Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chinese Android Phones 2 - Read First Post!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭Glen_Quagmire

Check kimovil.com

That just confuses me more ;) Once I start looking at that I'm like a kid in a candy shop and my budget changes from 150 to 200 to 300 to 400 then I get frustrated and end up getting nothing.

I'm sure I'm not alone either

• Registered Users Posts: 4,244 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

That just confuses me more ;) Once I start looking at that I'm like a kid in a candy shop and my budget changes from 150 to 200 to 300 to 400 then I get frustrated and end up getting nothing.

I'm sure I'm not alone either

Nope I've the Bluboo Maya in mind as my next one thanks to Kimovil.

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭danko82

English is probably not his first language, I reckon he's asking if they are reliable to buy from.

you right. sorry I meant if Will I pay the custom if i buy from that website. it looks to be in spain

danko82 wrote: »
    you right. sorry I meant if Will I pay the custom if i buy from that website. it looks to be in spain

Oh ok Rossieman was right, if they are from Spain then no customs will be paid.

Nope I've the Bluboo Maya in mind as my next one thanks to Kimovil.

How many phones have you got/bought?

• Advertisement

How many phones have you got/bought?

I've lost count :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

Anyone have the Xiaomi Mi5 or have any opinions on it? Thinking of upgrading to it from the Mi4c

I've lost count

😂 what's your favourite place to buy from? I'm guessing you've tried a few different places..

😂 what's your favourite place to buy from? I'm guessing you've tried a few different places..

Chinavasion.com but they don't have a huge selection of phone but send them out within 24 hours, or Etotalk.com.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Kavrocks

Colemania wrote: »
    Anyone have the Xiaomi Mi5 or have any opinions on it? Thinking of upgrading to it from the Mi4c
    I do and unless there is something wrong with your Mi4c I don't see why you would upgrade.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

Kavrocks wrote: »
    I do and unless there is something wrong with your Mi4c I don't see why you would upgrade.

Well my Mi4c is experiencing serious battery drain and the only way I can get notifications is by having all of those apps on autostart, which in turn drains the battery. It could all be due to the ROM but I've had 2 different ones on now and they've both done the same

Head melting stuff this is, I just cannot decide which one to get.

So many options and so many places to buy. Nearly pulled the trigger on the PPTV King 7 but I'm unsure again

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Kavrocks

Colemania wrote: »
    Well my Mi4c is experiencing serious battery drain and the only way I can get notifications is by having all of those apps on autostart, which in turn drains the battery. It could all be due to the ROM but I've had 2 different ones on now and they've both done the same
    It's the same with any MIUI ROM. If you want notifications you need to give the app autostart permissions (on stock Android every app has this permission without it being granted by you). I'd be looking at what is draining your battery before upgrading, BetterBatteryStats (requires a rooted device) is a handy add on.

The Mi5 is a very nice device and I'm extremely happy with it but I don't see any major benefits spec wise over the Mi4c. If you're battery is knackered then that's a different story. If there's any specific questions you have about it I'll do my best to answer them.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 PJOH

Just bought the Ulephone Gemini on presale.112 euro, for that price I thought I'd give it a go. Bought my current phone, Cubot X15, 12 months ago and has given me no problems. Paid 135euro and have been offered 70euro if I factory reset it. So, for the sake of 40 quid let's see what happens. Will let you know my thought's when I get it.

PJOH wrote:
    Just bought the Ulephone Gemini on presale.112 euro, for that price I thought I'd give it a go. Bought my current phone, Cubot X15, 12 months ago and has given me no problems. Paid 135euro and have been offered 70euro if I factory reset it. So, for the sake of 40 quid let's see what happens. Will let you know my thought's when I get it.

Where did you buy it from? Is it China or EU warehouse?

Head melting stuff this is, I just cannot decide which one to get.

So many options and so many places to buy. Nearly pulled the trigger on the PPTV King 7 but I'm unsure again

Theres one on adverts :pac::D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭X6.430macman

Will a phone coming from a warehouse in China be ok to work here, just wondering as in planning on getting the umi plus

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭Kilboor

Will a phone coming from a warehouse in China be ok to work here, just wondering as in planning on getting the umi plus

Yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 PJOH

Where did you buy it from? Is it China or EU warehouse?

I bought it from dealsmachine.com
    Shipping from China. Shipping date I think is the 24th Feb, 7-15 day delivery. This is my 6th or 7th from China. I'm not in any panic for it to arrive but will stickbit on boards when I get it. First time to buy from dealsmachine , hopefully everything runs to plan.

Theres one on adverts

You didn't like it no? ;)

• Advertisement

PJOH wrote:
    I bought it from dealsmachine.com Shipping from China. Shipping date I think is the 24th Feb, 7-15 day delivery. This is my 6th or 7th from China. I'm not in any panic for it to arrive but will stickbit on boards when I get it. First time to buy from dealsmachine , hopefully everything runs to plan.

From your experience what is the average delivery time from China?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

Just received my Ulefone Metal. Ordered on 2nd February from gearbest EU Warehouse. So 14 days to be delivered. Total cost including delivery was €115.

First impressions are good. Feels and looks quite premium. I'll caveat that by saying all I've done so far is turn it on and flick through it. Will put my sim card in soon and give it a proper review when I've had it a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭Fox Hound

Looking to buy a chinese Tablet, Don't want to spend too much, Could the op recommend one for me as I feel you know your Sh1t :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Fox Hound wrote: »
    Looking to buy a chinese Tablet, Don't want to spend too much, Could the op recommend one for me as I feel you know your Sh1t :-)

Check www.gizchina.com They have a lot of tablet reviews.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,011 ✭✭✭eamonnq

fixxxer wrote: »
    Check www.gizchina.com They have a lot of tablet reviews.

I think I must be gone too cynical, hate reading reviews of anything when they have an affiliate link to purchase the item at the bottom of the review.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,964 ✭✭✭✭GBX

@Glen_Quagmire have a look at some of the feedback about deals machine. Some people had nightmares with them:

http://www.boards.ie/search/submit/?thread=2057438440&query=dealsmachine+

GBX wrote:
    @Glen_Quagmire have a look at some of the feedback about deals machine. Some people had nightmares with them:

Thanks for the heads up mate

You didn't like it no? ;)

It was a strange buy....bought the Galaxy note 3 and that at the same time as they were both phones I wanted but as you can imagine the note 3 was better.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Fox Hound wrote: »

The OP hasn't a bloody clue, gizchia as has been said is probably the best site to look at.

I'd check XDA when you get a shortlist made up and look at device specific forums to see what problems and issues people are talking about

• Advertisement

If I order from tinydeal.com and use DHL worldwide express delivery from China, will I get hit for custom charges or what's the best method of delivery?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement