Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chinese Android Phones 2 - Read First Post!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭glic83

Anyone here using the Redmi note 4 global edition with the Snapdragon 625 processor and band 20?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 571 ✭✭✭pcuser

I recently bought the Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 Pro,

This Version

Does anyone know which is the newest VR headset from Xaiomi for this and if it will work with this phone? All the sites seem to be saying its suitable for Xiaomi Mi5/Xiaomi Mi5S/Xiaomi Mi5S Plus/Xiaomi Note 2

Glic83 I have a different version to yours

pcuser wrote: »
    I recently bought the Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 Pro,

This Version

Does anyone know which is the newest VR headset from Xaiomi for this and if it will work with this phone? All the sites seem to be saying its suitable for Xiaomi Mi5/Xiaomi Mi5S/Xiaomi Mi5S Plus/Xiaomi Note 2

Glic83 I have a different version to yours

Yeah that's a different version, I haven't​ bought it but was looking at the version I mentioned as it has the band 20 and snapdragon 625,it will have better battery life than the note 3 pro but the trade off is the processor isn't as fast

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

glic83 wrote: »
    Anyone here using the Redmi note 4 global edition with the Snapdragon 625 processor and band 20?

Is that the Deca Core model?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,137 ✭✭✭dinneenp

Hi,
    Looking for a mobile for my wife- about €150 max (can go slightly higher)
    Use- calls, viber, texting & light browsing.Size- 5", up to 5.7 max, ideally slightly smaller due to hand size.
    Would the Redmi Note 3/4 be the best?
    Lastly what site would be best to buy from, international version I presume?
    Thanks,
    Pa.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 4,244 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

dinneenp wrote: »
    Hi,
    Looking for a mobile for my wife- about €150 max (can go slightly higher)
    Use- calls, viber, texting & light browsing.Size- 5", up to 5.7 max, ideally slightly smaller due to hand size.
    Would the Redmi Note 3/4 be the best?
    Lastly what site would be best to buy from, international version I presume?
    Thanks,
    Pa.

Cant go wrong with the Notes :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,209 ✭✭✭irishchris

stuchyg wrote: »
    Funnily enough I ordered the exact same phone from them last night and got an email this morning to say it had been shipped. 2 - 5 business days is their stated delivery time

Don't suppose yours showed up yet? No sign of mine as somehow dhl sent it to Dublin yesterday then after I rang them they said it was mistake and sent it to Shannon depot for delivery supposedly tomorrow instead. But now that I checked tracking some numpty has sent it back to Dublin depot again

• Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭stuchyg

irishchris wrote: »
    Don't suppose yours showed up yet? No sign of mine as somehow dhl sent it to Dublin yesterday then after I rang them they said it was mistake and sent it to Shannon depot for delivery supposedly tomorrow instead. But now that I checked tracking some numpty has sent it back to Dublin depot again

I missed my delivery today as was out with my family, the lad said he would be out again tomorrow with it so should have it around lunchtime.

stuchyg wrote: »
    I missed my delivery today as was out with my family, the lad said he would be out again tomorrow with it so should have it around lunchtime.

nice one, let me know how you get on with it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭lafors

Anyone know how long i should be expecting delivery from banggood to take to UK (parcel motel). Last update says "2017-03-14 17:58 Asendia Hong Kong, The consignment has left the origin border point" and nothing since then.

Is this normal for banggood delivery?

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

lafors wrote: »
    Asendia

Get out the rosaries.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

From China it can take between a week and over 2 months as I've experienced recently with a phone cover :mad:

ED E wrote: »
    Get out the rosaries.

Why? Bad experiences here?

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

lafors wrote: »
    Why? Bad experiences here?

About as good as toddler with a shotgun.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,964 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Obviously not just related to Chinese phones. Use the search on Boards and you will see many examples of how slow they are.

ED E wrote: »
    About as good as toddler with a shotgun.

Oh no :eek: :(
    I checked their site and they have a little bit more detail in the it's being shipped from Singapore.

They say you can't enquire on a package unless it's status has not been updated in over 14 days :(

• Registered Users Posts: 11,964 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Some people have had great results with shipping using Parcel Motel - but bear in mind, they may refuse if Vat/Duty fees are to be paid on an item coming in. If you get notification before it gets to Parcel Motel to pay - get it done ASAP and you might get lucky.

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭Hayezer

Would the price of an Mi5 come down whenever the Mi6 is released? And whats the consensus on Mi5 vs Mi5S? Read that while Mi5S is slightly better performer and camera etc the support is terrible outside of China and Europeans are better off getting the Mi5....?

Hi again,

What's the thoughts on the Redmi Pro compared to the Note 4?

And best from above compared to the Mi5 or Mi5s.
    I like the idea of a 5.5 inch screen compared to a 5.15 inch screen but is the Mi5/Mi5s a much better phone.

Up until last night I was set on a LeEco Le Max2 or Pro3 until someone posted this in another thread-
    LeEco are showing signs that they're headed for bankruptcy. Totally over expanded (everyone saw that). Probably wouldn't buy one now as when they die the already small ROM scene will die with them.
    Xiaomi have a really long heritage

Thanks,
    Pa.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,442 ✭✭✭Harika

Hayezer wrote: »
    Would the price of an Mi5 come down whenever the Mi6 is released? And whats the consensus on Mi5 vs Mi5S? Read that while Mi5S is slightly better performer and camera etc the support is terrible outside of China and Europeans are better off getting the Mi5....?

I think the price is already quite down, but yes you can expect that the older models will go down further, if not already sold out. And I wouldn't have read anywhere that Xiaomi would treat the support for the MI5 or MI5s differently.

LeEco are showing signs that they're headed for bankruptcy. Totally over expanded (everyone saw that). Probably wouldn't buy one now as when they die the already small ROM scene will die with them.
    Xiaomi have a really long heritage

Thanks,
    Pa.

They won't head for bankruptcy, they have cash flow issues, so they pay the price for overextending, imo they will shrink back, but won't go bankrupt. For the ROM scene, as long as the phone is interesting, there will be a community that builds new ROMs.

• Registered Users Posts: 964 ✭✭✭mistress_gi

horse7 wrote: »
    I have the DIY job. I followed this:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zz_sLdIzJfM

I used a permanent marker to highlight the cut corner of the sim card so I knew how to mount it on the SD card. I also had to sand the sd card a little (well, more like scrape with a sharp knife) so it would fit in the slot.
    I did this three time, the first time it worked really well, the second time I broke the sim card so I had to get a new one, but I learned my lesson, the third time it is working perfectly!

If it seems too good to be true it probably is-
    Xiaomi mi 5s Plus Dual Sim 64GB 4G for €285

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Bahanaman

If it seems too good to be true it probably is-
    Xiaomi mi 5s Plus Dual Sim 64GB 4G for €285

Are all the phones on this site shipped from within the EU, thus eliminating extra customs payment? If so there seems to be very good value all round. Has anyone dealt with them before?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Bahanaman wrote: »
    Are all the phones on this site shipped from within the EU, thus eliminating extra customs payment? If so there seems to be very good value all round. Has anyone dealt with them before?

I've used them twice before. One good experience one horrible. They ship from Hong Kong as far as I remember so you may get customs charges.

Bahanaman wrote: »

There is a whole thread here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057154505

Edit: What I just read
    *REMINDER: Please be reminded that this Chinese version mobile phone does not comes with Google Play and comes with pre-installed Chinese apps and you might choose to disable those apps and any update of the ROM will void the warranty that provided by us.

So you have to fiddle around yourself. If you are happy with that, nothing wrong, else the pages on the first page here offer also with preinstalled global roms.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Banggood are generally alright. Ascenia are generally the worst you could possibly get, they are bloody useless.

• Advertisement

RossieMan wrote: »
    Banggood are generally alright. Ascenia are generally the worst you could possibly get, they are bloody useless.

I would agree but dhl have been just as bad and giving me a woeful time with their "express" service. sent from Italy last Wednesday. Got from Italy to Germany to UK to Dublin in 36 hours. 4 days in ireland and no sign of it. Went from Dublin to shannon to Dublin to Shannon to Dublin ( I kid you not!) Now on hold even though I rang them Monday and they verified address and phone number and guaranteed me delivery today (which never came)

Now guaranteed delivery for tomorrow but on tracking it says on hold, even though nobody can explain why it keeps getting shipped around the country

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement