Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chinese Android Phones 2 - Read First Post!

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,223 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Can any one recommend a 4.7 inch phone with 4g?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

godtabh wrote: »
    Can any one recommend a 4.7 inch phone with 4g?

Nubia Z9 Mini is the first that comes to mind. It could be 5" though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,284 ✭✭✭fixXxer

My buddy is flying to Hong Kong tomorrow. I'll have to do some quick research on what €200 can get you in HK.

Anyone recommend something that would be an upgrade on my OnePlus One please?

Nope :pac:

What aspects are you looking to upgrade on?

• Advertisement

Ermm just um something that would be an improvement all round? Better specs like....

Ermm just um something that would be an improvement all round? Better specs like....

There's nothing that'll give a real upgrade or better experience to be honest, if you want to sidegrade for a change you've a few options, Xiaomi Mi4, LeTV Le1, Nubia Z9 would be starts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,284 ✭✭✭fixXxer

There's nothing that'll give a real upgrade or better experience to be honest, if you want to sidegrade for a change you've a few options, Xiaomi Mi4, LeTV Le1, Nubia Z9 would be starts.

Mi4 is the same spec apart from a f/1.8 camera and smaller screen. Fragile though in my experience, wouldn't recommend them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭moneyman

http://www.honorbuy.com/11-xiaomi

They ship from the EU.I bought mine from them when Called xiaomishop

Thanks for this, I just placed my order this morning. :)

Hopefully will have it next week as it's being shipped from Europe. Will let you all know how it is!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭aaronm13

The touchscreen on my MX3 is starting to go funny so think I'll be in need of a new phone soon. Hope it holds out till the 1+2 is released or Mi5 announced /released. The LeTv looks good but no sd and small internal storage is a deal breaker. The pro version is just to expensive.

Having a quick look and the Honor 7 looks the best flagship with a quality camera. A great camera is a must on my next purchase, the camera on the MX3 is average at best.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭peaceboi

Ordered the lenovo k3 note from deal extreme for 156e incl. Del, 2 weeks ago & got letter yesterday from the anpost saying 43eur payable vat + customs & 7 eur handling charges. :-(

But I guess its still good for 200e

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭moneyman

aaronm13 wrote: »
    The touchscreen on my MX3 is starting to go funny so think I'll be in need of a new phone soon. Hope it holds out till the 1+2 is released or Mi5 announced /released. The LeTv looks good but no sd and small internal storage is a deal breaker. The pro version is just to expensive.

Having a quick look and the Honor 7 looks the best flagship with a quality camera. A great camera is a must on my next purchase, the camera on the MX3 is average at best.

You can get the Letv with 32gb or 64gb internal storage. I got the 32gb just to be safe, though I'll likely never fill it. The 32gb version is 335 delivered from honorbuy.

aaronm13 wrote: »

Its hardly a static issue with your screen? I've had one with my Mi3. Use a different charger and charge directly from the wall instead of an extension lead or double adapter, give it about a week and see if it clears up

Its hardly a static issue with your screen? I've had one with my Mi3. Use a different charger and charge directly from the wall instead of an extension lead or double adapter, give it about a week and see if it clears up

Not sure what it is, flashed a new rom the other night but still have problems. Mainly happens if the phone is idle for hours, like overnight. The touchscreen is totally unresponsive and have to do a hard restart with the power button. Only thing I can think of is that I have one of those glass screen protectors and it has a crack right across the screen and maybe it's causing ghost touches or other types of problems. Don't want to take it off until I get a replacement as something will happen to the screen no doubt. Have another one on order and should be here by the end of next week.

moneyman wrote: »
    You can get the Letv with 32gb or 64gb internal storage. I got the 32gb just to be safe, though I'll likely never fill it. The 32gb version is 335 delivered from honorbuy.

How do you find the phone? I'm looking for 64gb minimum internal storage without sd card but could find the LeTv, 32gb was the biggest. The gizchina review talks about calls dropping a lot, how do you find it and also what do you think of the camera?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭Simi

Oneplus 2?

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭kingerae86

gearbest,has anyone had any problems buying off them?
    they seem to be one of the cheapest around,
    dont want to use them if there problematic

Lot of gearbest shilling on boards a few months ago, think they're a bit frowned upon now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,260 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

kingerae86 wrote: »
    I've ordered a few things from them, most of it was ok, one order looked like it had been used but they claimed it was damaged in transit, another one didn't arrive at all and getting them to resend it was a nightmare, had to pay postage again. Overall I would avoid them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

I've ordered a few things from them, most of it was ok, one order looked like it had been used but they claimed it was damaged in transit, another one didn't arrive at all and getting them to resend it was a nightmare, had to pay postage again. Overall I would avoid them.
    Never had an issue with them whether it was phones or accessories

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭NATLOR

kingerae86 wrote: »

They are no better or worse than any of the main Asian sites IMO. You will find good and bad experiences from all of them, main thing is to use PayPal so you are well protected if anything goes wrong

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

With the **** gearbest pulled here, I wouldn't trust any reviews from them or sshop with them, no matter how cheap.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭tnethacker

peaceboi wrote: »
    Ordered the lenovo k3 note from deal extreme for 156e incl. Del, 2 weeks ago & got letter yesterday from the anpost saying 43eur payable vat + customs & 7 eur handling charges. :-(

But I guess its still good for 200e

The funniest part here? You can actually buy it off cheaper from European sellers :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

tnethacker wrote: »
    The funniest part here? You can actually buy it off cheaper from European sellers :)

Link(s)?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

I cancelled my be touch 2 from gearbest.

reviews were really bad from those who received theirs.

Got refunded without any issue.

The call speaker is gone in my MX3 now so pressure to get a new one has increased. Really want to hold out for the one+2 so do I do a false economy and buy a cheep stop gap lime the HTC desire 510 and wait for a few flagships to launch or go for an older model like MI4, 1+1 or newer MX5 or LeTv. If I go for a new one need a high enough end one with great camera and good storage with solid GPS. Going to have to pull the trigger on something by the end of the day so need your advice lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭kingerae86

Went for the umi iron in the end.
    Also avoided gear best and bought off myefox.es.
    Spanish company €159 delivered and paid with PayPal.

I found kimovil.com very good for phone specs and pricing etc just said I'd share :)

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭Blankety

Yes Kimovil is very good, not sure who posted it but very useful website - Thanks.

I went for the JIAYU S3, I'm on Vodafone who use Band 3 and Band 20 (1800 MHz and 800 MHz) the S3 supports both, most Chinese phones only support band 3, I believe Band 20 will get rolled out on Vodafone later this year and gives better indoor reception. I expect the phone to be delivered today/tomorrow, I'll post a review.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,001 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Good phone. I have mine a few weeks and am delighted with it.
    I've been following threads on XDA regarding roms. Hopefully Jiayu will be releasing Lollipop 5.1 for the S3 soon, but their headquarters are on the move which could be delaying it slightly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,499 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

Got an email from Merimobiles the now have a customs free delivery option ;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement