Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chinese Android Phones 2 - Read First Post!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

Should I download stable or weekly for the redmi 4 pro? It going to be a daily phone for my girlfriend and want the least amount of hassle possible. Currently using it myself with a dev rom, I think

• Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭thehamo

Looking for a good camera, decent battery life and 4gLTE. what would you reccomend? im not very tech savvy so I wouldnt be routing phones, changing operating systems etc

ta

• Registered Users Posts: 4,245 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

The Elephone S7 is a beaut of a phone.....shame its a Elephone.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭thehamo

i would snap it up in a heart beat if it wasnt an elephone!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,011 ✭✭✭eamonnq

My P9000 is going strong, are there particular issues with the S7 ?

Hmmmmmmmmmm......... https://forum.xda-developers.com/elephone-s7/help/dont-buy-crap-s7-phone-t3535357

https://forum.xda-developers.com/elephone-s7/help

Maybe not!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,697 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Páid wrote: »
    Did you get it from here? Sound was fixed a week ago.

https://xiaomi.eu/community/threads/7-1-19-20.37825/

no from here still loads of issues with it and other apps hope they rev it soon.

http://en.miui.com/thread-471064-1-1.html

• Registered Users Posts: 12,697 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

jozi wrote: »
    Should I download stable or weekly for the redmi 4 pro? It going to be a daily phone for my girlfriend and want the least amount of hassle possible. Currently using it myself with a dev rom, I think

stick with that if its working ok, the good news is there is an official global rom, the bad news is that the first version is buggy keep an eye on this thread
    http://en.miui.com/thread-471064-1-1.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭abarkie

There are instructions in the thread for each rom. You need to register for the site as you need to reply to the thread to view download links

I flashed it using the instructions here:

http://xiaomitips.com/guide/how-to-root-locked-redmi-note-3-snapdragon/

Got rid of the bloatware / malware walkfree that was showing up

Just waiting for my dual sim extender to come so i have 2 sims & SD card then can ditch the Jiayu S3

• Registered Users Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭horse7

abarkie wrote: »
    I flashed it using the instructions here:

http://xiaomitips.com/guide/how-to-root-locked-redmi-note-3-snapdragon/

Got rid of the bloatware / malware walkfree that was showing up

Just waiting for my dual sim extender to come so i have 2 sims & SD card then can ditch the Jiayu S3

Correct me if I am wrong but I read somewhere not to use the extenders on the xaiomi.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭abarkie

I was thinking of one for a Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 Pro

Used to having 2 sims and SD card and that seems to be a dying spec on these phones

Someone on XDA says the €19.90 works fine in Redmi Note 3 Pro

https://forum.xda-developers.com/redmi-note-3/accessories/safe-method-to-increase-volume-dual-sim-t3469519/page5

I am getting the cheap chinese one first before i try the €19.90 one

Thought it might help someone looking for the same spec as me (Dual Sim & Micro SD)

This was my original post
    horse7 wrote: »
    Correct me if I am wrong but I read somewhere not to use the extenders on the xaiomi.

On that link it seems at least 2 people have used different ones and seem to be working fine

Fingers crossed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

I've managed to unbrick my Redmi Note 4 which meant I had to format it and wiped the IMEI which wouldn't allow me to access MIU to unlock the bootlader. I had to reload the IMEI manually, not easy let me tell you. Then unlocked the bootloader, reloaded Global rom from CN dev Rom and found that my battery is running at Zero Volts.

Battery Status: Charging (USB)(or AC) same result
    Battery Level: 0
    Battery Scale: 100
    Battery Health: Good
    Battery Voltage: 0 mV
    Battery Temperature: 37.0c
    Battery Technology: Li-poly
    Time since Boot: 31:00(not that it matters)

Interval of Info Record[1-100] 10 is in the changeable box

Battery Info Record: Start

No longer has a warranty because of a disappearing seller on Aliexpress so sounds like a battery replacement would be a way to go. Any suggestions on where to get a battery for a Note 4? Seems to be a BN41 that is needed. Can't seem to find one in stock online.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭horse7

This was my original post

On that link it seems at least 2 people have used different ones and seem to be working fine

Fingers crossed

Sorry this one :LeTV Max2 Snapddragon 820 2.15GHz LPDDR4 6GB RAM 64GB ROM

PLEASE NOTE: Dear freinds,before placing an order, please double check the network whether it is avilable for you to use. Here is the related link, which may be useful to you : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_LTE_networks

Notice:
    1.Do not use the NANO + card sets, hand cut card and other non-standard card, otherwise it will lead to damage of booth,card's unrecognize,and irremovability
    2.Do not insert and pull out the card in the state of power-on

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Need to order another Mi Max, any one seen any deals about?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭alanhiggyno1

Hi guys need help here ordered from xaomi shop on AliExpress and they said it shipped on the 9th but everyday I check dhl it says it's in Hong Kong without any updates from dhl or little to no contact from seller.im led to believe that they phiscally didn't hand it over to dhl themselves.where do I go from here should I open a dispute.also Chinese new yr is tomorrow so closed for nearly 2 weeks.thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭peaceboi

Can someone here kindly recommend a phone that has dual SIM & expandable memory slot, in which 2 SIM cards can be used simultaneously with the memory card inserted? Coming from lenovo k3 note. Budget 200e Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭DANNY2014

Hi guys need help here ordered from xaomi shop on AliExpress and they said it shipped on the 9th but everyday I check dhl it says it's in Hong Kong without any updates from dhl or little to no contact from seller.im led to believe that they phiscally didn't hand it over to dhl themselves.where do I go from here should I open a dispute.also Chinese new yr is tomorrow so closed for nearly 2 weeks.thanks

If it was shipped on the 9th that's only 10 working days including today... Dhl tracking is very slow to update imho... patience is key here... How many working days did it state it would take...

DANNY2014 wrote: »
    If it was shipped on the 9th that's only 10 working days including today... Dhl tracking is very slow to update imho... patience is key here... How many working days did it state it would take...

7-15 days.im just worried it's stuck in Hong Kong customs

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭johnytwentyten

7-15 days.im just worried it's stuck in Hong Kong customs

When I ordered my redmi note last year there was no updates on tracking for a few days, then showed up as being in Germany, nothing again, then in England etc,
    It's frustrating not knowing what's going on but I wouldn't panic yet

When I ordered my redmi note last year there was no updates on tracking for a few days, then showed up as being in Germany, nothing again, then in England etc,
    It's frustrating not knowing what's going on but I wouldn't panic yet

ya it was sent on the 9th and not even 1 update on dhl tracking yet after 14 days

• Registered Users Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭wiz569

DHL are fairly fast in my experience with updates,I would reckon it hasnt been picked up yet,if you have a DHL tracking number it might be worth ringing them and asking.

• Advertisement

wiz569 wrote: »
    DHL are fairly fast in my experience with updates,I would reckon it hasnt been picked up yet,if you have a DHL tracking number it might be worth ringing them and asking.

i have the tracking number which says its in hong kong since the 9th.surely that cant be right?thought it might be in the uk or somewhere by now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭wiz569

i have the tracking number which says its in hong kong since the 9th.surely that cant be right?thought it might be in the uk or somewhere by now

I had one leave Singapore on saturday morning using DHL and its being delivered today,tracking updated all the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,964 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Its possible its delayed at the depot but seems a bit too long. If you open a dispute it might put a fire under their ass and figure out whats going on for you.

GBX wrote: »
    Its possible its delayed at the depot but seems a bit too long. If you open a dispute it might put a fire under their ass and figure out whats going on for you.

i might just do that.on to dhl via twitter to see what they can do

i might just do that.on to dhl via twitter to see what they can do

dhl dont know so have opened a dispute against them.they have 4 days to reply now so lets see what happens.this would put me off buying from these sites again or maybe im just unlucky with this seller who has 98.2% positive feedback

I wonder have they arranged the courier but waiting on the phone before they can send it?

When I bought my mi5 I got a message a few days later that it was out of stock, it still showed on their site, and had to wait a few days for them to get new stock.

jozi wrote: »
    I wonder have they arranged the courier but waiting on the phone before they can send it?

When I bought my mi5 I got a message a few days later that it was out of stock, it still showed on their site, and had to wait a few days for them to get new stock.

Maybe but I had zero contact as to why it's not sent.maybe dispute might move things along.tbh thought I wud have it this week but that's life

• Registered Users Posts: 4,245 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

Get them to check the parcel number sometimes they give a incorrect one that never updates.

I feel your pain having gone through it in the past and right now I'm waiting on some cases and screen protectors ordered on the 8. I think some of what I ordered might have been sent, I'm not sure what the alixpress taking notes mean

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 46 Rhaegal

Here's how my order went from xaomi shop on aliexpress:

Ordered on the 07/12/16

Shipped on the 10/12/16

1. 1/4/2017
    2. 10:23 AM
      Delivered - Signed for by Me
      SHANNON, IRELAND, REPUBLIC OF
    3. 8:25 AM
      With delivery courier

4. 1/3/2017
    5. 6:51 AM
      Shipment on hold

6. 12/30/2016
    7. 6:32 AM
      Shipment on hold

8. 12/28/2016
    9. 2:12 PM
      Recipient refused delivery
    10. 8:45 AM
      With delivery courier
    11. 6:13 AM
      Clearance processing complete at SHANNON - IRELAND, REPUBLIC OF
    12. 5:35 AM
      Arrived at Sort Facility SHANNON - IRELAND, REPUBLIC OF
    13. 5:09 AM
      Arrived at Delivery Facility in SHANNON - IRELAND, REPUBLIC OF

14. 12/27/2016
    15. 5:30 AM
      Customs status updated
    16. 5:15 AM
      Departed Facility in EAST MIDLANDS - UNITED KINGDOM
      EAST MIDLANDS, UNITED KINGDOM

17. 12/26/2016
    18. 6:40 AM
      Shipment on hold

19. 12/24/2016
    20. 11:09 PM
      Shipment on hold
    21. 4:46 AM
      Processed at EAST MIDLANDS - UNITED KINGDOM
    22. 4:23 AM
      Arrived at Sort Facility EAST MIDLANDS - UNITED KINGDOM
    23. 3:32 AM
      Departed Facility in LEIPZIG - GERMANY
      LEIPZIG, GERMANY

24. 12/23/2016
    25. 10:42 PM
      Processed at LEIPZIG - GERMANY
      LEIPZIG, GERMANY
    26. 5:47 AM
      Departed Facility in HONG KONG - HONG KONG
      HONG KONG, HONG KONG
    27. 5:12 AM
      Processed at HONG KONG - HONG KONG
      HONG KONG, HONG KONG
    28. 12:00 AM
      Arrived at Sort Facility HONG KONG - HONG KONG
      HONG KONG, HONG KONG

29. 12/22/2016
    30. 8:19 PM
      Shipment picked up
      HONG KONG, HONG KONG
    Used one-stop tracking to track order so this is copy and pasted from there. Refused delivery cause of Irish custom charges for €32. Contacted seller who covered the cost.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement