Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chinese Android Phones 2 - Read First Post!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭SteoL

eamonnq wrote: »

Cheers, that might explain why the M5 is so cheap.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭deadanonymau5

MrDiyFan wrote: »
    If it's too big for one-handed though?

I wouldnt mind, it would be great for videos!

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭CasualLiKE

The Xiaomi MiMix looks unbelievable!

3500/3999 RMB = €475/€540 :eek:

mimix-1.jpg

Has to be one of the sexiest phones in existence. How do we buy this?

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Ryback

I was going to look for something around the 200 - 250 mark like the Elephone s7 or r9 when they come out but all bets are off if I can get hold of one of those. Will probably cost a fortune initially

CasualLiKE wrote: »
    Has to be one of the sexiest phones in existence. How do we buy this?

Havent a clue. seems to only be available to preorder/reserve in China
    Ryback wrote: »
    I was going to look for something around the 200 - 250 mark like the Elephone s7 or r9 when they come out but all bets are off if I can get hold of one of those. Will probably cost a fortune initially

Nah, Id say getting your hands on one would be the issue

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭wozza

Ryback wrote: »

Easy enough to get hold of, prices range from $139 on Pre-sale and look likely to release around 15th November

http://www.elephone.hk/elephone-s7-5-5inch-fhd-jdi-in-cell-screen-helio-x20-front-fingerprint-4gb-ram-64gb-rom-bezel-less-shiny-back-cover#/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

If any of you have followed this thread the past year, I highly recommend avoiding elephones on pre sale. They are nothing but problems, wait for the second batch.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭StereoSound

Wow that MixMix looks pretty, great entertainment station that.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,935 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Fooking hell that MiMix is insane looking:

https://www.engadget.com/2016/10/25/xiaomi-mi-mix/

Might just sell my OPO and go for it, no US bands confirmed though, no word on Europe, wonder if it will be Asia exclusive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭MrDiyFan

That elephone s7 edge looks interesting :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48 Ryback

wozza wrote: »
    Easy enough to get hold of, prices range from $139 on Pre-sale and look likely to release around 15th November

http://www.elephone.hk/elephone-s7-5-5inch-fhd-jdi-in-cell-screen-helio-x20-front-fingerprint-4gb-ram-64gb-rom-bezel-less-shiny-back-cover#/

Sorry meant there would be an issue getting hold of the Mi Mix. Hopefully in a few months if they've ramped up production it might be easy enough to import them

• Registered Users Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭lafors

Thargor wrote: »

Might just sell my OPO and go for it, no US bands confirmed though, no word on Europe, wonder if it will be Asia exclusive.

There's some videos on YouTube of it in action after the event this morning, none are English but you can see it looks very fast through the menus.

Please let it have the band's for here!

Thargor wrote: »

In that article it says it has a 1080p screen but on the Xiaomi site it says its a 2k screen :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭lafors

In that article it says it has a 1080p screen but on the Xiaomi site it says its a 2k screen :confused:

Most spec sites are saying 1080*2040. It's a 17:9 screen.

I was looking at their official Chinese sitr for info on the SIM cards/band's and they say it uses Full Netcom 3.0?

Here's what I could find on what that is...
    Full Netcom 3.0

As for the Full Netcom 3.0, any slot can be set as the main card, support 4G+ / 4G / 3G / 2G of all of the three operators. When the main slot use 4G network of China Mobile / China Union, the second card can support China Union 3G VOIP at most. The main difference between 3.0 and 2.0 is that second card of Full Netcom 2.0 can only support 2G VOIP yet the Full Netcom 3.0 can support 3G VOIP and could be able to support more operators' networks.

The compatibility of networks becomes better and better and the mobile phones are more and more useful. I believe the Full Netcom 3.0 from Xiaomi will bring us a better communication experience!

Anyone know if this means there'll be international bands?

I also made an appointment, whatever that means, for ordering it on 4th Nov @10am using my Mi account (set to Ireland) whatever that means? I'll let ye know if I get a mail.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

MrDiyFan wrote: »
    If it's too big for one-handed though?

It's the same physical size as an iPhone 7 someone said here, so probably not oversized but still too big for one handed.

I wouldn't like it, it's a nice phone but too big for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭micknail

I recently bought a Lenovo K80 for a not very techy neighbour,
    Even though I have set the language to English,
    there is still random bits of chinese appearing (When someone rings him, on some widgets etc). How are peoples experiences with other chinese manufacturers?
    Should I have expected this issue?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Video on that mi mix phone. https://youtu.be/m7plA1ALkQw

Beautifull phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭BobbyPropane

micknail wrote: »
    I recently bought a Lenovo K80 for a not very techy neighbour,
    Even though I have set the language to English,
    there is still random bits of chinese appearing (When someone rings him, on some widgets etc). How are peoples experiences with other chinese manufacturers?
    Should I have expected this issue?

With Lenovo, yes. Their software is usually quite bloated and aimed 100% at the Chinese market. Most other companies like Xiaomi and and in partivular UMi offer complete English Roms in a stock Android experience.

Apparently the Mi Mix wont be available outside of China according to Xiaomi execs.

To the person questioning whether the 6.4" screen could be used with one hand....

mi-vs-samsung-840x579.jpg

Apparently the Mi Mix wont be available outside of China according to Xiaomi execs.

To the person questioning whether the 6.4" screen could be used with one hand....

You'll get it on the usual sites. Video I posted earlier shows it alongside iPhone 6 plus and new pixel phone not much bigger.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,794 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

[IMG][/IMG]

Wow, that 6.4" one - where have they put the ear speaker if the screen takes up the whole top of the phone?

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    You'll get it on the usual sites. Video I posted earlier shows it alongside iPhone 6 plus and new pixel phone not much bigger.

Im guessing Gearbest and Banggood? Im new to this thread..

It sounds like a phone that will be in short supply going by the way they talk about it (No reason to launch it outside of China, small team/dont have the resources so they cant deal with the legal/certification requirements of different countries * :confused:, Concept phone etc)

xX5B0Q4.jpg

There we go alongside iPhone & Pixel.

Hope image isn't too big.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭eoinpower02

Wow, that 6.4" one - where have they put the ear speaker if the screen takes up the whole top of the phone?

It has some special speaker that makes sound by vibrating the phone instead

It has some special speaker that makes sound by vibrating the phone instead

ah thats cool

I personally would like a bit of a black frame strip though rather than the LCD screen going right to the top of the phone surround even if it was a thin bit

Xiaomi MI Mix

Personally I dont care how beautiful it looks and how ground breaking the phones design is

$520 for 4gb/128gb model and $590 for 6gb/256gb gold rim model, another potential 150+ for the government !

Planned world wide release end Jan 2017

Err No thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

It's a crazy price to be honest.

It cuts out the whole point of Chinese phones. Cheap, cheerful and to the point.

No fancy extras needed.

Who the hell needs 100gb in a phone ffs.

RossieMan wrote: »
    It's a crazy price to be honest.

It cuts out the whole point of Chinese phones. Cheap, cheerful and to the point.

No fancy extras needed.

Who the hell needs 100gb in a phone ffs.

It appears the pricing on my previous post was bovine excrement sorry lads

here is pre order sale price for Mi Mix 18K on Bang good :eek::eek::eek:

http://www.banggood.com/Xiaomi-Mi-MIX-18k-6_4-inch-Edgeless-Display-6GB-RAM-256GB-ROM-Snapdragon-821-Quad-Core-4G-Smartphone-p-1099278.html?rmmds=category

wozza wrote: »
    It appears the pricing on my previous post was bovine excrement sorry lads

here is pre order sale price for Mi Mix 18K on Bang good :eek::eek::eek:

http://www.banggood.com/Xiaomi-Mi-MIX-18k-6_4-inch-Edgeless-Display-6GB-RAM-256GB-ROM-Snapdragon-821-Quad-Core-4G-Smartphone-p-1099278.html?rmmds=category

6GB RAM, very nice! :eek: - and at least its not got MTK Chipset , snapdragons a good processor isnt it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

The whole idea of buying from China is to keep it on the cheaper side :D I don't care if a phone has 50GB RAM, what's it going to achieve? open programs a split hair faster? :/

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement