Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chinese Android Phones 2 - Read First Post!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭Glen_Quagmire

Trying to decide between a Zuk Z2 and Xiaomi Mi5. Would like to get the 64GB as they don't have SD slot so xiaomi would be slightly more expensive.

Both have very similar specs by the looks of it.

Anyone any experience with either or any suggestions?

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭MeTheMan

Hello. I remember using a site a while ago that I could pick what I was looking for in a phone and it would show me the options.

Can't remember what it was?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭X6.430macman

MeTheMan wrote:
    Can't remember what it was?

Kimovil (??)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,209 ✭✭✭irishchris

Kimovil (??)

Well my redmi 3 international arrived and for few hours I got to use it it was an excellent handset. Flashed miui global developer rom but accidentally fried it as flashed in fastboot instead of edl mode and bricked the phone. Have an huawei 6x on way at minute as all attempts at saving the redmi failed and have xiomi deep flash cable ordered on small chance it will save it. So just heads up for anyone using xiaomi flash be careful to have your phone in edl mode as lack of concentration can cause ruining such a beautiful handset

• Registered Users Posts: 901 ✭✭✭xLisaBx

Anyone recommend a nice phablet? Not too pricey and perhaps rose gold option?

• Advertisement

Anyone care to advise if the Xiaomi Mi5 is worth the extra 100 quid over the Zuk Z2. Zuk is 200 for 64GB while the Xiaomi is 300 for 64GB.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 479 ✭✭mikeoneilly

Anyone care to advise if the Xiaomi Mi5 is worth the extra 100 quid over the Zuk Z2. Zuk is 200 for 64GB while the Xiaomi is 300 for 64GB.

Plug them into kimovil and compare them

xLisaBx wrote: »
    Anyone recommend a nice phablet? Not too pricey and perhaps rose gold option?

Mi max

• Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

I'm sure I've seen it for 240 on eglobal on Friday.

I can't comment I the zuk but I really like my mi5 with lineageos

jozi wrote:

jozi wrote:

What is eglobal like to but from? There website is full of pop ups when looking on the mobile which make me a bit concerned

• Advertisement

jozi wrote:

jozi wrote:

What is eglobal like to but from? There website is full of pop ups when looking on the mobile which make me a bit concerned

https://www.eglobalcentral.eu is their correct site, no popup for me on my mobile

I bought my camera and lenses from them without any hassle. My Mi5 came from them, was listed on their site (was having difficulty finding a black one), a few days after ordering I heard nothing so emailed them. Was told they didn't have it and that it would be a few days before stock arrived after which it would be a few days before I got it. I think all in it took 2 weeks, I vaguely remember them doing something that meant it was you late for a refund after finding out it wasn't in stock. No problems since.

I would but from them again but maybe with a bit more caution. But, I saying that you could get stung with a lot of the Chinese sites

• Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭padyjoe

Any phones of size 4.5-4.7' to consider these days for less than 100 euro?
    It doesn't have to chinese or new. I want to have something small as my Find 7a is too big carry around at work. I have a Nokia E72, it's the right size, won't break easily.
    Big battery would be advantage with at least 5-6 hours screen on time. I'm not heavy on apps, running custom firmware to get the most out of the phone. Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,137 ✭✭✭dinneenp

Hi (yet again),

I was going to buy the Axon 7 but just realised that it's €300+ euros, my budget is €260 max.
    What would the best 5.5" to 5.7" phone be please?
    I was all set on the LeEco LeMax2 or LePro but a few people have put me off it by mentioning their lack of support or updates.
    I'm considering the Mi5s (good prices on Geekbuying) but I think I'd like at least 5.5" display.

Thanks,
    Pa.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,209 ✭✭✭irishchris

dinneenp wrote: »
    Hi (yet again),

I was going to buy the Axon 7 but just realised that it's €300+ euros, my budget is €260 max.
    What would the best 5.5" to 5.7" phone be please?
    I was all set on the LeEco LeMax2 or LePro but a few people have put me off it by mentioning their lack of support or updates.
    I'm considering the Mi5s (good prices on Geekbuying) but I think I'd like at least 5.5" display.

Thanks,
    Pa.

Would definitely recommend the redmi 3 pro special edition which falls in your price range.got mine from honorbuy in 3 days using their eu site

• Registered Users Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭horse7

Has anyone ever replaced the EMMC on their phone?

irishchris wrote: »
    Would definitely recommend the redmi 3 pro special edition which falls in your price range.got mine from honorbuy in 3 days using their eu site

Cheers, but just ordered the Mi 5s last night. 5.2" I know...

Need to look for a as thin as possible grippy silicone case to protect it from drops

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Pyrrhic

Just collected my Zuk Z2 from the post office, was hit with a €47 customs charge.

No complaints here the phone is beautiful with a stunning screen, very quick and responsive.
    4GB RAM in a phone who would have thought it? One thing to note is that the battery is not removable but 3500 mAh.

Switched from a Jiayu F2 which lasted me 2 years and is still going so it's a decent back up.
     I love all of my mates giving Chinese phones stick yet the majority of them are walking around with iPhones and Samsungs with broken screens and €50 a month direct debits.

Will never buy a phone in a Irish shop again and I will never enter into a contract for a phone. Thanks lads, great thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,244 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

Pyrrhic wrote: »
    Just collected my Zuk Z2 from the post office, was hit with a €47 customs charge.

No complaints here the phone is beautiful with a stunning screen, very quick and responsive.
    4GB RAM in a phone who would have thought it? One thing to note is that the battery is not removable but 3500 mAh.

Switched from a Jiayu F2 which lasted me 2 years and is still going so it's a decent back up.
    I love all of my mates giving Chinese phones stick yet the majority of them are walking around with iPhones and Samsungs with broken screens and €50 a month direct debits.

Will never buy a phone in a Irish shop again and I will never enter into a contract for a phone. Thanks lads, great thread.

One of us one of us one of us!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,964 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Pyrrhic wrote: »

No complaints here the phone is beautiful with a stunning screen, very quick and responsive.
    4GB RAM in a phone who would have thought it? One thing to note is that the battery is not removable but 3500 mAh.

I was looking on Kimovil and theres 2 x 4gb versions of this phone but serious price differences. Which version did you get? https://www.kimovil.com/en/compare/zuk-z2-3gb-32gb,zuk-z2-4gb-64gb,zuk-z2-pro4gb-64gb

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,248 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

GBX wrote: »
    I was looking on Kimovil and theres 2 x 4gb versions of this phone but serious price differences. Which version did you get? https://www.kimovil.com/en/compare/zuk-z2-3gb-32gb,zuk-z2-4gb-64gb,zuk-z2-pro4gb-64gb
    The cheaper one is much better value - relatively little difference

• Registered Users Posts: 4,011 ✭✭✭eamonnq

The cheaper one is much better value - relatively little difference

5.0 vs 5.2 inch screens too, and the 800mhz band for 4G on the pro, and a few extra sensors. Smaller battery though.

dinneenp wrote: »
    Cheers, but just ordered the Mi 5s last night. 5.2" I know...

Need to look for a as thin as possible grippy silicone case to protect it from drops

I have a hard plastic one branded msvii it's a bit thinner than a nillkin one I got before it. Protection is crap for the screen but at least the glass back won't scratch

jozi wrote: »
    I have a hard plastic one branded msvii it's a bit thinner than a nillkin one I got before it. Protection is crap for the screen but at least the glass back won't scratch

Cheers, will check it out. this is what I have for my HTC One M7 and the phone has survived several drops. Something like that would be perfect.
    JRV-TXM71298_32322_L.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭lafors

Well got my LeEco Le Max 2 eventually on Sunday. No problem with customs, it was in a plain package and very well bubble wrapped actually!

Very happy with it so far. Dual sim working well with Meteor and Vodafone sims. Rooted it as there was an issue with bluetooth not playing calls over my car bluetooth (but strangely music streaming worked perfectly well!). Turns out the bluetooth io file from the newer software revs doesn't work for in call bluetooth so I just had to get the old bluetooth file and put it in the right directory and set the permissions....why I needed root.

I'm using Nova launcher as usual and I'm very happy with it so far, very fast, good battery life. No earphone jack doesn't bother me as I use bose qc35's though it did come with a pair of USB C earphones.

Any questions let me know.

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭sleepysniper

lafors wrote:
    Very happy with it so far. Dual sim working well with Meteor and Vodafone sims. Rooted it as there was an issue with bluetooth not playing calls over my car bluetooth (but strangely music streaming worked perfectly well!). Turns out the bluetooth io file from the newer software revs doesn't work for in call bluetooth so I just had to get the old bluetooth file and put it in the right directory and set the permissions....why I needed root.

lafors wrote:
    Well got my LeEco Le Max 2 eventually on Sunday. No problem with customs, it was in a plain package and very well bubble wrapped actually!

lafors wrote:
    I'm using Nova launcher as usual and I'm very happy with it so far, very fast, good battery life. No earphone jack doesn't bother me as I use bose qc35's though it did come with a pair of USB C earphones.

lafors wrote:
    Any questions let me know.

I've been thinking a lot about getting this phone but the apparent uncertainty with future updates from LeEco is causing me to hold back at the moment. How are you finding the phone over all? Would you recommend it? How is the User Interface? Was the screen as good as you expected considering it's 2k? And lastly, where did you buy it from? TIA

• Registered Users Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭MightyMandarin

Currently looking at upgrading my Redmi Note 2 I bought over a year ago. It's just gotten too slow so I'm looking at something with>2GB RAM and a Snapdragon chipset (although most phones seem to have them now). 16GB is not too small for me, but most seem to have 32GB drives now anyway.

From what I've seen, the Redmi 4 or 4x (unsure what the main differences are between them) or Zuk Z2 seem to be the best phones in my range atm (150-200€).

What are the main differences between them? I know the Z2 comes with 4GB RAM which seems incredibly good for the price.

Alternatively, would I be better off spending a little more for the Mi5/Oneplus3? The Oneplus3 has 6GB afaik, which is outrageous for a phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

If your note w has become slow it's something's you've done with it. Mine runs better now than it did day 1.

I replaced the usb charging board on my redmi note 2 but it didn't last long.I presume it's inferior quality.

Do xiaomi sell genuine spares ?

How tricky is it to actually replace just the USB port itself or is that a non-runner

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,011 ✭✭✭eamonnq

I replaced the usb charging board on my redmi note 2 but it didn't last long.I presume it's inferior quality.

Do xiaomi sell genuine spares ?

How tricky is it to actually replace just the USB port itself or is that a non-runner

How long have you had it, would you not prefer a new shiny phone ?:D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement