Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chinese Android Phones 2 - Read First Post!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭crossvilla

Hi all, looking to buy the Huawei Honor 8 Lite. Kimovil has suggested Flosmall to buy it on but have not any experience using this site? Any thoughts?

https://www.kimovil.com/en/where-to-buy-huawei-honor-8-lite-4gb-64gb

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭abarkie

abarkie wrote: »
    Looks like the "problem" is this:

When the data is set to 3 Sim all is fine

When the data is switched to another sim - in this case O2- then 3 goes to emergency calls only or no service.

Any fix to this?

i use the O2 sim for data as that is work sim and only use my data when away / out of UK

It looks like this problem is known about:

http://en.miui.com/thread-335643-1-1.html
    TESTED ON: Redmi Note 3 Pro/Kenzo

Problem: phone does not connect to 4G (sim 1)
    The phone has no 4G signal in two sim cards
    the network is falling or not connect at 3G mode (H+)
    Explaining the problem:
    Some CHINESE vendors to distribute SHOP ROM, install a modified QCN (Chinese baseband)
    The QCN is the phone's IMEI file that has data and other information related to RADIO.
    what happens ...
    This QCN is blocked 4G in main IMEI (not know pq not the secondary IMEI) or cause issues, block calls, etc ... for most non-Asian countries
    For this reason, when configuring the unit to another location (eg, Brazil, Europe, etc) this block 4G / LTE networks access

Has anyone had this problem and resolved it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭Euphoriasean

crossvilla wrote: »
    Hi all, looking to buy the Huawei Honor 8 Lite. Kimovil has suggested Flosmall to buy it on but have not any experience using this site? Any thoughts?

https://www.kimovil.com/en/where-to-buy-huawei-honor-8-lite-4gb-64gb

Bought my 5s plus from them and had no issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,244 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

Bought my 5s plus from them and had no issues.

What are they like for processing times?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,137 ✭✭✭dinneenp

Hi,
    Two phones from Geekbuying sent today, it says DHL, estimate 3-5 days (not from EU). Realistically I expect it'll take a lot longer, what's delivery duration that people have experienced please?
    Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭johnytwentyten

dinneenp wrote: »
    Hi,
    Two phones from Geekbuying sent today, it says DHL, estimate 3-5 days (not from EU). Realistically I expect it'll take a lot longer, what's delivery duration that people have experienced please?
    Thanks

I bought from Hong Kong Goldway but i imagine they are all similar, took six working days, bout ten days all in, quicker than i thought it would be

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭Timmyr

dinneenp wrote: »
    I was all set for the LeEco Le Max or or Pro but a few concerns from here put me off and I've gone for the Mi 5s instead.

The LeMax 2 has great spec for a great price- available here 6GB RAM 128GB ROM for €265, with free shipping from Europe. Not international version though.

I just ordered this one, €175 delivered, with US Rom and google play installed

http://www.banggood.com/LeTV-LeEco-Le-Max-2-X829-5_7-inch-4GB-64GB-Snapdragon-820-Quad-core-4G-Smartphone-p-1125233.html

Edit: Not the international version either

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Expect €222 after taxes and handling.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

My ZUK Z1 has been eventually murdered by the ground, which tried dozens of times before it succeeded.

Any thoughts on the Xiaomi Redmi Note 4? Processor seems a bit slow.

Any other recommendations?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,248 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Korvanica wrote: »
    My ZUK Z1 has been eventually murdered by the ground, which tried dozens of times before it succeeded.

Zuk Z2? Has Snapdragon 820 processor which is just a bit below flagship

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,442 ✭✭✭Harika

Korvanica wrote: »

Just received the Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 as replacement for my ZUK Z1 that kissed the concrete once too often. What I looked up the 625 should already be close to the 810 and the Redmi has 3GB Ram compared to 2 of the ZUK. Anyway I can give you a quick comparison possible tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭SM01

I went for a Lenovo P2 after my ZUK Z1 and am very happy with it. The ZUK Z1 was a very loyal servant however. A very well built phone that endeared me to ZUK. I'd have opted for the ZUK 2 in an instant if it had an international ROM (I know nothing about flashing ROMs - I'm a tech-troglodyte)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭k123456

Harika wrote: »
    Just received the Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 as replacement for my ZUK Z1 that kissed the concrete once too often. What I looked up the 625 should already be close to the 810 and the Redmi has 3GB Ram compared to 2 of the ZUK. Anyway I can give you a quick comparison possible tomorrow.

re the Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 , does it have Gorilla Glass or some sort of scratch proof glass. Interested in one, but specs online re the glass are vague

• Registered Users Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭X6.430macman

Korvanica wrote:

Forgive me for being an idiot but how do ye know If a processor is fast or slow??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

SM01 wrote: »
    I went for a Lenovo P2 after my ZUK Z1 and am very happy with it. The ZUK Z1 was a very loyal servant however. A very well built phone that endeared me to ZUK. I'd have opted for the ZUK 2 in an instant if it had an international ROM (I know nothing about flashing ROMs - I'm a tech-troglodyte)

Damn the specs on that are quite nice ! Where abouts you pick it up from? Mental battery size. Which was the reason i went for the Z1 initially.

Forgive me for being an idiot but how do ye know If a processor is fast or slow??

There are lists but basically in the 800 series it is 801 -> 810 -> 820 -> 835 and in the 600 series it becomes lore difficult as 650 is the old version and 625 the new one :pac:

k123456 wrote: »
    re the Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 , does it have Gorilla Glass or some sort of scratch proof glass. Interested in one, but specs online re the glass are vague

No doesn't have gorilla glas. No problems of setting up, the international version just has neither UK or Ireland as region so used India if you come across it. But seems to have no effect.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Anonamoose

SM01 wrote: »

Where did you buy?
    Customs/VAT?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

I think this is just a Xiaomi fault but I'm having a problem with the play store recently. It says waiting for WiFi when updating or downloading most apps now.......even though I'm on WiFi. Tried clearing data and cache in all the Google play apps but still have the problem

Anyone have this issue?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Colemania wrote: »
    I think this is just a Xiaomi fault but I'm having a problem with the play store recently. It says waiting for WiFi when updating or downloading most apps now.......even though I'm on WiFi. Tried clearing data and cache in all the Google play apps but still have the problem

Anyone have this issue?

There is a setting which blocks app downloading over a certain size unless you're on wifi. If you turn that off it should fix your issue.

• Advertisement

fixxxer wrote: »
    There is a setting which blocks app downloading over a certain size unless you're on wifi. If you turn that off it should fix your issue.

That setting should be in the downloader app but it's not there on MIUI 8

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭howdoyouknow

It worth noting on the Xiaomi Redmi Note 3&4 international versions with band 20 that it is extremely difficult to get parts for these models if they were to get damaged. Screens especially as they are different size to the standard Redmi note 3&4

• Registered Users Posts: 7,458 ✭✭✭corkie

Anyone have this issue?

Mi 5????

It is a known problem and a possible solution here: - http://en.miui.com/thread-560832-1-1.html

corkie wrote: »
    Mi 5????

It is a known problem and a possible solution here: - http://en.miui.com/thread-560832-1-1.html

Mi4c

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭SM01

Re the Lenovo P2 . I'm in the UK a lot so i picked one up in a 3 store for 200 sterling. The barely life is something else. I'm on day three at 46% one of those was a heavy day, the other light enough usage. I'm very happy with the phone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 479 ✭✭mikeoneilly

the lenovo has a good battery

personally ill be sticking with removable battery if possible -at least then I can buy a charging dock and a second battery if the usb port gives trouble

the lenovo has a good battery

personally ill be sticking with removable battery if possible -at least then I can buy a charging dock and a second battery if the usb port gives trouble

ever thought of a power bank?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,458 ✭✭✭corkie

Mi4c

Just noticed an update for playstore on xda labs Version 7.7.08
    https://labs.xda-developers.com/store/app/com.android.vending

Also available on apkmirror
    http://www.apkmirror.com/apk/google-inc/google-play-store/

Release yesterday, so has anyone with problems with the store tried the new version?

Edit: - Problems persist with the above update, here is another solution: -
    https://forum.xda-developers.com/axon-7/how-to/guide-temporary-fix-google-play-store-t3582024

• Closed Accounts Posts: 479 ✭✭mikeoneilly

I'm saying if the charging port goes faulty

then you have to repair it if the battery is non removable

is it even possible to get original parts like these? the cloned parts like usb boards don't last long

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭g0g

Is triggering MIUI updates something you need to do manually? I'm on 8.1.1.0 Stable on my Redmi 3S Pro Prime and I'm pretty sure it should be a more recent version.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement