Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chinese Android Phones 2 - Read First Post!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭Timmyr

Can anybody tell me, does the Redmi Note 3 pro support 4g on three network?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,964 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Timmyr wrote: »

Check www.willmyphonework.net it will give you all available bands. I don't think it does, but check anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭Timmyr

GBX wrote: »
    Check www.willmyphonework.net it will give you all available bands. I don't think it does, but check anyway.

Thank You :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,461 ✭✭✭corkie

Have the RN3 Pro and it works on the three network (But only in Big Towns). It has only one of the two 4G bands (Missing Band 20).

You could get the Special Edition Version ("Kate") which has both bands.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭mcgiggles

GBX wrote: »

Just an FYI, I have the redmi note 4 and it says it *may work on some frequencies* and I have picked up 4g from time to time on it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭lapua20grain

Got my Umi plus yesterday have to say quite nice a bit heavier than the S6 I'm using at the mo but the interface is smooth and not preloaded with crap. Happy enough at the mo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭DANNY2014

How long should it take something to leave hong Kong airport? Is the tracking up to date seller shipped my item on the 14 and noting since.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

DANNY2014 wrote: »
    How long should it take something to leave hong Kong airport? Is the tracking up to date seller shipped my item on the 14 and noting since.

11.11 just happened. All bets are off.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭DANNY2014

ED E wrote: »
    11.11 just happened. All bets are off.

Kinda thought that cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,573 ✭✭✭WhiteMemento9

How long generally after launch, looking specifically at the Xiaomi Redmi 4 range is it generally OK to buy one or are they good to go now?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭BannerBoy1

BannerBoy1 wrote: »
    Firstly sorry for all the questions i've been asking but this is my first time ordering a phone from china.

Anyway, I've still have a few more questions before i pull the trigger on the xiaomi mi5.

Now hopefully i haven't got too confused and my questions actually make sense:D. So the person who i'll be buying the phone from (top one) can install a custom rom into my phone. Now i've read that a custom rom can have lots of advantages when done right. (which i presume it would be from a reputable seller) But then that'll mean that i can't get any OTA updates. Will it be worth it if i can't get any OTA updates? For instance will miui 7 - miui 8 even make that much of a noticeable difference?

Also if my phone was updated to miui 8 and then i got a custom rom, i presume the phone will move back down to miui 7 because the device will have been rooted?

Now I think it might be best to root my device and also get a custom rom, but i'm not used to this kind of stuff and i'm not 100% sure what to do.

thanks very much for any feedback:)

(on a side note would anybody be able to recommend a good cover that's comfortable in the hand for the xiaomi mi5, thanks again!)

I really need to stop writing so much for my questions as i know that it's just a pain to read.

Basically i'm not sure what would be best. To root my phone, have a custom rom and miui 7 while not supporting any OTA updates, or don't root the device, have stock rom and miui 8 and possible future updates.

Thanks for any advice

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭wozza

BannerBoy1 wrote: »
    I really need to stop writing so much for my questions as i know that it's just a pain to read.

Basically i'm not sure what would be best. To root my phone, have a custom rom and miui 7 while not supporting any OTA updates, or don't root the device, have stock rom and miui 8 and possible future updates.

Thanks for any advice

Only ever having rooted 1 device (tablet) in the past, purely because I couldnt get access to a google account, I understand why you may need to root a phone, but all services are available on the stock phone, it will notify latest MIUI updates are available to D/L OTA. etc

What advantages do you seek by actually rooting it, and I believe that once its done you also void any warranty.

I don't profess to understand the rooting process apart from doing it once on a Nexus 7 tablet via youtube guide

Warren

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Warranty and China don't go together anyway.

Rooted every phone I've had for the past few years, much more customisation options.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,501 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Hey guys, any recommendations for a phone €50 - €75 for a first phone. I have the Elephone P9000 and Bluboo Maya Max, and the person likes the look of them. Size wise doesn't really matter, just something half decent. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭wozza

antodeco wrote: »
    Hey guys, any recommendations for a phone €50 - €75 for a first phone. I have the Elephone P9000 and Bluboo Maya Max, and the person likes the look of them. Size wise doesn't really matter, just something half decent. Thanks

Ulephone Tiger dont look too bad for money @ €90

• Registered Users Posts: 1,573 ✭✭✭WhiteMemento9

antodeco wrote: »

Newly released Xiaomi Redmi 4A is €90

• Registered Users Posts: 8,138 ✭✭✭dinneenp

Hi,
    If anyone knows of LeEco LE 2 or Max 2 on discount in Black Friday deals/any other sales can you let me know please? Want to order one soon & definitely have it in time for Xmas.

wondering if I can get cheaper than this- Max 2, 4gb, 32gb for €209 on Geekbuying.

And if anyone knows site to get it through an EU option it'd be appreciated.

Cheers,
    Patrick.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 primacalibre

Hey all,

I have previously ordered a UMi Touch through coolicool EU warehouse and got it shipped to me in about a week which was great. However I'm now looking to get the new UMi Diamond (looks a great deal for the price and phone looks cool too) for a family member but being so close to Christmas would prefer not to take the chance of having to get one shipped from China/Hong Kong (coolicool don't have it through their EU warehouse).

So, I was wondering if people can tell me if there's any other websites with a similar EU warehouse option so I can avoid the whole possible customs headache and have it definitely delivered in time for Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭mr.noobie

Can somebody give me a recommendation of the best phone at around the €100 range, 5inch (5.5 is too large) and available from a EU warehouse? not in a particular rush but I don't want to wait for a month from china directly either

mr.noobie wrote: »
    Can somebody give me a recommendation of the best phone at around the €100 range, 5inch (5.5 is too large) and available from a EU warehouse? not in a particular rush but I don't want to wait for a month from china directly either
    As per my post above, look at the UMi Diamond. 3GB of RAM and 5 inch screen for $110, phones a looker too....

Looking to get it through an EU option as well but can't seem to find one atm.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭cavan4sam

Looking for something similar to S5 around 100 and what is similar to iphone 5s

Hey all,

I have previously ordered a UMi Touch through coolicool EU warehouse and got it shipped to me in about a week which was great. However I'm now looking to get the new UMi Diamond (looks a great deal for the price and phone looks cool too) for a family member but being so close to Christmas would prefer not to take the chance of having to get one shipped from China/Hong Kong (coolicool don't have it through their EU warehouse).

So, I was wondering if people can tell me if there's any other websites with a similar EU warehouse option so I can avoid the whole possible customs headache and have it definitely delivered in time for Christmas.

I went through geekbuying.com got mine in about 10 days

• Registered Users Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭bazwaldo

dinneenp wrote: »
    Hi,
    If anyone knows of LeEco LE 2 or Max 2 on discount in Black Friday deals/any other sales can you let me know please? Want to order one soon & definitely have it in time for Xmas.

wondering if I can get cheaper than this- Max 2, 4gb, 32gb for €209 on Geekbuying.

And if anyone knows site to get it through an EU option it'd be appreciated.

Cheers,
    Patrick.

Cheapest I found was HKTR Store on aliexpress. They say use their shipping method and they pay customs. Totals 235.23 inc postage.

https://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/Original-LETV-MAX-2-LE-MAX2-X820-Qudcomm-820-2-15-GHz-CPU-5-7-inch/1806090_32660563313.html

• Registered Users Posts: 2,306 ✭✭✭NATLOR

cinnamony wrote: »
    Does anyone have any recommendations for what headphones work well with the Xiaomi mi5?? the sound output is quite low on my current headphones (cant remember the model but they are from Sony :rolleyes:) and even though they're noise cancelling the sound is so low i can barely hear it over the noise outside

I highly recommend xiaomi pistons, superb sound quality (to my untrained ear) and a steal at the price
    from EU http://www.tinydeal.com/original-xiaomi-dual-driver-stereo-in-ear-earphone-with-mic-iem-p-159728.html

China http://www.gearbest.com/earbud-headphones/pp_345696.html

I went through geekbuying.com got mine in about 10 days
    Thanks for the reply. I had a look there and they only have the Diamond shipping from HK, not EU.

Was it 10 days from EU or from HK/China? What shipping method did you choose?

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭mr.noobie

As per my post above, look at the UMi Diamond. 3GB of RAM and 5 inch screen for $110, phones a looker too....

Looking to get it through an EU option as well but can't seem to find one atm.

Looks good, I can't seem to find it from EU otherwise it would be perfect.

Can anyone tell me about these phones look good spec wise but I'm not familiar with the brands

http://www.gearbest.com/cell-phones/pp_326822.html?wid=3

http://www.gearbest.com/cell-phones/pp_462023.html?wid=3

http://www.gearbest.com/cell-phones/pp_234129.html?wid=3

http://www.gearbest.com/cell-phones/pp_411510.html?wid=3

Also anyone know if any of them come with a LED notification?

Thanks for the reply. I had a look there and they only have the Diamond shipping from HK, not EU.

Was it 10 days from EU or from HK/China? What shipping method did you choose?
    it was 10 days from HK/China and I used EMS, was very surprised how quick it came.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭MrDiyFan

The umi diamond is a little dated performance wise compared to the mi4c for the same money

• Registered Users Posts: 12,699 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Ordered the Redmi 4 Pro for the Mrs as a replacement for her aging IPhone 5, I know it doesn't have an international rom support yet but initial reviews seem promising went with Top One with DHL all in all came to €171 including delivery

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭Danger781

My Umi Plus has finally arrived.. :D

xcQWxkC.png

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement