Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chinese Android Phones 2 - Read First Post!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,964 ✭✭✭✭GBX

RHJ wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

Check on www.mi.com/en and www.kimovil.com/en to compare models.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭jobless

so i need to buy a phone as soon as possible and have narrowed it down to the Xiaomi Redmi Pro or Xiaomi Redmi Note 4.... which one is better?...

I have decent 4g where i am so need that to work... i have no ideas about what bands a phone needs to have for that?

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭melon_collie

My sister is looking for a cheap android phone for her daughter. She's 12. Can anyone recommend a Chinese phone in the €70 - €90 bracket? Where would she purchase and would she get delivery before Christmas?

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭micknail

jobless wrote: »
    so i need to buy a phone as soon as possible and have narrowed it down to the Xiaomi Redmi Pro or Xiaomi Redmi Note 4.... which one is better?...

I have decent 4g where i am so need that to work... i have no ideas about what bands a phone needs to have for that?

This one is on the way to me, got it for 149 with case and screen protector on 11/11.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭jobless

micknail wrote: »
    This one is on the way to me, got it for 149 with case and screen protector on 11/11.

looks nice , so 4g no problem?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭micknail

jobless wrote: »
    looks nice , so 4g no problem?

It specifically has all the EU bands for 4g.
    It's coming in the next 2 weeks if you want me to confirm in my hands,
    but I assume you want to order now for Christmas?

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭yellowbear

Anyone here buy a Mi Pad 2. Are they any good? They look nice but some reviews say the ram is badly managed.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,461 ✭✭✭corkie

DANNY2014 wrote: »
    Xiaomi online store... I asked them why it hasn't left China yet which is what tracking says and they said information upgrades slowly. .
    micknail wrote: »
    It specifically has all the EU bands for 4g.
    It's coming in the next 2 weeks if you want me to confirm in my hands,
    but I assume you want to order now for Christmas?

I would believe that shipping time, when you can confirm it has arrived!

You do know that there is no such thing as an official xiaomi store on aliexpress, even though a few stores may make you think that.

Re-read Danny2014 posts.

EDIT: - Would not be surprised if you both get caught for VAT!

Edit 2: - In case anyone is looking for them: -

For Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 Pro prime Special Edition Cover PU Leather Case for Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 pro International Version 152mm

For-Xiaomi-Redmi-Note-3-Pro-prime-Special-Edition-Cover-PU-Leather-Case-for-Xiaomi-Redmi.jpg_640x640.jpg

Official Global Version For Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 SE 9H 0.26mm 2.5D Screen Tempered Glass For Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 Special Edition

Official-Global-Version-For-Xiaomi-Redmi-Note-3-SE-9H-0-26mm-2-5D-Screen-Tempered.jpg_640x640.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭DANNY2014

corkie wrote: »
    For-Xiaomi-Redmi-Note-3-Pro-prime-Special-Edition-Cover-PU-Leather-Case-for-Xiaomi-Redmi.jpg_640x640.jpg

Official-Global-Version-For-Xiaomi-Redmi-Note-3-SE-9H-0-26mm-2-5D-Screen-Tempered.jpg_640x640.jpg

Got my confirmation off dhl today about delivery on the 28th... I contacted seller yesterday and then this so a bit happier... Don't mind the custom charges as it will still work out a decent enough phone at a good price customs included... Do those covers fit better on the global as Ive got a cover coming with mine but I don't have any expectation of it fitting...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

I'm looking setting for something for dad and the honor 5c stands out a little as a nice phone that should do him for awhile.

What also stood out, and gets a mention here, is the Xiaomi mi5. Might be tempted by it myself next year assuming it supports all our bands?

One thing I noticed with the honor 5c is the lack of finger print sensor on Eu versions, how risky and difficult would it be to get a Chinese version and flash a global room with English and finger print scanner support?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,665 ✭✭✭54and56

jozi wrote: »
    One thing I noticed with the honor 5c is the lack of finger print sensor on Eu versions, how risky and difficult would it be to get a Chinese version and flash a global room with English and finger print scanner support?

Not sure this will help you but I got a Umi Plus a few weeks ago and it has a global ROM (pretty much stock Android 6) and a brilliant fingerprint scanner.

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭lapua20grain

jozi wrote: »

Not sure this will help you but I got a Umi Plus a few weeks ago and it has a global ROM (pretty much stock Android 6) and a brilliant fingerprint scanner.
    Same here great bit of kit

• Registered Users Posts: 7,249 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

I've just started using MIUI 8 - it works great but one issue is how it manages notifications. For many regular apps such as WhatsApp, FB Messenger and Newton email I regularly have to open the app and refresh to get a notification. Anyway around this (bar rooting and installing a new ROM)?

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭howdoyouknow

I've just started using MIUI 8 - it works great but one issue is how it manages notifications. For many regular apps such as WhatsApp, FB Messenger and Newton email I regularly have to open the app and refresh to get a notification. Anyway around this (bar rooting and installing a new ROM)?

Disable battery optimisation for the apps mentioned

• Registered Users Posts: 7,249 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Disable battery optimisation for the apps mentioned
    Thanks will give that a go, it has a huge 4850mah battery so should't be any issue!

Phone here this morning 47 euro for customs plus administration fees.. All In all still cheap... Admin fees is a bit ridiculous in fairness...

• Registered Users Posts: 12 darmul

Hi Danny. How long altogether were you waiting for delivery?
    Where did you buy from?
    Was there a formula or breakdown for the specific charge for that delivery?
    Thanks in advance

It's meant to be the 152mm model that I'm getting. Have to wait and see what comes. It's coming from the Xiaomi Online Store on aliexpress. It'll be a huge upgrade from my doogee x5 pro.
    Phone here this morning 47 euro for customs plus administration fees.. All In all still cheap... Admin fees is a bit ridiculous in fairness...
    darmul wrote: »
    Hi Danny. How long altogether were you waiting for delivery?
    Where did you buy from?
    Was there a formula or breakdown for the specific charge for that delivery?
    Thanks in advance

If you checked prior posts, you would have got the answer to where he bought from. He ordered on 11th, so it took approx 2 weeks for delivery.

Danny did it come with an official rom?

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭heathersonline

Did the cover you got fit OK? I ordered same phone same day as you using standard delivery but no movement on the tracking yet. Looks like a great bit of kit if it ever arrives!

Danny did it come with an official rom?
    Haven't got to see or check it out yet!!! won't get to play around with it until home Thursday evening...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭BannerBoy1

Was gonna let the seller install custom rom, but he doesn't specify which custom rom it is (top one aliexpress). I contacted him asking which one he installs but he hasn't replied and it's been a few days. But the phone is coming close to being out of stock so would like to pull the trigger tomorrow probably, so just wondering will different custom roms even make a difference? Is it best just to leave it and let him install the custom rom without knowing which one it is instead of stock rom? (and the chance of future OTA updates), thanks!

BannerBoy1 wrote: »
    Was gonna let the seller install custom rom, but he doesn't specify which custom rom it is (top one aliexpress). I contacted him asking which one he installs but he hasn't replied and it's been a few days. But the phone is coming close to being out of stock so would like to pull the trigger tomorrow probably, so just wondering will different custom roms even make a difference? Is it best just to leave it and let him install the custom rom without knowing which one it is instead of stock rom? (and the chance of future OTA updates), thanks!

As far as I'm aware "Top One" install official roms. (Not Vendor). At least the RN3 Pro I order from them came with an official global rom.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭BannerBoy1

As far as I'm aware "Top One" install official roms. (Not Vendor). At least the RN3 Pro I order from them came with an official global rom.

Thanks for the reply.

I think i have a choice though because at the top of the page it says 'global rom' and says that it can support OTA update but when I scrolled down he says that he can do a 'quality control' and flash a Rom and when i scrolled down again to the specs it says miui 7 - custom rom. So i'm just undecided as to whether to go with a custom Rom not knowing which custom Rom it is or stick with the global stock rom.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Only custom Roms worth having are by guys like you and me.

Can't see the seller installing one of those, I'd go stock and install your own later

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭baingal nancer

Anybody use this site before?

http://www.mishop.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 11,964 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Anybody use this site before?

http://www.mishop.ie/

According to google, website is only 3 days old. Although they look to be on adverts a few months:

http://www.adverts.ie/shops/xiaomi-shop/computers/124

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Missymoohaa

GBX wrote: »
    According to google, website is only 3 days old. Although they look to be on adverts a few months:

http://www.adverts.ie/shops/xiaomi-shop/computers/124

Well if someone uses it let us know how you got on. I'd definitely buy a phone from it and have it delivered next day or so. I priced the Xiaomi Redmi 4 16gb on line in Honorbuying e.g. and it was €122 on special, its €159 on this site with no customs, no shipping charges and quick delivery. I may treat myself after Christmas if I've any money left :D

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Irish store but no phone number? Crappy images/site design. Id steer clear.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,011 ✭✭✭eamonnq

ED E wrote: »
    Irish store but no phone number? Crappy images/site design. Id steer clear.

http://www.adverts.ie/search/user-1683146

presence on adverts.ie , bit of feedback and seems to have the stock in Ireland ready to ship.

Wonder do they offer a warranty ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭deadanonymau5

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement