Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chinese Android Phones 2 - Read First Post!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Any LeEco users latched to 4G+(LTEA) with Three? Gave mine the best opportunity possible but from diagnostics the eNode was having none of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Hi.

I'm looking at a Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 for 229 on Adverts.

The seller tells me it's running an International ROM. What does that mean exactly?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Sure Thing

Just received a 4gb\32 Leeco Max 2 in grey from Geekbuying for €228.55 by NL post (3 weeks from ordering)
    Excellent value for money...and for the benchmarkers 145k Antutu..wow
    Play store preloaded, small amount only of bloatware. Google Now Launcher working great.
    Highly recommended.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭vkid

gerrybbadd wrote:
    The seller tells me it's running an International ROM. What does that mean exactly?

In my case, I bought from ebay. It meant a vendor rom with play store on it. Global rom was very different.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,142 ✭✭✭ronano

Sure Thing wrote: »
    Just received a 4gb\32 Leeco Max 2 in grey from Geekbuying for €228.55 by NL post (3 weeks from ordering)
    Excellent value for money...and for the benchmarkers 145k Antutu..wow
    Play store preloaded, small amount only of bloatware. Google Now Launcher working great.
    Highly recommended.

how do you find the battery life?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,137 ✭✭✭dinneenp

dinneenp wrote: »
    Hi again,

Last, last question before I buy- anyone used http://www.alegrecompra.com ?

They have the LeEco Max 2 6GB & 64GB for €250, shipped from China. The same from Geekbuying is €322 from China.

Thanks again,
    Pa.

Hi again,

Could anyone comment on this please?
    From http://www.scamadviser.com it looks trustable....

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Sure Thing

ronano wrote: »

Hard to say at this early time as it's getting heavily tried out. Doesn't seem any worse than the Moto X Style I have moved on from, charges up fast, but then I always am by power point. Only down point us fingerprint scanner not working..which I see is common problem on X822 but does not concern me as rest of package excellent

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

ronano wrote: »

Very good.

Quick charging is awesome. Im used to VOOC which is good, this is better.

Anyone using the Xiaomi Redmi Note 4? I have one waiting at home for me now! (bought off mishop.ie, through Adverts - had it in a day, with free delivery!)

I've heard that the task manager is quite aggressive and won't allow apps to run in the background. Any tips on this? I believe this feature can be knocked off

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    Anyone using the Xiaomi Redmi Note 4? I have one waiting at home for me now! (bought off mishop.ie, through Adverts - had it in a day, with free delivery!)

I've heard that the task manager is quite aggressive and won't allow apps to run in the background. Any tips on this? I believe this feature can be knocked off

Go into the settings and turn off battery optimization for anything you need running. Also you can swipe up on apps in the app switcher and it puts a padlock on them which prevents them being closed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Kamili

theres a thread here on them too

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=101830234

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭Del007

Lads, is there much difference between the 2 and 3 gig versions?

http://www.honorbuy.com/833-redmi-3s-16gb-smartphone.html

It's for the sister, cheers lads

• Registered Users Posts: 12 darmul

A friend of my brother living in China coming home for Christmas, I've floated the idea of him bringing a phone home for me, seems happy enough to. Is a phone (thinking Xiaomi Mi 5s) bought "over the counter" there going to provide me with many headaches to get it up and running here? He's not overly techie, was saying any android he brought home before wouldn't run Google play. Are they just exactly what you'd get from a Chinese online seller?

darmul wrote: »
    A friend of my brother living in China coming home for Christmas, I've floated the idea of him bringing a phone home for me, seems happy enough to. Is a phone (thinking Xiaomi Mi 5s) bought "over the counter" there going to provide me with many headaches to get it up and running here? He's not overly techie, was saying any android he brought home before wouldn't run Google play. Are they just exactly what you'd get from a Chinese online seller?

Dunno if it's much good to you, but I got a Redmi Note 4 off the mishop.ie seller on adverts.

Phone is perfect, free postage in Ireland, and I had it the next day after ordering

He has a Mi5 for 289

http://touch.adverts.ie/other-mobiles/xiaomi-mi5-32gb-3gb-ram-fingerprint-scanner-irish-stock/11150728

I see also that he has increased the asking price of the Redmi Note 4 to 400 squids. The chancer! I got it for 289 off him (assuming it's a him)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,306 ✭✭✭NATLOR

Dunno if it's much good to you, but I got a Redmi Note 4 off the mishop.ie seller on adverts.

Phone is perfect, free postage in Ireland, and I had it the next day after ordering

He has a Mi5 for 289

http://touch.adverts.ie/other-mobiles/xiaomi-mi5-32gb-3gb-ram-fingerprint-scanner-irish-stock/11150728

I see also that he has increased the asking price of the Redmi Note 4 to 400 squids. The chancer! I got it for 289 off him (assuming it's a him)

On his website for €229!

http://www.mishop.ie/product/xiaomi-redmi-note-4/

Very tempted,what rom was installed?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭Pique

I have an unused Ulefone Future 32GB looking for a new owner if anyone is interested. PM me.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

Where is a good place to compare phones? Thinking of treating myself to a new phone to replace my oneplus x, something around the 5" screen size. The honor 8 and Xiaomi mi5 both look interesting if a little larger than I prefer

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Ryback

Go to Kimovil.com, you can run conparisons there

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭Jasper79

Hi,

I looking for advise, just received a Redmi note 3 but having 2 issues.

1) Camera won't work, when try to open the app just says can't connect to camera.

2) When I try open the play store, says cannot connect to google services.

I bought the international version from geekbuying.. hoping there's an easy fix ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭ifeelstupid

Friend of mine got a work colleague to bring one back. Not a techie either and ended up leaving it with local repair shop for a couple of days for them to unlock it and install global ROM, Google Playstore etc. as phone was set up for Chinese use. Made very little savings on the initial purchase and it ended up costing a bit more by the time they had it set up for local use.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,964 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Friend of mine got a work colleague to bring one back. Not a techie either and ended up leaving it with local repair shop for a couple of days for them to unlock it and install global ROM, Google Playstore etc. as phone was set up for Chinese use. Made very little savings on the initial purchase and it ended up costing a bit more by the time they had it set up for local use.

Get you mate to ask in the shop to get it done before hand - shouldn't be an issue as id say they get plenty of phones going out of country. If not just order yourself for peace of mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭mcgiggles

NATLOR wrote: »

He has a Mi5 for 289

On his website for €229!

I got mine for 156 on geekbuying! saying that, I've heard here that that website hasn't a great reputation, but I had no issues with them.. anyhoo you'll get it cheaper than 229! :)

Just to add to the above mine came with a vendor rom on it, I got it unlocked and put an original rom onto it - when I found the right links to follow it was sound and I'm not techie at all- if I can do it anyone can :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,964 ✭✭✭✭GBX

mcgiggles wrote: »
    I got mine for 156 on geekbuying! saying that, I've heard here that that website hasn't a great reputation, but I had no issues with them.. anyhoo you'll get it cheaper than 229! :)

That site only went live a few weeks ago. Its linked to an adverts site - tasty pricing! Definitely a case of shopping around.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Ryback

From my understanding all Xiaomi phones come with English as an option even on the Chinese only models. If it's the stock ROM it should be easy to side load the Google services, there's a ton of step by step videos. It can be done in 5 minutes. But if you're looking for peace of mind you might be better off ordering from someone like Top One who will add the Global ROM for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,011 ✭✭✭eamonnq

mcgiggles wrote: »

I thought the prices weren't that bad, 156 on geekbuying ( if you add 23% vat and the usual handling charge you are up around the 200-210 mark ?).

NATLOR wrote: »
    On his website for €229!

Sorry for the delay, it's a global ROM. Google Apps and all installed. Very little bloatware

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭smilerf

So my Ulefone Power won't turn on today. It charges for a while but then when I try to turn it on I get the red battery depleted. Bugger

• Advertisement

eamonnq wrote:
    I thought the prices weren't that bad, 156 on geekbuying ( if you add 23% vat and the usual handling charge you are up around the 200-210 mark ?).

Just checked my statement - €154.72 was the sum total I paid, shipped and all

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement