Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chinese Android Phones 2 - Read First Post!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭k123456

An adware timebomb was the only issue i had with my xiaomi

Got it from gearbest EU unsurprisingly and took me a while to figure out

What was is adware timebomb

• Registered Users Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭thefinalstage

In case anyone is having troubles unlocking their Xiaomi devices bootloader, I got permission and was waiting 14 days. Went into the Dev options and kept getting the 10008 error and the unlocked would not get passed 50 percent. I set my VPN on my phone to Hong Kong. I tried to add the account. No more 10008 error and the unlock app is getting passed 50 percent. Just gotta wait 72 more hours. So give the above a go :)

Just to follow up, my phone is now routed and using a customer rom with TWRP so reallllly happy with the phone now :D

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭Highcontrast1

I bought a phone from coolicool on the 30th (Shipping from EU) and my phone has been stuck in the UK for almost a week now, is this normal? Should I be worried? Thanks

06/04/2017 03:03 The parcel has left the GLS location. United Kingdom
    05/04/2017 00:42 The parcel has left the GLS location. Netherlands Utrecht
    04/04/2017 21:14 The parcel has left the GLS location. Netherlands
    04/04/2017 21:14 The parcel was handed over to GLS. Netherlands
    04/04/2017 14:24 The parcel data was entered into the GLS system; the parcel was not yet handed over to GLS.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,442 ✭✭✭Harika

I bought a phone from coolicool on the 30th (Shipping from EU) and my phone has been stuck in the UK for almost a week now, is this normal? Should I be worried? Thanks

06/04/2017 03:03 The parcel has left the GLS location. United Kingdom
    05/04/2017 00:42 The parcel has left the GLS location. Netherlands Utrecht
    04/04/2017 21:14 The parcel has left the GLS location. Netherlands
    04/04/2017 21:14 The parcel was handed over to GLS. Netherlands
    04/04/2017 14:24 The parcel data was entered into the GLS system; the parcel was not yet handed over to GLS.

Have you tried to put the tracking number into the anpost tracker? Maybe they handed it over to that.

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭Highcontrast1

Our Item Tracking system has not recognised the number(s) that you have entered. Please check that you have entered the correct number(s), or we may not have yet received the item(s).

Just tried :/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,137 ✭✭✭dinneenp

HI,
    It might have been posted already but can anyone recommend a quick charge 3.0 charger? Are some better than other?
    I have a Xiaomi Mi 5s.

From [URL="http://www.androidbeat.com/2016/04/best-xiaomi-mi5-tips-tricks/".androidbeat[/URL] I read this:

Use a Quick Charge 3.0 charger

The Snapdragon 820 and USB Type-C port on the Xiaomi Mi 5 ensure that the handset supports Qualcomm’s Quick Charge 3.0 technology. However, due to cost issues, Xiaomi has only included a Quick Charge 2.0 compatible charger with the handset, which also does a pretty decent job at charging the handset quickly.

However, if you want to charge your Mi 5 to as much as 50% (from 0) in only 30 minutes, buy a Quick Charge 3.0 compatible charger. Since Quick Charge 3.0 is a relatively new charger, there are a very few QC 3.0 compatible chargers available in the market right now and they are all on the pricier side. However, if you want to really cut down the charging times of your Mi 5, this investment is going to be well worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭randomname2005

Apologies if off topic, but I am currently lost in the maze that is the first time purchase of a Chinese phone. The main issue I have is alluded to in the opening post, a camera. There are not a lot of reviews of phones from cubot, umi, leeco etc and all I do find say the camera is poor. But I don't know if this is relative to an I phone 7 or latest Samsung, or others in a similar price point phone. Does anyone have recommendations on a 200 or 250 euro phone with a good camera? I am not looking for DSLR performance but want to be able to take reasonable pics of the kids, family etc.
    Many thanks
    Rn

• Registered Users Posts: 4,244 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

Our Item Tracking system has not recognised the number(s) that you have entered. Please check that you have entered the correct number(s), or we may not have yet received the item(s).

Just tried :/

Had a issue like that before, An post couldnt find it at all......arrived that day :rolleyes:

Apologies if off topic, but I am currently lost in the maze that is the first time purchase of a Chinese phone. The main issue I have is alluded to in the opening post, a camera. There are not a lot of reviews of phones from cubot, umi, leeco etc and all I do find say the camera is poor. But I don't know if this is relative to an I phone 7 or latest Samsung, or others in a similar price point phone. Does anyone have recommendations on a 200 or 250 euro phone with a good camera? I am not looking for DSLR performance but want to be able to take reasonable pics of the kids, family etc.
    Many thanks
    Rn

Cannot complain about the camera of the Xiaomi. Sure not as good as a flagship, but sufficient for me. Honestly my old ZUK made, for me!, better looking pictures than the iphone 6, what might be subjective, but I am not trained in spotting good or bad pictures. Else you might try some old flagship like the Nexus 5X or a Samsung Galaxy S6.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭randomname2005

Harika wrote: »
    No doesn't have gorilla glas. No problems of setting up, the international version just has neither UK or Ireland as region so used India if you come across it. But seems to have no effect.

Do you still see no effect from selecting India?

• Advertisement

Nope, never appeared further. Weather is anyway linked to entered town and timezones are linked with area you are at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,248 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

The only problem I've ever had selecting India is with the Amazon Shopping app - it won't let you change country from Amazon India. But you can download a different (better) app from their website that will work perfectly

The only problem I've ever had selecting India is with the Amazon Shopping app - it won't let you change country from Amazon India. But you can download a different (better) app from their website that will work perfectly

I downloaded the app directly from amazon.com and could swap without issues. Alexa also works.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭cavan4sam

Looking at the Xiaomi redmi note 4
    Global version .....will that just be a plug and play sort of thing or will it need much adjusting ...also if i go dhl and gets stopped by customs how much wud i be looking at ?

Global version .....will that just be a plug and play sort of thing or will it need much adjusting ...also if i go dhl and gets stopped by customs how much wud i be looking at ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 479 ✭✭mikeoneilly

cavan4sam wrote: »

Get it from an EU WAREHOUSE instead and you'll know the exact price
    If your order DHL you will pay customs

Get it from an EU WAREHOUSE instead and you'll know the exact price If your order DHL you will pay customs

Thanks what sellers have Eu warehouse was looking on Ali to buy from xiaomi

• Closed Accounts Posts: 479 ✭✭mikeoneilly

Thanks what sellers have Eu warehouse was looking on Ali to buy from xiaomi

There's loads of EU WAREHOUSES

Try to get one that will repair your fone in the EU

Thanks ...Any seller in particular to buy from ?

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭Lenny17123

cavan4sam wrote:
    Thanks ...Any seller in particular to buy from ?

Honorbuy is where I got mine. A lil bit more expensive but had phone in 3 days

• Advertisement

Lenny17123 wrote:
    Honorbuy is where I got mine. A lil bit more expensive but had phone in 3 days

Is that a seller on Ali ?

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭Lenny17123

cavan4sam wrote:
    Is that a seller on Ali ?

No its a website that also has EU warehouses

Lovely thanks
    Just wondering the redmi note 4 what size is it similar to here ? Dont want anything bigger than s7 or Iphone 6plus

Lovely thanks
    Just wondering the redmi note 4 what size is it similar to here ? Dont want anything bigger than s7 or Iphone 6plus

https://www.kimovil.com/en/compare/apple-iphone-6s,samsung-galaxy-s7-eu,xiaomi-redmi-note-4x

Thanks ....too many to choose from ....Dont want a mini tablet but something with a decent size screen and good camera not over 170

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭pcasso

Okay, I have finally given up on Xiaomi fixing the battery drain issue that has effected my Redmi 3 since a weekly update to the os from a few months ago.
    To fix this I have decided to install an older version of the rom so has anybody any thoughts on which one I should install.
    I was happy with the Xiaomi one bar the battery drain issue so was thinking of an older version of MIUI 8

• Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

Have you tried a factory reset before loading up a Rom?

jozi wrote: »
    Have you tried a factory reset before loading up a Rom?

Would that not just take me back to the same operating rom with the same battery drain issues?
    No is the answer by the way.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

pcasso wrote: »
    Would that not just take me back to the same operating rom with the same battery drain issues?
    No is the answer by the way.:)

It might not be the ROM causing the issue. Ideally try the phone as a blank slate and see if the issue is still present.

• Advertisement

fixxxer wrote: »
    It might not be the ROM causing the issue. Ideally try the phone as a blank slate and see if the issue is still present.

I think it is.
    The battery drain started immediately after a weekly update and the forums were full of similar complaints with the android system being the main user of the battery

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement