Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chinese Android Phones 2 - Read First Post!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,964 ✭✭✭✭GBX

You should be fine so.

• Registered Users Posts: 901 ✭✭✭xLisaBx

Anyone recommend the Mi Max? Looks lovely :)

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭AHireland2k11

You can check about the 4g on willmyphonework. Google will find it for you as I can't post links

Haven't redmi 4x or 4 prime.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭X6.430macman

xLisaBx wrote:
    Anyone recommend the Mi Max? Looks lovely

I was thinking of that phone too..great spec for price but wondering about that massive screen, is t a little over the top I wonder

• Registered Users Posts: 11,964 ✭✭✭✭GBX

I was thinking of that phone too..great spec for price but wondering about that massive screen, is t a little over the top I wonder
    xLisaBx wrote: »

Compare it to your current device on www.Kimovil.com to get the idea of size comparison.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

xLisaBx wrote: »

I have one. I got it specifically for the extra large screen and its great. It whizzes along anything I throw at it and movies and games look great on the big screen. The camera is good/ok in bright light and not great once it gets darker. Mind there is a 2GB ram version, mine is the 3GB version.

As phones go, I love it but as I said I specifically wanted the big screen.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,243 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

Tbh 6" phones are ok for me, though I would have large hands so may not be for everyone.

Tbh 6" phones are ok for me, though I would have large hands so may not be for everyone.

Also, if your stuck for some reason, MIUI has that feature where you can swip the home button and it shrinks the screen down. I tend to use it when holding the sleeping baby who won't let me put her down :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭X6.430macman

fixxxer wrote:
    I have one. I got it specifically for the extra large screen and its great. It whizzes along anything I throw at it and movies and games look great on the big screen. The camera is good/ok in bright light and not great once it gets darker. Mind there is a 2GB ram version, mine is the 3GB version.

fixxxer wrote:
    Also, if your stuck for some reason, MIUI has that feature where you can swip the home button and it shrinks the screen down. I tend to use it when holding the sleeping baby who won't let me put her down

How do you find it for fitting in your pocket and general stuff like that..was loving it and then held an s7edge and was like, another inch onto this is just way over the top.

Shrinkin the screen display sounds like a cool feature..make it more mangeable anyway

How do you find it for fitting in your pocket and general stuff like that..was loving it and then held an s7edge and was like, another inch onto this is just way over the top.

Shrinkin the screen display sounds like a cool feature..make it more mangeable anyway

Phones don't spend much time in my pocket to be honest. At work I keep it on the desk and at home on the shelf by the sofa. Its usually in my coat pocket between those two places. I've not had a situation yet where I though "this thing is too big".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭milhous

Just looked into MiMax and kinda want one now. It's on an Irish website called MiShop? Listed at €269 which seems reasonable to me?but out of stock... maybe that's just temporary?

Where else would be a gd place to buy?

Dammit, no NFC. Nvm. Mi5 looks good but Mi6 looks like it will be worth the wait. Can expect a supply delay for Ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭cavan4sam

Just a question on band 20 ? If a phone hasnt it does that mean no 4g or just no 4g in certain places ? About to order Redmi 4x but this is holding me back a little

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭howdoyouknow

cavan4sam wrote:
    Just a question on band 20 ? If a phone hasnt it does that mean no 4g or just no 4g in certain places ? About to order Redmi 4x but this is holding me back a little

No 4g in rural areas. Phone will work fine without it you'll get 3g and edge instead. I've a redmi 3 without band 20 and 3gvdoes just fine

• Registered Users Posts: 4,243 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

Just cancelled a order with lightinthebox for a Bluboo Maya Max, they where taking way too long to process it....ah well I still like my Galaxy Note 3 :cool:

No 4g in rural areas. Phone will work fine without it you'll get 3g and edge instead. I've a redmi 3 without band 20 and 3gvdoes just fine

Great thanks , ive just looked at the spec and messaged the seller on ali and both have said the redmi 4x has band 20 so I'll take my chances
    Is there any noticable difference between snapdragon 435 and 625 ordering the global rom so hope to be able to use it out of the box

• Registered Users Posts: 8,993 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Xiaomi Mi6 just announced, here are the specs
    Model Xiaomi Mi6 64GB Xiaomi Mi6 128GB/Ceramic
    Operating system MIUI 8.0 (Android 6.0) MIUI 8.0 (Android 6.0)
    Screen 5.15in full-HD, four-sided curved glass 5.15in full-HD, four-sided curved glass
    Processor 2.45GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 quad-core 2.45GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 quad-core
    Graphics Adreno 540 Adreno 540
    RAM 6GB LPDDR4 6GB LPDDR4
    Storage 64GB 128GB
    MicroSD support No No
    Fingerprint scanner Yes, under-glass Yes, under-glass
    Audio Dual speakers, USB-C audio Dual speakers, USB-C audio
    Wi-Fi 2x2 dual-band 2x2 dual-band
    Waterproof Splashproof Splashproof
    Rear camera 12Mp dual-camera, 2x optical zoom, 4-axis OIS 12Mp dual-camera, 2x optical zoom, 4-axis OIS
    Battery 3,350mAh non-removable 3,350mAh non-removable
    SIM cards Dual Nano-SIM Dual Nano-SIM

2017419165717188.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 479 ✭✭mikeoneilly

Battery too small on that mi6

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

‘It’s All Over Now But the Screaming’: Inside the Unraveling of LeEco in America
    http://gizmodo.com/it-s-all-over-now-but-the-screaming-inside-the-unrav-1794420221
    cavan4sam wrote: »
    Great thanks , ive just looked at the spec and messaged the seller on ali and both have said the redmi 4x has band 20 so I'll take my chances
    Is there any noticable difference between snapdragon 435 and 625 ordering the global rom so hope to be able to use it out of the box

Thats great and all, but they're lying. "FDD-LTE B1/B3/B5/B7" - Xiaomi.

Ok thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

3350 shouldn't be too bad, should get a day

What's with the carbon copy of the Galaxy S6/S7 body though?

• Advertisement

Battery too small on that mi6

its a tiny 1080 screen, the battery should be good for at least a day.

fixxxer wrote: »
    its a tiny 1080 screen, the battery should be good for at least a day.

The lack of a headphone jack is a huge turn off. It's looking like a cheaper iPhone 7

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭milhous

Where to buy? Do they supply wireless headphones? Can just order a sleek power bank too. I'm carrying one around for my HTC One m9 anyway as it's battery only lasts me about 5-6 hours.

milhous wrote: »
    Where to buy? Do they supply wireless headphones? Can just order a sleek power bank too. I'm carrying one around for my HTC One m9 anyway as it's battery only lasts me about 5-6 hours.

Ibuygou are selling the 6GB 128GB for €408 but it will probably go down in price in a month or two. Probably keep an eye on Kimovil

They will probably announce wireless headphones. Xiaomi are currently having a livestream at the moment so might announce one then

• Registered Users Posts: 7,248 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Android 6.0 on a flagship when Android 7.0 launched mid last year? The main problem with Android

And fcuk Apple for killing the headphone jack and all the other little sheep following them, **** them all

Android 6.0 on a flagship when Android 7.0 launched mid last year? The main problem with Android

And fcuk Apple for killing the headphone jack and all the other little sheep following them, **** them all

MIUI is so customized compared to regular android it hardly makes a difference.

The headphone jack is annoying though.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

MiUi is always way behind AOSP, MiUi 6 was on 4.4 for months long after Lollipop was released, took ages for MiUi 7 to release

how long are phones taking to arrive from Aliexpress regular delivery?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

how long are phones taking to arrive from Aliexpress regular delivery?

Impossible question to answer.
    There are 1000s of different phone sellers on aliexpress who could all be using different shipping methods.

• Advertisement

1000s of different shipping methods on aliexpress:)

wouldn't free delivery be mostly all the same

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement