Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chinese Android Phones 2 - Read First Post!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,248 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Just see that the Xiaomi Mi Max isn't classified as a phone for the purposes of the new ban on devices in hand luggage!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,011 ✭✭✭eamonnq

Just see that the Xiaomi Mi Max isn't classified as a phone for the purposes of the new ban on devices in hand luggage!

If you are flying to the UK/US from certain countries.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭givyjoe

eamonnq wrote: »
    If you are flying to the UK/US from certain countries.

Eh, what is this all about?!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,011 ✭✭✭eamonnq

givyjoe wrote: »
    Eh, what is this all about?!

Not to go off topic, but there is a thread here all about it: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057720357

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Pyrrhic

Customs charge of €46 for the Zuk Z2 that I ordered.

I just can't believe in 2017 I'm not able to pay by card or online and I have to hand the Post man the cash at the door. The exact amount as they don't carry change, hmm a black bag full of coppers I think :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭bluesfan

Ordered a Redmi Note 4 from honorbuy on Saturday morning and it arrived at the house Tuesday morning, didn't expect it to be that quick.
    Very happy with the phone, looks a lot more expensive than it was and everything runs quickly and smoothly on it. Been using it all day and the battery is still at nearly 80%

• Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭k123456

bluesfan wrote: »
    Ordered a Redmi Note 4 from honorbuy on Saturday morning and it arrived at the house Tuesday morning, didn't expect it to be that quick.
    Very happy with the phone, looks a lot more expensive than it was and everything runs quickly and smoothly on it. Been using it all day and the battery is still at nearly 80%

Can I ask how much please,and did you have to pay vat and duty
    What screen size
    What version of miui
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 8,137 ✭✭✭dinneenp

Could people list some of the reputable sites to order from & aqs are they quick-witted delivery please?
    Geekbuying
    Honorbuy
    Etc

Cheers,
    Pa

• Registered Users Posts: 4 jamesax

i had a few, from meizu to oneplus. for me the camera is the biggest letdown. i have a lg now,the camera is amazing,and its dual sim.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭X6.430macman

bluesfan wrote:
    Ordered a Redmi Note 4 from honorbuy on Saturday morning and it arrived at the house Tuesday morning, didn't expect it to be that quick. Very happy with the phone, looks a lot more expensive than it was and everything runs quickly and smoothly on it. Been using it all day and the battery is still at nearly 80%

What is the camera like on this phone?? Spec and price look good so could be in the line-up for my next device

• Advertisement

k123456 wrote: »
    Can I ask how much please,and did you have to pay vat and duty
    What screen size
    What version of miui
    Thanks

The phone was E182 ,I bought a screen protector and a case with it so with postage it all came to E225. It came from their European warehouse so there was no VAT or Duty to pay.

Screen is 5.5 and it came with miui 8.1 but updated today to 8.2

What is the camera like on this phone?? Spec and price look good so could be in the line-up for my next device

So far I haven't been impressed by the camera, it's not bad but nothing special. Having said that, I haven't used it that much. I'm going to the match Friday night so I'll give it a proper test then. Everything else about the phone is great so I can put up with a so-so camera.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 479 ✭✭mikeoneilly

I've got a redmi note 2

Can i put in a 2nd sim and use it for mobile data only?

Im transitioning to Vodafone but still have a lot of Tesco credit to use up on calls and texts.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭givyjoe

Anyone buy from http://www.xiaomidevice.com before? Did a quick search on boards and found no mention so far.

Seem to accept payment by paypal, 21 dollars shipping with DHL and 297 dollars for an MI5.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 justahuman

Can you buy the Lenovo p2 in Ireland? I see three U.K. Sell it for 200 pounds but when I try to buy using addresspal postcode it doesn't let me.

Is there anywhere you can buy it for around the converted rate online (c.250 Euro) ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

justahuman wrote: »
    Can you buy the Lenovo p2 in Ireland? I see three U.K. Sell it for 200 pounds but when I try to buy using addresspal postcode it doesn't let me.

Is there anywhere you can buy it for around the converted rate online (c.250 Euro) ?

300 euro here - http://www.komplett.ie/lenovo-p2-32-gb-dual-sim-grijs/20807163/details.aspx?channel_code=1199&s2m_product_id=20807163&utm_source=adwords-shopping&gclid=CjwKEAjw5M3GBRCTvpK4osqj4X4SJAABRJNCN2kk_5nRkatQGDYYf5sL5Digs3d0FAaDXS6zr1WViRoCln3w_wcB

• Registered Users Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭lafors

ED E wrote: »
    Get out the rosaries.
    jozi wrote: »
    From China it can take between a week and over 2 months as I've experienced recently with a phone cover :mad:
    ED E wrote: »
    About as good as toddler with a shotgun.
    GBX wrote: »
    Obviously not just related to Chinese phones. Use the search on Boards and you will see many examples of how slow they are.
    GBX wrote: »
    Some people have had great results with shipping using Parcel Motel - but bear in mind, they may refuse if Vat/Duty fees are to be paid on an item coming in. If you get notification before it gets to Parcel Motel to pay - get it done ASAP and you might get lucky.

Well the rosary beads worked or the toddler is a shooting champion :pac: it got to the UK i believe, updated status...
    2017-03-23 23:12 GBLALA, Arrival at border point in the destination country

So if i have to pay VAT/Duty how will they notify me?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,442 ✭✭✭Harika

lafors wrote: »

So if i have to pay VAT/Duty how will they notify me?

You will get a letter or email where they might ask you for the receipt and then a payment request. You pay and then they release the item to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,306 ✭✭✭NATLOR

Harika wrote: »
    You will get a letter or email where they might ask you for the receipt and then a payment request. You pay and then they release the item to you.

That's only the case if its delivered to Ireland.

The OP used Parcel Motel if its caught for customs they will refuse it

NATLOR wrote: »
    That's only the case if its delivered to Ireland.

The OP used Parcel Motel if its caught for customs they will refuse it

Parcel Motel is very nice and will notify him to pay it according to their homepage:
    Yes you can shop anywhere in the world and use your Parcel Motel address as your delivery address. However, if you are buying goods from outside the EU please be aware that depending on the value of the item, they may be subject to Customs VAT & Duty Charges. These charges will need to be paid before the carrier will deliver your parcel to Parcel Motel. If the carrier informs us that they have a parcel on hold and they give us the correct details (your name and PMID) we will contact you with the relevant information so that you can organise payment. Parcel Motel does not accept responsibility for any parcels returned to the sender due to unpaid Customs and Excise duties and cannot pay charges on your behalf. We would also recommend that you track your overseas parcel so that you can see if your parcel is being held by Customs.

So same procedure, expect that anpost it will be given to Parcel Motel.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,137 ✭✭✭dinneenp

Hi,

Anyone know if you can buy of these with International version & OTA updates, ideally shipped from Europe?
    ZTE Axon 7
    LeEco Le Max 2
    LeEco Le Pro 3

Geekbuying doesn't stock the Axon or do the the LeEco with above, tried one or two other sites and no luck either.

Thanks in advance,
    Pa.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Diazou

Hello,

Do you think that Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 is a good phone ?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭Glen_Quagmire

dinneenp wrote:
    Anyone know if you can buy of these with International version & OTA updates, ideally shipped from Europe? ZTE Axon 7 LeEco Le Max 2 LeEco Le Pro 3

Honorbuy has Europe stock

Honorbuy is a safe store?

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

dinneenp wrote: »
    Hi,

Anyone know if you can buy of these with International version & OTA updates, ideally shipped from Europe?
    ZTE Axon 7
    LeEco Le Max 2
    LeEco Le Pro 3

Geekbuying doesn't stock the Axon or do the the LeEco with above, tried one or two other sites and no luck either.

Thanks in advance,
    Pa.

Dont bother with OTA for LeEco, at most there will be one update. If they released the sources theyd be good phones but with no support and no ROM community its all downhill.

• Registered Users Posts: 964 ✭✭✭mistress_gi

dinneenp wrote: »
    Hi,

ZTE Axon 7
    LeEco Le Max 2
    LeEco Le Pro 3

Thanks in advance,
    Pa.

I have the zte and you don't really need an international room. It comes with zte store and, depending on location, You can a fully functioning playstore and from there you can get all the other apps. I disabled a few of the Chinese apps and apparently from a few things (which remain in chinese) everything works and well. I love my ZTE :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 571 ✭✭✭pcuser

Diazou wrote: »
    Hello,

Do you think that Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 is a good device ?

Thanks

I purchased this phone recently. Its a beast of a phone I cant fault it in any way. It does not have a NFC chip though, Not a problem for me as I would never use it but some people would.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,458 ✭✭✭corkie

Diazou wrote: »
    Hello,

Do you think that Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 is a good device ?

Thanks

Yes, I am thinking of my ZUK Z1 with it or the Redmi Note 4X. Great battery, good screen and strong enough processor. But it really comes down to what you want to do with it.
    And honorbuy is listed as good shop in the first page, I will order there as I also ordered my Zuk from there.

• Advertisement

Okay thanks you for your advices. :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement