Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chinese Android Phones 2 - Read First Post!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭alanhiggyno1

Get them to check the parcel number sometimes they give a incorrect one that never updates.
    i would but they wont message me back.ive only 2 replys since the transaction

Rhaegal wrote: »
    Here's how my order went from xaomi shop on aliexpress:

Ordered on the 07/12/16

Shipped on the 10/12/16

1. 1/4/2017
    2. 10:23 AM
      Delivered - Signed for by Me
      SHANNON, IRELAND, REPUBLIC OF
    3. 8:25 AM
      With delivery courier

4. 1/3/2017
    5. 6:51 AM
      Shipment on hold

6. 12/30/2016
    7. 6:32 AM
      Shipment on hold

8. 12/28/2016
    9. 2:12 PM
      Recipient refused delivery
    10. 8:45 AM
      With delivery courier
    11. 6:13 AM
      Clearance processing complete at SHANNON - IRELAND, REPUBLIC OF
    12. 5:35 AM
      Arrived at Sort Facility SHANNON - IRELAND, REPUBLIC OF
    13. 5:09 AM
      Arrived at Delivery Facility in SHANNON - IRELAND, REPUBLIC OF

14. 12/27/2016
    15. 5:30 AM
      Customs status updated
    16. 5:15 AM
      Departed Facility in EAST MIDLANDS - UNITED KINGDOM
      EAST MIDLANDS, UNITED KINGDOM

17. 12/26/2016
    18. 6:40 AM
      Shipment on hold

19. 12/24/2016
    20. 11:09 PM
      Shipment on hold
    21. 4:46 AM
      Processed at EAST MIDLANDS - UNITED KINGDOM
    22. 4:23 AM
      Arrived at Sort Facility EAST MIDLANDS - UNITED KINGDOM
    23. 3:32 AM
      Departed Facility in LEIPZIG - GERMANY
      LEIPZIG, GERMANY

24. 12/23/2016
    25. 10:42 PM
      Processed at LEIPZIG - GERMANY
      LEIPZIG, GERMANY
    26. 5:47 AM
      Departed Facility in HONG KONG - HONG KONG
      HONG KONG, HONG KONG
    27. 5:12 AM
      Processed at HONG KONG - HONG KONG
      HONG KONG, HONG KONG
    28. 12:00 AM
      Arrived at Sort Facility HONG KONG - HONG KONG
      HONG KONG, HONG KONG

29. 12/22/2016
    30. 8:19 PM
      Shipment picked up
      HONG KONG, HONG KONG
    Used one-stop tracking to track order so this is copy and pasted from there. Refused delivery cause of Irish custom charges for €32. Contacted seller who covered the cost.

sadly mine is just at no29 on that and nothing since

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 46 Rhaegal

I waited 12 days before my shipment was picked up and ive heard it could take a lot longer. Just make sure you ask the seller to extend the protection time. Aliexpress doesnt release the funds to the seller until you've got product or the protection time runs out so make make sure you open a dispute before that time runs out.

I waited 12 days before my shipment was picked up and ive heard it could take a lot longer. Just make sure you ask the seller to extend the protection time. Aliexpress doesnt release the funds to the seller until you've got product or the protection time runs out so make make sure you open a dispute before that time runs out.

i have just opened a dispute there hr ago

jozi wrote: »
    I wonder have they arranged the courier but waiting on the phone before they can send it?

When I bought my mi5 I got a message a few days later that it was out of stock, it still showed on their site, and had to wait a few days for them to get new stock.

Just recieved this email from dhl.guess they couldn't be arsed to hand it over

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭wiz569

Just recieved this email from dhl.guess they couldn't be arsed to hand it over

Its not their fault m8,that says they dont actually have the phone,its still with the seller.

wiz569 wrote: »
    Its not their fault m8,that says they dont actually have the phone,its still with the seller.

I know that as of now it's still in Hong Kong.just have to wait and see what happens now I suppose

I know that as of now it's still in Hong Kong.just have to wait and see what happens now I suppose

Update after opening a dispute earlier the phone all of a sudden has started to move after 14 days and is in sorting facility Hong Kong now.amazing lol

How did u get them to cover the customs charge just incase I get caught.how long do customs hold item for if u refuse it

• Registered Users Posts: 7,458 ✭✭✭corkie

How did u get them to cover the customs charge just incase I get caught.how long do customs hold item for if u refuse it

Hope your not expecting a reply from yourself?

As "xiaomi online store" you order from doesn't have a VAT free shipping option, you are reliable for any VAT due.

Note: That store is not a legitimate xiaomi store, even though the name might suggest that. Xiaomi DO NOT have an official store on aliexpress.

• Advertisement

corkie wrote: »
    Hope your not expecting a reply from yourself?

As "xiaomi online store" you order from doesn't have a VAT free shipping option, you are reliable for any VAT due.

Note: That store is not a legitimate xiaomi store, even though the name might suggest that. Xiaomi DO NOT have an official store on aliexpress.

Ya sent to myself lol.ah I'll sort it when it arrives.how do u know if these stores are legit or not

• Registered Users Posts: 7,458 ✭✭✭corkie

Ya sent to myself lol.ah I'll sort it when it arrives.how do u know if these stores are legit or not

Research on reddit of other peoples experience of the store.

Also that store used to be called "Xiaomi Authorized Store" before they change their name.

Xiaomi would have posted about if they had official stores outside of china. The store gets good feedback anyway, so hopefully you won't have any more problems with the order!

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭LeChienMefiant

Any recommendations on covers or screen protectors for Mi5?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,520 ✭✭✭learn_more

I am looking at a refurb LG flagship phone on alliexpress. I think the phone is a lot better than any of the xiaomi offerings at the same prince point. Especially for the camera. Anyway, anyone have good/bad experience of doing similar? I won't order for a while as their free postal services are on holiday for a week due to Chinese new year !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Psygnosis

learn_more wrote: »
    I am looking at a refurb LG flagship phone on alliexpress. I think the phone is a lot better than any of the xiaomi offerings at the same prince point. Especially for the camera. Anyway, anyone have good/bad experience of doing similar? I won't order for a while as their free postal services are on holiday for a week due to Chinese new year !

If its an lg g4 make sure thats it's serial ends at 510 anything before that suffered with a boot loop issue. My own lg g4 was a refurb but from the uk 1 year exactly and it bootlooped I managed to fix it by turning 2 of the big cores off. But it will have to stay on lollipop for the rest of the time. Its still a great phone camera is fantastic. I gave it to the missus and got a le max 2 which is a great phone once you put a debloated rom on it. Camera seems really good also. I think its poor in low light but havent tested it in low light yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Psygnosis wrote: »
    If its an lg g4 make sure thats it's serial ends at 510 anything before that suffered with a boot loop issue. My own lg g4 was a refurb but from the uk 1 year exactly and it bootlooped I managed to fix it by turning 2 of the big cores off. But it will have to stay on lollipop for the rest of the time. Its still a great phone camera is fantastic. I gave it to the missus and got a le max 2 which is a great phone once you put a debloated rom on it. Camera seems really good also. I think its poor in low light but havent tested it in low light yet.

The Max2 has its niggles, le could do with improving the image processing config as the sensor used is great. Also the flicker detection doesnt work and no 1080p60.

What ROM have you dropped on yours? I've left mine on CN 21S for now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Psygnosis

Steve Mars revolution 20s I think. I find it a lovely phone to use even though it's pink 😀

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Force gold all the way (Only one with 6/64 at the time).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,520 ✭✭✭learn_more

Psygnosis wrote: »

Actually it's a LG v10, for €233. Unfortunately I know all about the LG G4 issues !
    Even later models than 510 are affected I've heard.

Anyway I think I'll chance my arm with it, it's a great phone and I just love the camera. 4Gb/64GB too.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 46 Rhaegal

The store i bought it from had free tariff which covered me. I simply told the delivery driver i have to contact seller and sort out custom charges, then rang dhl customer service and explained situation but they gave no time frame. As you can see from my delivery report they held it for a week anyway and i simply contacted seller, opened a dispute and they refunded the charges back into my bank acc within 5 working days. I waited till i got the money, rang dhl and they delivered phone next day.

If it says free tariff thats custom charges but not delivery charges. Of course it took Irish customs to fkn charge me :mad: delivery driver said i was unlucky as they most parcels get through without charge.

• Advertisement

The store i bought it from had free tariff which covered me. I simply told the delivery driver i have to contact seller and sort out custom charges, then rang dhl customer service and explained situation but they gave no time frame. As you can see from my delivery report they held it for a week anyway and i simply contacted seller, opened a dispute and they refunded the charges back into my bank acc within 5 working days. I waited till i got the money, rang dhl and they delivered phone next day.

If it says free tariff thats custom charges but not delivery charges. Of course it took Irish customs to fkn charge me :mad: delivery driver said i was unlucky as they most parcels get through without charge.
    Phone has passed through customs in Shannon so let's see if I get charged later on when it arrives

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Ordering with dhl direct to Ireland is almost guaranteed charges.

They do it on behalf of customs.

Buy from an EU warehouse, or with EU direct shipping options.

Having trouble with Antelife regarding customs insurance, I paid £25 for it and they only want to refund €30 instead of the €47 I paid,so beware of them in that regard.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,248 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

wiz569 wrote: »
    Having trouble with Antelife regarding customs insurance, I paid £25 for it and they only want to refund €30 instead of the €47 I paid,so beware of them in that regard.
    Pricks, will avoid them

Pricks, will avoid them

They now want me to prove that it said customs refund as it just shows up as additional fees on the invoice (I presume for obvious reasons),
    but that the customs insurance option doesnt show up in your cart until you actually click through to pay,so therefore I dont have screen print to show them :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Replacement Redmi Note 4 Battery is on the way so decided to open the back of the phone(seeing as Tools arrived today) after watching a teardown youtube video.

Found the real IMEI inside the phone which is handy because I had flashed on a broken phones IMEI to get it working(couldn't unlock bootloader without an IMEI and person who broke phone threw away the box so couldn't flash correct rom).

Warning to others be careful with batteries that are supposed to be non removable(as the back isn't supposed to be opened by us). Trying to pry the battery off the phone(stuck down with glue strips) and I got a hiss and a puff of smoke as the Xiamoi batteries bend quite easily and are quite soft. :O

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Couldn't find any deals so just ordered the Mi Max from Honorbuy. Order placed with European warehouse Monday 1130am, arrived today at 1300. Appears to have a proper rom on it as their was on OTA as soon as I logged on.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭Alpha8

Hey all,
    Looking for a small 4-4.5 inch Phone under 100-80, I'm using meteor.
    Any great Chinese Phones that fit my needs?

Thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭thehamo

learn_more wrote: »
    Actually it's a LG v10, for €233. Unfortunately I know all about the LG G4 issues !
    Even later models than 510 are affected I've heard.

Anyway I think I'll chance my arm with it, it's a great phone and I just love the camera. 4Gb/64GB too.

I'm looking at this my self. Would you trust a refurb?? Also, what band/version do you go for when buying? H901?

Cheers

• Advertisement

ok got the note 3 pro snapdragon with the latest miui 8 but android is only on 5.1.1. even with updates.do xiaomi update android or do i need to root and put custom on it thanks.rather not go do that route if its too hard to do

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement