Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chinese Android Phones 2 - Read First Post!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭BannerBoy1

I want to purchase a Oneplus 3 but I see that there are none available on the website at the moment. Why is this? Can anyone recommend another website or would I be better of waiting until after the xmas rush??

Top one and goldway from aliexpress are selling them (and probably more sites but these are very reputable) but are selling them for much more than what the website would sell them for. Just depends whether you really want to get it now and pay more or wait it out and pay for a cheaper price when they become available on the website. Goldway are selling them for 438 euro including shipping and top are selling them for 477 euro including shipping but with goldway you could have to wait 40 days for it. I would assume they would get more in stock before christmas though.

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭melon_collie

BannerBoy1 wrote: »
    Top one and goldway from aliexpress are selling them (and probably more sites but these are very reputable) but are selling them for much more than what the website would sell them for. Just depends whether you really want to get it now and pay more or wait it out and pay for a cheaper price when they become available on the website. Goldway are selling them for 438 euro including shipping and top are selling them for 477 euro including shipping but with goldway you could have to wait 40 days for it. I would assume they would get more in stock before christmas though.

That's pretty pricey. I'm not in a hurry for it so I might just hold off until the oneplus website have em back in stock even if that is after xmas

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

I want to purchase a Oneplus 3 but I see that there are none available on the website at the moment. Why is this? Can anyone recommend another website or would I be better of waiting until after the xmas rush??
    That's pretty pricey. I'm not in a hurry for it so I might just hold off until the oneplus website have em back in stock even if that is after xmas

If you do get a 3, be careful not to order the US variant. You want the global one.

The rumor is the reason the 3T is coming out this week is because there are supply chain issues with the regular 3. As such getting your hands on a 3 may not be easy for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭melon_collie

ED E wrote: »
    If you do get a 3, be careful not to order the US variant. You want the global one.

The rumor is the reason the 3T is coming out this week is because there are supply chain issues with the regular 3. As such getting your hands on a 3 may not be easy for a while.

I'm assuming that the 3T is an upgrade from the 3??

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

I'm assuming that the 3T is an upgrade from the 3??

Sidegrade more than upgrade.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Slight tangent, anyone have any experience with a Mi Band 2 or seen them available for a reasonable price?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

They're brilliant, battery not as good as the 1st gen but still get a solid 2 weeks with a lot of notifications.

Regularly on sale for around 25 on GeekBuying/aliexpress.

Gearbest **** have them at a good price, but I wouldn't buy from them if they are the only store to see them.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

RossieMan wrote: »
    They're brilliant, battery not as good as the 1st gen but still get a solid 2 weeks with a lot of notifications.

Gearbest **** have them at a good price, but I wouldn't buy from them if they are the only store to see them.

Cheers. Its a Christmas present for the old man. He used the original Mi Band for ages until one day the little module dropped out and was never seen again.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,209 ✭✭✭irishchris

RossieMan wrote: »

Mine finally arrived from China yesterday. Very impressed by it. Comfortable to the point you forget you are wearing it. Tracked asleep excellently with time went to bed, time fell asleep and time woke with the deep sleep and light sleep stats. Giving it a charge now as was only 10℅ charged so tomorrow will be first full day of tracking exercise. Only ever had the Sony smart band before this but this is light years ahead of that.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,249 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

While I hate Gearbest more than anyone else here - on their sponsored forum they are doing a giveaway of a Umi Max - they need 15 more replies by tomorrow to activate the draw. Go take a look.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057667769

I still suspect that this won't happen

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭howdoyouknow

fixxxer wrote:
    Slight tangent, anyone have any experience with a Mi Band 2 or seen them available for a reasonable price?

fixxxer wrote:

Brilliant for the money. I got one from aliexpress for €26 took about 20 days tobarrive. I then bought another for my sister in law of eBay. there is a seller shipping from Spain for €28.59 which I used had it delivered in 4 days.

There is a new cubot v2 smartband just released also that is better specced again built in GPS for around the same money. Maybe one to consider.

While I hate Gearbest more than anyone else here - on their sponsored forum they are doing a giveaway of a Umi Max - they need 15 more replies by tomorrow to activate the draw. Go take a look.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057667769

I still suspect that this won't happen

can you keep that ****e out of here?

its only 3 or 4 people posting each day in that thread, it really isn't suitable linking it here.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,138 ✭✭✭dinneenp

Hi,
    Any reason why the LeEco (LeTv) phones aren't more popular or even mentioned in this thread? On paper they seem like great phone- example.

cheers,
    Pa.

They aren't a well known brand.

They have great spec, but aren't around long enough to have a big enough community for problem solving.

There's a few that have them here, hopefully they'll give you an idea of what they are like.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭MrDiyFan

Leeco seems to offer the best processor and camera combinations for the money

I'll definitely be ordering one next

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

dinneenp wrote: »
    Hi,
    Any reason why the LeEco (LeTv) phones aren't more popular or even mentioned in this thread? On paper they seem like great phone- example.

cheers,
    Pa.

There's so many brands a lot will go under the radar, myself and a few others have LeEcos, no major complaints as far as I know, I personally don't like EUI but the phone I have has an AOSP port now, hardware wise the phone is too notch

• Registered Users Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭bazwaldo

Likely going for Le Eco too now. My first android in a few years. Likely the cool1, but also looking at the le tv 2. Trying to spend less then €200 and cool1 is around 150 delivered. International version of Le TV 2 is 203. Also tempted by the UMI Max/Plus. The Max is 160 delivered on gearbest from EU warehouse.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,503 ✭✭✭Sinister Kid

I'm having a small problem with my redmi note 3 since updating it a few days ago. When I am on a call the screen goes blank, I cant hang up or do anything! Any ideas how to sort?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,461 ✭✭✭corkie

I'm having a small problem with my redmi note 3 since updating it a few days ago. When I am on a call the screen goes blank, I cant hang up or do anything! Any ideas how to sort?

Check your proximity sensor is not covered by a screen guard.

Try wiping cache partitions.

Heard of that bug effecting people. What ROM are you using?

Edit: Maybe needs to be re-calibrated.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭Pique

Hi guys,

What's the best option for a Chinese phone with a great camera? The Ulefone Future is rubbish, camera wise (so it's for sale if any wants to PM me. (Sorry if that's not allowed here)).
    I'm comparing to the Sony Z3 which is falling apart on me at them mo but the camera and battery are awesome so would like to stay similar or improve if possible.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,138 ✭✭✭dinneenp

Pique wrote: »
    Hi guys,

What's the best option for a Chinese phone with a great camera? The Ulefone Future is rubbish, camera wise (so it's for sale if any wants to PM me. (Sorry if that's not allowed here)).
    I'm comparing to the Sony Z3 which is falling apart on me at them mo but the camera and battery are awesome so would like to stay similar or improve if possible.

Have a look at Kimovil site. The Leeco (letv) max pro x910 seems to be the top Chinese one.

And here's their list for phones under €360 so eliminating the Apple etc. super-expensive ones.

For me the camera is important, I'll probably go with a LeEco Le Max one. Besides Chinese ones the Moto G4 plus is meant to have a very good one.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Ryback

Hi,

cheers,
    Pa.

I have the Le1s and have found it to be very good, for the money it's excellent. The only big drawback is the camera which is pretty poor. They may have resolved this in the newer phones.

Personally I'd get one of the new ones were it not for the lack of a headphone jack, that's a deal breaker

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭Kilboor

Hi,

cheers,
    Pa.

Chinese apps, so and so battery lifes and less support than other brands.

Their phones still look quality nonetheless, hopefully more people pick them up!

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭danko82

I will definitely go for a leeco for my next phone.
    Right now I am with redmi note 2, big drain battery issue. it is still a not resolved problem.

danko82 wrote: »
    I will definitely go for a leeco for my next phone.
    Right now I am with redmi note 2, big drain battery issue. it is still a not resolved problem.

same as.

no matter what ROM i try, 2 hours is the maximum SOT i get.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭vkid

mcgiggles wrote: »
    ^^ Thank you for confirmation!! Had thought that alright! will read up on that reddit thanks!

Hi mcGiggles

did you get to flash this successfully. Still having issues myself, so looking for some help.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭mcgiggles

vkid wrote:
    Hi mcGiggles

vkid wrote:
    did you get to flash this successfully. Still having issues myself, so looking for some help.

I read up on that reddit and I think it's just a bit too much above my head to chance doing it myself without understanding it fully :-/ I know some techie lads may just ask them can they help me out!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭DANNY2014

What's the battery like on the redmi note 3 pro??? Will it be useable out of box?? Its the global version... It has been shipped now by dhl...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,209 ✭✭✭irishchris

DANNY2014 wrote: »
    What's the battery like on the redmi note 3 pro??? Will it be useable out of box?? Its the global version... It has been shipped now by dhl...

Mine average 6.5-7.5 hours screen on time and only had to be charged every second day with quite heavy use.
    Definitely hassle out of the box. Miui OS is excellent and is a breeze to set up

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭DANNY2014

irishchris wrote: »
    Mine average 6.5-7.5 hours screen on time and only had to be charged every second day with quite heavy use.
    Definitely hassle out of the box. Miui OS is excellent and is a breeze to set up

So will I have to put that on or is it ota?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement