Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chinese Android Phones 2 - Read First Post!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,244 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

Actually just saw the Redmi 4 Pro is on Gearbest for €140

I think I'll go with that

TROUBLE ALERT

• Registered Users Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭MightyMandarin

TROUBLE ALERT

Are they that bad? :pac:

I know they've a sketchy past on this site, and read some bad reviews but also some decent ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,442 ✭✭✭Harika

I know they've a sketchy past on this site, and read some bad reviews but also some decent ones.

Problem is, that they use their HK warehouse, so if caught add 40 Euros to the bill for tax.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

lafors wrote: »
    I've not really read anything about the uncertainty of future updates bar on here but that doesn't bother me. I don't tend to hold on to phones too long for that to be an issue ;) Anyway there's custom roms available for it.

Not really. Souces havent been released so ROMS are just just settings tweaks on the stock ROMs, not proper releases.

If LeEco go under the community will die fast.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 479 ✭✭mikeoneilly

Is there anywhere selling genuine xiaomi parts or are they all clones?

I bought a replacement usb board but it needs replacing again after 6 weeks, connection is loose.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭Highcontrast1

Harika wrote: »
    What are you looking to do with this phone? Playing, texting, facebooking, photos ... ?
    bit of texting, watching video lectures, some www browsing and viewing pdfs.
    not much really.

Harika wrote: »
    Problem is, that they use their HK warehouse, so if caught add 40 Euros to the bill for tax.

Don't most of the sellers do that though? Aside from a few, like Coolicool but they charge a premium for that aswell. I ordered my current phone off Hongkongeek last year and it came from HK without issue.

I live in germany now though, so I've no idea what their customs issues are like, although I've bought a few things off aliexpress and the only difference I noticed is everything arrives much quicker.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭X6.430macman

Anyone on here using the laegoo shark 1..has a 6300 mah battery so an option for me baecause of that

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Anyone on here using the laegoo shark 1..has a 6300 mah battery so an option for me baecause of that

So they've got 1.8x the energy density of everyone else? When everyone buys from Sanyo etc....Hmmm. I'd be very skeptical of that figure.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭smilerf

Yes I have it. Great phone never kicked up once

• Registered Users Posts: 4,442 ✭✭✭Harika

Don't most of the sellers do that though? Aside from a few, like Coolicool but they charge a premium for that aswell. I ordered my current phone off Hongkongeek last year and it came from HK without issue.

I live in germany now though, so I've no idea what their customs issues are like, although I've bought a few things off aliexpress and the only difference I noticed is everything arrives much quicker.

Some sellers have EU warehouses where you are not charged with customs, but their customs is already included in the price, so this explains why it is so much cheaper.

Hit and miss, I wouldn't spend much on them tbh, make sure you use paypal.
    thanks. I'm sold on the Gigaset one! Do you know how long shipping takes?

Quite quick actually, sent a few of mine the next day.

smilerf wrote: »
    Yes I have it. Great phone never kicked up once

Where did you buy yours?

Where did you buy yours?
    off Amazon. Got it in a lightening deal for 130

smilerf wrote: »
    off Amazon. Got it in a lightening deal for 130

Ah nice looks good may add it to the wanted list :pac:

Ah nice looks good may add it to the wanted list :pac:
    Its never outta my hand. I'm a divil for the games too and I still get a good 2 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Gearbest were caught selling fake items as far as I remember. Not phones, but its not a great thing for a shop to do. Also, anyone dealing with their return/refund processes has had a nightmare.

fixxxer wrote: »
    Gearbest were caught selling fake items as far as I remember. Not phones, but its not a great thing for a shop to do. Also, anyone dealing with their return/refund processes has had a nightmare.

I read a pretty recent review on reddit of a guy who bought a Mi Mix, nothing happened for 2 weeks, then they told him the order was cancelled and he'd be refunded, so he bought a pixel instead. Then 10days later a Mi Mix shows up at his door and GB wouldn't take it back.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

I read a pretty recent review on reddit of a guy who bought a Mi Mix, nothing happened for 2 weeks, then they told him the order was cancelled and he'd be refunded, so he bought a pixel instead. Then 10days later a Mi Mix shows up at his door and GB wouldn't take it back.

I'm not saying that good things don't happen now, just that in previous days a fair bit of bad things happened hence why people are sour on them here.

• Advertisement

fixxxer wrote: »
    I'm not saying that good things don't happen now, just that in previous days a fair bit of bad things happened hence why people are sour on them here.

Well they were caught sending shills here weren't they? And now they have a sponsored forum lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,011 ✭✭✭eamonnq

Well they were caught sending shills here weren't they? And now they have a sponsored forum lol.

Turning existing users into shills. Users got banned, company that did it got their own forum in the Bargain Alerts section.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

In the boards justice system, shilling based offenses are considered especially heinous.
    In Boards York City, the dedicated detectives who investigate these vicious felonies are members of an elite squad known as the Special Victims Unit. These are their stories.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

I love the fact they made such a big deal about it with a thread and a long angry post......caves to the money :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,011 ✭✭✭eamonnq

They haven't gone away, you know.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Most users seem to either forgot or don't seem to care about the shills.

People buying from GB all the time. I laugh each time i see someone now complaining about a product they've bought from there. It's completely their own fault at this stage. A simple Google search shows you all the **** about GB, from many different forums.

RossieMan wrote: »
    Most users seem to either forgot or don't seem to care about the shills.

People buying from GB all the time. I laugh each time i see someone now complaining about a product they've bought from there. It's completely their own fault at this stage. A simple Google search shows you all the **** about GB, from many different forums.

I bought a android box for 25 euro and Jesus I love it, I wouldnt spend over 50 euro on them though.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,964 ✭✭✭✭GBX

I bought a android box for 25 euro and Jesus I love it, I wouldnt spend over 50 euro on them though.

That's really all I've bought from them. Stuff around or under that price. No issues. As been stated many times - people have their reasons for not buying from them. They never shilled to me and I agree its a bad practice but they do have good value.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭wiz569

RossieMan wrote: »
    In the boards justice system, shilling based offenses are considered especially heinous.
    In Boards York City, the dedicated detectives who investigate these vicious felonies are members of an elite squad known as the Special Victims Unit. These are their stories.

Feck ya there goes my tea all over the keyboard pmsl

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement