Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chinese Android Phones 2 - Read First Post!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭poitinstill

anyone else have a eu wharehouse apart from gearbest ? or do the eu express shipments ? looking to get a phone for a present and would like it shipped without tax letters etc

• Registered Users Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

anyone else have a eu wharehouse apart from gearbest ? or do the eu express shipments ? looking to get a phone for a present and would like it shipped without tax letters etc

First page on here.

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭poitinstill

wow thats embarrassing .. thanks...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭deadanonymau5

Kamili wrote: »
    I just pulled the plug on this too. Wish me luck, can't wait to get away from my crappy 640XL

You mean "pull the trigger"? Pull the plug means to cancel :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,209 ✭✭✭irishchris

lafors wrote: »
    But it has band 3 (1800) which they all use too?
    Would that not be good enough?

Band 3 is fine in urban areas but the mobile telcos use band 20 in rural areas as has longer reach. You will find that means no LTE once you leave built-up urban areas but in reality for majority of time h+ is more than sufficient for majority of tasks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

You mean "pull the trigger"? Pull the plug means to cancel :D

I thought same but didn't want to say in case it's some new slang for it I'm not up on :D

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭lapua20grain

Has anybody got the UMI plus? any feedback?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭MrDiyFan

Is there any use for these new fones outside of gaming
    I'll probably upgrade to snapdragon 820 model soon enough but where's the benefit?

MrDiyFan wrote: »
    Is there any use for these new fones outside of gaming
    I'll probably upgrade to snapdragon 820 model soon enough but where's the benefit?

Of course! Multi-tasking pretty much. When you start opening half a dozen or more power hungry app tabs. Some apps take up a lot more resources than games. And then just the general 'snapiness' of a phone, how fluid and smoothly it opens apps to begin with, scrolls through menus, runs HD video streams etc . . . Compare to PCs, think old Pentium processors, they wouldn't stand a chance to today's mutli-core PCs.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭smilerf

Lads mediatek 6753 or snapdragon 615

What's better?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭Danger781

Has anybody got the UMI plus? any feedback?

Mine departed from China on the 17th and there hasn't been an update since :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭abarkie

nkay1985 wrote: »
    Pulled the trigger on a Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 for my wife two nights ago. Went with Top One on AliExpress due to positive experiences from a few friends in the recent past.

Found it so much more difficult to make a decision this time around as opposed to two years ago to make a decision. Would prefer if Xiaomi narrowed their range a little. It's gotten so expansive and it's not very clear where you should be going. Either way, I'll post back here with her feelings once she gets it.

Have you received it yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Danger781 wrote: »

Unless it was the 17 of September I wouldn't be worrying.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,011 ✭✭✭eamonnq

smilerf wrote: »
    Lads mediatek 6753 or snapdragon 615

What's better?

If GPS is a consideration, probably Snapdragon

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭lapua20grain

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    Danger781 wrote: »

Unless it was the 17 of September I wouldn't be worrying.
    Took the leap and ordered it

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭howdoyouknow

Has anyone on here had to replace a screen on a xiaomi device?

If so can they recommend a trustworthy seller with genuine quality parts. I see a few on eBay and different sites but don't want to go through the hassle of dismantling my phone and fitting a new screen only to find out that its poor quality or faulty.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

I've gotten a few from eBay and AliExpress, random sellers I just doing get the cheapest one basically.

What device?

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭howdoyouknow

What device?

Redmi note 3 pro.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

Need a phone before Xmas so one from a seller with eu warehouse please. Budget of up to €200. General use....youtube, musically, games. What can you guys recommend.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭vkid

Need a phone before Xmas so one from a seller with eu warehouse please. Budget of up to €200. General use....youtube, musically, games. What can you guys recommend.

In the same boat myself. There is so many phones.
    Kind of narrowed it down to these

http://www.honorbuy.com/936-xiaomi-redmi-note-4-64gb-gray.html

http://www.honorbuy.com/707-xiaomi-redmi-note-3-pro-32gb-gray.html

Anyone any feedback on Honor Buy or recommend somewhere else for quick delivery?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

Umi plus vs redmi note 4? Which has the better camera?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭SteoL

Still looking at phones on Amazon and have come across some which have "Freeme OS"

Anyone familiar with this? Presume it's a copy of Android but never heard of it. Am wondering if Play store etc will work on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭StereoSound

I got the Redmi Note 4, I highly recommend it! It's fantastic. No band 20 so 4G is patchy but I can get 4G in Dublin quite often with it's other supported 4G bands. Not having 4G is not really an issue for me anyways since H+ is still plenty strong for skype, youtube etc..

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭wozza

just picked up a xiaomi note 3 pro 3/32gb off adverts for 125 dont seem too bad for money

2 niggles so far wifi not the best, loose signal about 30 metres from Huawei 5186 router where iphone 4s was good for about 180 metres, bluboo maya max got about 100 yds

location services show me in frenchpark about 12km out, interesting to see how gps/sat nav works

fairly good camera, battery life good and fast responsive phone 8 out of 10

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Download https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.fastergps&hl=en and that'll sort your gps.

Have a Xiaomi myself and sorts it for me. Still a bit jumpy, but thats the joys of MTK processors.

wozza wrote: »
    just picked up a xiaomi note 3 pro 3/32gb off adverts for 125 dont seem too bad for money

2 niggles so far wifi not the best, loose signal about 30 metres from Huawei 5186 router where iphone 4s was good for about 180 metres, bluboo maya max got about 100 yds

location services show me in frenchpark about 12km out, interesting to see how gps/sat nav works

fairly good camera, battery life good and fast responsive phone 8 out of 10

You got a bargain there, I paid 175 for the same phone the other week. Happy with it though, great phone. Wi-fi on mine has been very solid, hasn't dropped. It only knocks out when I'm halfway down the street after leaving the house. Can't get 4G though, best I'm getting is H+, but I don't run anything major on it when out and about.

Not tried gps on it yet, but agree on the battery, lasts very well. Get a whole day out of a full charge, maybe 1.5, but I tend to charge again when I'm down to about 40%

• Registered Users Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

vkid wrote: »
    In the same boat myself. There is so many phones.
    Kind of narrowed it down to these

http://www.honorbuy.com/936-xiaomi-redmi-note-4-64gb-gray.html

http://www.honorbuy.com/707-xiaomi-redmi-note-3-pro-32gb-gray.html

Anyone any feedback on Honor Buy or recommend somewhere else for quick delivery?

I like the note 3 pro. Seems to have a better spec than the newer note 4 except for the cpu.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Midfield9

I'm between the 3 pro and the 4 also. The 4 is cheaper also. What's the audio like on these phones. My current phone is crap and driving me mad. I miss more calls than I answer because I can't hear it in a noisy work environment. If anyone has any opinions on call ringer volume of either phone?

Am I right in saying HTC m series are loud ringing. Only Vodafone don't do them on contract so I'm prepared to wait and what happens when the m11 is released next year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,897 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

Midfield9 wrote: »
    I'm between the 3 pro and the 4 also. The 4 is cheaper also. What's the audio like on these phones. My current phone is crap and driving me mad. I miss more calls than I answer because I can't hear it in a noisy work environment. If anyone has any opinions on call ringer volume of either phone?

Am I right in saying HTC m series are loud ringing. Only Vodafone don't do them on contract so I'm prepared to wait and what happens when the m11 is released next year.

Really easy answer. Get a Mi Band & never miss a call again.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement