Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chinese Android Phones 2 - Read First Post!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12 primacalibre

it was 10 days from HK/China and I used EMS, was very surprised how quick it came.
    Thanks.... Might be worth a look so :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 12 primacalibre

MrDiyFan wrote: »
    The umi diamond is a little dated performance wise compared to the mi4c for the same money
    Thanks but the person I'm getting it for won't be fully into the specs of it, I'm liking the Diamond better due to the Android 6.0 and the actual styling of the phone. That's what she will be looking at most anyway!!

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭dercunx

Hi there, I'm looking to buy a phone up to 180 EUR. Can anyone recommend a good phone that I can get delivered from EU (without customs and VAT)?.

I was looking to get the Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 Pro Prime, but it's coming up as out of my price range. If I were to get this from China, does anyone know how much I would be hit with by customs?

Any advice, greatly appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭lapua20grain

Thanks.... Might be worth a look so :-)[/QUOTE
    No bother

• Registered Users Posts: 7,461 ✭✭✭corkie

dercunx wrote: »
    Hi there, I'm looking to buy a phone up to 180 EUR. Can anyone recommend a good phone that I can get delivered from EU (without customs and VAT)?.

I was looking to get the Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 Pro Prime, but it's coming up as out of my price range. If I were to get this from China, does anyone know how much I would be hit with by customs?

Any advice, greatly appreciated.

Order from either of these two aliexpress sellers: -

Top One - With DHL EU express to avoid VAT!

Goldway - Special Edition Version ("Kate") - Use sellers shipping method to avoid VAT

Note: "Kate" model is large in size and has 4G Band 20 support. So be careful what accessories you order for it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭dercunx

corkie wrote: »
    Order from either of these two aliexpress sellers: -

Top One - With DHL EU express to avoid VAT!

Goldway - Special Edition Version ("Kate") - Use sellers shipping method to avoid VAT

Note: "Kate" model is large in size and has 4G Band 20 support. So be careful what accessories you order for it.

Perfect, thanks Corkie!! :):)

Do you know if there are accessories available for this phone, tempered glass and cover??

• Registered Users Posts: 11,964 ✭✭✭✭GBX

dercunx wrote: »
    Perfect, thanks Corkie!! :):)

Do you know if there are accessories available for this phone, tempered glass and cover??

You can add them on the link Corkie provided. You'll see them to the right of screen.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,699 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

So my Redmi 4 Pro seems to have shipped from Top One, and the tracking shipment information received Gatwick UK, now I'm not sure if they have consigned stock in a DHL warehouse in the UK or if its just where the shipment details are processed from, I suppose we shall see how quickly I receive it. I will keep the thread updated. Also as this will come with a charger which will need an adaptor on it, just wondering for USB C devices can I say plug the USB C cable into an existing charger say for an iPhone or would you recommend picking up a specific USB C style charger from say Amazon?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,306 ✭✭✭NATLOR

Has anyone used the Goldway sellers shipping method recently?
    On the drop down menu its saying its not available but it allows you to add it at the checkout.

Also its says estimated delivery time is 25-41 days but further down the page its says using this method will have a time scale of 9-15 days :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭BullBauld

Hi all

I haven't really followed this thread for a long time so I'm not up too speed on what's hot or not!

I'm looking for an upgrade on my Xiaomi 1s that I've had for a few years. Budget would be approx. €200 maybe a touch more.

I'd stick with Xiaomi if at all possible. Had a quick look but there seems to be a lot more options in the range now and I'm unsure what would be best option in my price range.

Any recommendation appreciated.
    Cheers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,249 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

BullBauld wrote: »
    Hi all

I haven't really followed this thread for a long time so I'm not up too speed on what's hot or not!

I'm looking for an upgrade on my Xiaomi 1s that I've had for a few years. Budget would be approx. €200 maybe a touch more.

I'd stick with Xiaomi if at all possible. Had a quick look but there seems to be a lot more options in the range now and I'm unsure what would be best option in my price range.

Any recommendation appreciated.
    Cheers.
    Mi5 is a bit over your budget but well reviewed

• Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭BullBauld

Mi5 is a bit over your budget but well reviewed

Ok thanks.

What would be the next best thing do you know.

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭howdoyouknow

BullBauld wrote:
    What would be the next best thing do you know.

Have a look on kimovil.com to see what you can get to suit your budget and needs. Redmi 3 pro or redmi 3 note pro would be in on budget but there may well be better on offer since they were launched

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭DANNY2014

How long from shipping information received with dhl tracking can you expect to get your item... Phone has not moved since 14/11 and I bought the dhl express shipping... Anyone else any problems with dhl... Bought through aliexpress...

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Ryback

Anyone here used Oppomart, was thinking of pulling the trigger on a Mi Note 2 for €450 including EU delivery. Much cheaper than elsewhere but I'd rather they didn't steal my money

• Registered Users Posts: 4,011 ✭✭✭eamonnq

DANNY2014 wrote: »
    How long from shipping information received with dhl tracking can you expect to get your item... Phone has not moved since 14/11 and I bought the dhl express shipping... Anyone else any problems with dhl... Bought through aliexpress...

Which seller on Aliexpress ?

Some of them ship to UK first and your tracking number may not be come active until it arrives in the UK.

eamonnq wrote: »
    Which seller on Aliexpress ?

Some of them ship to UK first and your tracking number may not be come active until it arrives in the UK.

Xiaomi online store... I asked them why it hasn't left China yet which is what tracking says and they said information upgrades slowly. .

• Registered Users Posts: 4,011 ✭✭✭eamonnq

Xiaomi online store... I asked them why it hasn't left China yet which is what tracking says and they said information upgrades slowly. .

Looks a bit odd to me, would not think they are an 'OFFICIAL' Xiaomi store, plenty of negative (and neutral) feedback and they are only open since May 2016

If they are sending it by DHL from China, you can also expect to pay VAT when it arrives.

Another 'Xiaomi' Store on ali: https://www.aliexpress.com/store/1683105

and another? https://www.aliexpress.com/store/1261525

Will wait and see hope all is OK with it... Don't mind if paying the vat it still works ou as a cheap phone... Only thing was I thought I'd have it quicker..

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Will wait and see hope all is OK with it... Don't mind if paying the vat it still works ou as a cheap phone... Only thing was I thought I'd have it quicker..

Make sure your 60 day protection hasn't run up. If no phone by the last few days start a dispute

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭howdoyouknow

Ryback wrote:
    Anyone here used Oppomart, was thinking of pulling the trigger on a Mi Note 2 for €450 including EU delivery. Much cheaper than elsewhere but I'd rather they didn't steal my money

I used them when ordering my phone because they accept PayPal. All went smooth delivery took about 15 working days

• Registered Users Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭morgana

antodeco wrote: »
    Hey guys, any recommendations for a phone €50 - €75 for a first phone. I have the Elephone P9000 and Bluboo Maya Max, and the person likes the look of them. Size wise doesn't really matter, just something half decent. Thanks
    I bought the HOMTOM H17 PRO for 88 Euro for my partner. It's a lovely phone for the price, fast and perfectly adequate for light use. Came with stock Android 6 and no bloatware, arrived in a week from Germany (and even faster if they hadn't messed up the address (and proof An Post doesn't use Eircodes, lol). Camera is adequate, even has a fingerprint sensor (we haven't tried it) and full 4G support (not tested as we are on Tesco mobile whose 4G support has been coming soon for the last 2 years). Battery life with very light use is 2 to 3 days. Dual SIM (micro) plus extra SD card slot.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,993 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

I used them when ordering my phone because they accept PayPal. All went smooth delivery took about 15 working days

I've used them too and delivery was pretty fast . Only thing is that if you are sending phone back for repairs , you have to send it to China. Sent mine back via registered post and it took at least 15 days to get there. They have had the phone since last Friday but are not bringing it to Service Center until tomorrow. And said it will take a week for repair. Ideally look for a place that has a European Repair Center

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Is there such a thing with a Chinese phone? I dont think so.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Ryback

I think Elephone have european repair centres but I guess that may be akin to having a local Fiat garage.

That may be unfair as I've heard they've been improving with each new phone

• Registered Users Posts: 8,993 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

IBuygou have their repair centre in Czech Republic

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭delta214

Hey guys, not sure if ROM talk is ok here but...
    I got a mi5 for my gf for xmas and I'm wondering which ROM is beter: MIUI 7 or 8, China or Global, or CM13?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

ROM talk is fine, not sure why it wouldn't be.

MIUI 8 Global or CM13, preferably CM for me

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭eoinpower02

delta214 wrote:
    Hey guys, not sure if ROM talk is ok here but... I got a mi5 for my gf for xmas and I'm wondering which ROM is beter: MIUI 7 or 8, China or Global, or CM13?

I'm running an aosp rom on mine and it works great, very lightweight and smooth.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 925 ✭✭✭RHJ

This post has been deleted.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement