Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chinese Android Phones 2 - Read First Post!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭reni10

What one of these Chinese brands has the best Camera?

I have a Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 and the camera is not that great at all...

Looking for something around the €200 mark that has an excellent camera that maybe rivals something like the iPhone! Does something like this exist yet in this price bracket?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭smilerf

reni10 wrote: »
    What one of these Chinese brands has the best Camera?

I have a Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 and the camera is not that great at all...

Looking for something around the €200 mark that has an excellent camera that maybe rivals something like the iPhone! Does something like this exist yet in this price bracket?
    camera on Huawei mid to high end are great

• Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭j4vier

I got an axon 7 and I can say it is a great phone.

I watched various reviews online and most complains that i heard are really minor things.

I'm coming from a nexus 6 and while the display and speakers are on par, the aluminium body does make it stand out

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭melon_collie

I was looking for some advice on buying a Chinese Android. I currently have a Samsung galaxy s4 and I was considering purchasing a used s6. I don't want to buy new because of cost. However since finding this thread I am considering buying a Chinese phone. I am not technically minded. Could someone recommend to me a good upgrade from the s4??? I use the phone for work and home so somethING with a slightly bigger screen for reading emails would be great.

How do these phones compare to Samsung in terms of quality and reliability??

Thanks in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

I was looking for some advice on buying a Chinese Android. I currently have a Samsung galaxy s4 and I was considering purchasing a used s6. I don't want to buy new because of cost. However since finding this thread I am considering buying a Chinese phone. I am not technically minded. Could someone recommend to me a good upgrade from the s4??? I use the phone for work and home so somethING with a slightly bigger screen for reading emails would be great.

How do these phones compare to Samsung in terms of quality and reliability??

Thanks in advance

The S4 would be quite outdated now are you looking for similar specs to the S6? whats your budget?

• Advertisement

The S4 would be quite outdated now are you looking for similar specs to the S6? whats your budget?

I could go up to about 300 euro. But if I can get anything for around 250 that would be great. I want something that is reliable, doesn't look cheap and has good battery life and processing power. I suppose at the very least I'd be looking to match the s6 specs. Am I asking too much??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭BobbyPropane

OnePlus Three

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

One plus three is your only real option. Everything else you'll be compromising something.

You won't get the same build quality as the S6 for that budget, in my opinion.

RossieMan wrote: »
    One plus three is your only real option. Everything else you'll be compromising something.

You won't get the same build quality as the S6 for that budget, in my opinion.

How much would I need to spend in order to not compromise?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

How much would I need to spend in order to not compromise?

One plus 3 is 400 euro.

Cheaper again if you buy off the UK site and sent to parcel motel or parcel wizard.

• Advertisement

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    One plus 3 is 400 euro.

Cheaper again if you buy off the UK site and sent to parcel motel or parcel wizard.

Thanks to everyone for the advice. Does anyone on here have one of these?? Would you recommend??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭dball

If i go through searching this thread one more time looking for a budget phone that can be shipped from EU for no more than €120 ill loose my nut.

Can anyone recommend something approx €100 - €120 that wont have issues running google maps etc.

THanks if anyone can post a recommendation

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Thanks to everyone for the advice. Does anyone on here have one of these?? Would you recommend??

There's like 2 or 3 threads on this forum about the phone have a read of them. I have one a couple of months and yes I would recommend it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭Euphoriasean

Anyone waiting on the Mi Note 2 launch tomorrow? Depending on price it could be in my christmas stocking this year. Initial reports were around €380 but rumours now are around €540 ex of Vat. Looks a beast though.

http://www.androidheadlines.com/2016/10/curved-mi-note-2-leaks-with-a-single-camera-on-the-back.html

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭CasualLiKE

Anyone waiting on the Mi Note 2 launch tomorrow? Depending on price it could be in my christmas stocking this year. Initial reports were around €380 but rumours now are around €540 ex of Vat. Looks a beast though.

http://www.androidheadlines.com/2016/10/curved-mi-note-2-leaks-with-a-single-camera-on-the-back.html

That looks sick! Any idea if it will be waterproof?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Bahanaman

Just wondering what honor buy are like as a supplier?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

anyone any experience with returning phones for repair to oppo-mart

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭MrDiyFan

Bahanaman wrote: »
    Just wondering what honor buy are like as a supplier?

good i heard, but no buying experience myself

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭Euphoriasean

CasualLiKE wrote: »
    That looks sick! Any idea if it will be waterproof?

Haven't seen anything about waterproof. Really hope it's at the bottom price point.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭SteoL

How are Leagoo phones can anyone say? Do they come loaded with Malware? I had a Landvo which came with 3 non removable viruses so had to scrap, don't want a repeat of this. Was looking at the Leagoo M5 which is going for nothing almost.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,019 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

The new mi concept phone looks unreal and apparently has all global bands

6.4” edgeless display: Ultra-high 91.3% screen-to-body ratio—highest on any smartphone to date
    Full ceramic body: Ceramic back cover, frame, and side buttons, 8 MoHs hardness. Seamless connectors fuse Mi MIX’s body without any external adhesives
    Cantilever piezoelectric ceramic acoustic technology replaces the traditional earpiece speaker, allowing you to listen to calls without the earpiece
    Ultrasonic proximity sensor hidden behind the display, replaces traditional infrared proc sensor
    Custom 17:9 display, large 16:9 viewing area even with soft keys
    Soft keys with auto-hide Quick Ball allow easy navigation and reachability while keeping Mi MIX sleek and minimalist
    Compact front camera, 50% smaller than traditional camera modules, imperceptibly located along Mi MIX’s “chin”
    Custom round-edged display allowed us to create a more immersive, edgeless viewing experience
    Snapdragon 821 at 2.35GHz
    4GB LPDDR4 RAM + 128GB UFS 2.0 storage; 6GB + 256GB (Mi Mix 18k)
    4400mAh battery, Quick Charge 3.0
    Full NFC Functionality: Read, write, card emulation, P2P, Mi Pay ready
    HD audio quality, 192kHz / 24-bit resolution
    GPS high-precision positioning
    16MP PDAF rear camera
    MIUI 8
    Mi MIX 18k with 18-karat gold rims around camera and fingerprint sensor; 6GB + 256GB
    RMB 3499 (4GB + 128GB); RMB XXXX Mi MIX 18k (6GB + 256GB)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Missymoohaa

I went to Topline there and ordered the Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 Pro and with distractions in work I forget to select the DHL method (which guarantees no customs) so with them not being on line, I cancelled the order but am very reluctant to replace it until I see the funds going back into my bank a/c, anyone any idea how long it will take for the money to back to my a/c. I'm absolutely bulling here that I made a mess of it in the first place. I just want to get this phone ordered as quickly as possible. I'll end up paying €251 for it but with no customs, if you've seen it anywhere cheaper please let me know.

https://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/Original-Xiaomi-Redmi-Note-4-MTK-Helio-X-20-Deca-Core-3GB-RAM-64GB-ROM-MobilePhone/342812_32749398839.html?spm=2114.8147860.0.0.LaW6W1

• Registered Users Posts: 11,964 ✭✭✭✭GBX

The new mi concept phone looks unreal and apparently has all global bands

6.4” edgeless display: Ultra-high 91.3% screen-to-body ratio—highest on any smartphone to date
    Full ceramic body: Ceramic back cover, frame, and side buttons, 8 MoHs hardness. Seamless connectors fuse Mi MIX’s body without any external adhesives
    Cantilever piezoelectric ceramic acoustic technology replaces the traditional earpiece speaker, allowing you to listen to calls without the earpiece
    Ultrasonic proximity sensor hidden behind the display, replaces traditional infrared proc sensor
    Custom 17:9 display, large 16:9 viewing area even with soft keys
    Soft keys with auto-hide Quick Ball allow easy navigation and reachability while keeping Mi MIX sleek and minimalist
    Compact front camera, 50% smaller than traditional camera modules, imperceptibly located along Mi MIX’s “chin”
    Custom round-edged display allowed us to create a more immersive, edgeless viewing experience
    Snapdragon 821 at 2.35GHz
    4GB LPDDR4 RAM + 128GB UFS 2.0 storage; 6GB + 256GB (Mi Mix 18k)
    4400mAh battery, Quick Charge 3.0
    Full NFC Functionality: Read, write, card emulation, P2P, Mi Pay ready
    HD audio quality, 192kHz / 24-bit resolution
    GPS high-precision positioning
    16MP PDAF rear camera
    MIUI 8
    Mi MIX 18k with 18-karat gold rims around camera and fingerprint sensor; 6GB + 256GB
    RMB 3499 (4GB + 128GB); RMB XXXX Mi MIX 18k (6GB + 256GB)

Great specs. If the reviews are decent this would be a big competitor to the OP3.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭ionapaul

I went to Topline there and ordered the Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 Pro and with distractions in work I forget to select the DHL method (which guarantees no customs) so with them not being on line, I cancelled the order but am very reluctant to replace it until I see the funds going back into my bank a/c, anyone any idea how long it will take for the money to back to my a/c. I'm absolutely bulling here that I made a mess of it in the first place. I just want to get this phone ordered as quickly as possible. I'll end up paying €251 for it but with no customs, if you've seen it anywhere cheaper please let me know.

https://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/Original-Xiaomi-Redmi-Note-4-MTK-Helio-X-20-Deca-Core-3GB-RAM-64GB-ROM-MobilePhone/342812_32749398839.html?spm=2114.8147860.0.0.LaW6W1
    I ordered the same phone (with tempered glass protector) from Top One a few days ago and including the DHL shipping the total only came to $228 I believe, about €208 on XE. It looks like the page you ordered from is much more expensive for some reason; this is the link I used: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Original-Xiaomi-Redmi-Note-4-MTK-Helio-X-20-Deca-Core-3GB-RAM-64GB-ROM-Mobile/32720790752.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Missymoohaa

ionapaul wrote: »
    I ordered the same phone (with tempered glass protector) from Top One a few days ago and including the DHL shipping the total only came to $228 I believe, about €208 on XE. It looks like the page you ordered from is much more expensive for some reason; this is the link I used: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Original-Xiaomi-Redmi-Note-4-MTK-Helio-X-20-Deca-Core-3GB-RAM-64GB-ROM-Mobile/32720790752.html

Thanks for that Ionapaul, I've cancelled the order, and it's showing as cancelled on my aliexpress a/c so hopefully it won't take too long to get my money back and then I'll use your link.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,011 ✭✭✭eamonnq

SteoL wrote: »
    How are Leagoo phones can anyone say? Do they come loaded with Malware? I had a Landvo which came with 3 non removable viruses so had to scrap, don't want a repeat of this. Was looking at the Leagoo M5 which is going for nothing almost.

Old chip in the M5, something 'like this' might be better.

https://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/Original-OUKITEL-U7-Plus-5-5inch-MTK6737-Quad-Core-Android-6-0-Cell-Phone-2GB-RAM/2348181_32710966460.html?spm=a2g01.8041047.0.0.eKsYT1&sdom=101.342.433.0_32710966460

Probably better options available too, just happened across that one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭j4vier

GBX wrote: »
    Great specs. If the reviews are decent this would be a big competitor to the OP3.

Despite looking good, I do feel that 6.4" would be difficult to manage as a phone

• Registered Users Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

j4vier wrote: »
    Despite looking good, I do feel that 6.4" would be difficult to manage as a phone

In the same footprint as the 5"5 inch iPhone 7 plus is impressive though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭deadanonymau5

The Xiaomi MiMix looks unbelievable!

3500/3999 RMB = €475/€540 :eek:

download.jpg
    mimix-2.jpg
    mimix-1.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭MrDiyFan

If it's too big for one-handed though?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement