember off hand

• Registered Users Posts: 38,410 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Anybody have any experience of the Bluboo X9? It has a lot of good reviews, it's very cheap and I'm thinking of pulling the trigger and buying it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,011 ✭✭✭eamonnq

eagle eye wrote: »
    Anybody have any experience of the Bluboo X9? It has a lot of good reviews, it's very cheap and I'm thinking of pulling the trigger and buying it.

Be wary of the reviews, end-user reviews are probably worth reading but many of the 'reviews' on phones are supported by the likes of GB etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

Anyone with any experience of smart watches? My young lad is looking for one to go with his OPX he'll be buying it with his own money so nothing too dear but I don't want him buying something real cheap that will be useless and end up in the drawer after 3 days either.

invest4deepvalue.com

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭Danger781

Do-more wrote: »
    ... end up in the drawer after 3 days either.

This is exactly what happened to me and my Sony smart watch.

That said, the one I had was pretty limited in terms of functionality and design:
    http://www.theverge.com/2012/3/19/2876341/sony-smartwatch-review

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Do-more wrote: »
    Anyone with any experience of smart watches? My young lad is looking for one to go with his OPX he'll be buying it with his own money so nothing too dear but I don't want him buying something real cheap that will be useless and end up in the drawer after 3 days either.

If he really wants one I'd say get one of the Pebble watches. I have one and its great for notifications from the phone and fitness tracking. I've used Android wear watches but the Pebble is definitely my favorite. Battery life is usually 5-7 days on a single charge, depending on how many notifications I get.

If you reeeeeeeeeealy want and android wear watch, I have a Moto 360 sports on adverts.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭Wombatman

Any idea how to use the European Union Express shipping option on Hong Kong Goldway?

I'm not sure what you mean, it's really straight forward. Some phones don't give the option though.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,461 ✭✭✭corkie

Wombatman wrote: »
    Any idea how to use the European Union Express shipping option on Hong Kong Goldway?

Goldway has removed the option for "Sellers Shipping Method" which was there method of avoiding VAT. Still available on some products.

Try getting your device from "Top One" with DHL EU express option.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭Wombatman

corkie wrote: »
    Goldway has removed the option for "Sellers Shipping Method" which was there method of avoiding VAT. Still available on some products.

Try getting your device from "Top One" with DHL EU express option.

Thanks.

Top One don't seem to have International Edition of Redmi phones (LTE band 20) but Goldway do :(

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭Kerry_2008

Can. Anyone recommend a budget android phone something like the blackberry classic. I prefer the physical keyboard and used have a blackberry before. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭BobbyPropane

Kerry_2008 wrote: »
    Can. Anyone recommend a budget android phone something like the blackberry classic. I prefer the physical keyboard and used have a blackberry before. Thanks

Honestly from what I've seen there is nothing really out there at the moment. I think your best bet would be a regular smartphone with bluetooth keyboard accessory.

Or you could buy the Blackberry Priv

http://uk.blackberry.com/smartphones/priv-by-blackberry/overview.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Missymoohaa

After reading reviews I've decided not to go with the Lenovo vibe P1 for my daugh terms and I'm looking at the Xiaomi RedmI Note 4 pro

http://www.tinydeal.com/xiaomi-redmi-note-4-pro-3gb-ram-mtk6797-deca-core-android-60-4g-phone-p-162154.html

Anyone got one of these? Would love to hear your thoughts, I'm definitely buying end of this month.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭mightyreds

Anyone any recommendations on a phone that uses a lot of the meteor bands, I have a redmi note 3 pr, and although the phone is great, I just can't use it as when I go out side the bigger towns the data is unusable , so much so I'm back on a galaxy s4

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement