Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chinese Android Phones 2 - Read First Post!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,306 ✭✭✭NATLOR

how long are phones taking to arrive from Aliexpress regular delivery?

I've ordered a fair few things over the last 9 months with regular delivery and its been painfully slow. 6/8 weeks, longer for some items

• Registered Users Posts: 11,964 ✭✭✭✭GBX

how long are phones taking to arrive from Aliexpress regular delivery?

If you need a phone in a hurry, look through the vendors in the first post and see who has an EU warehouse option.

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭emg74

Ordered a Xiaomi Note 3 from Hong Kong Goldway on 20th Feb & it arrived this Tuesday - haven't used it yet as the glass protector was broken when it arrived and I don't want to use it until I get a protector and case... Ordered a case the same day from different seller and no sign of it yet :)

I bought the international version of the note 3 which is slightly bigger than the regular one and finding it difficult to get a glass protector outside china - this is the one

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Original-Xiaomi-Redmi-Note-3-Pro-Prime-32GB-ROM-Metal-Body-Fingerprint-Mobile-Phone-Snapdragon-650/32598227866.html?spm=2114.13010608.0.0.sDNwik

If anyone knows of somewhere in IReland, UK or Europe where I can get a protector, I would be delighted to get a recommendation - God knows how long it will take for the replacement protector to arrive.

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Clondalphian

emg74 wrote: »
    Ordered a Xiaomi Note 3 from Hong Kong Goldway on 20th Feb & it arrived this Tuesday - haven't used it yet as the glass protector was broken when it arrived and I don't want to use it until I get a protector and case... Ordered a case the same day from different seller and no sign of it yet :)

I bought the international version of the note 3 which is slightly bigger than the regular one and finding it difficult to get a glass protector outside china - this is the one

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Original-Xiaomi-Redmi-Note-3-Pro-Prime-32GB-ROM-Metal-Body-Fingerprint-Mobile-Phone-Snapdragon-650/32598227866.html?spm=2114.13010608.0.0.sDNwik

If anyone knows of somewhere in IReland, UK or Europe where I can get a protector, I would be delighted to get a recommendation - God knows how long it will take for the replacement protector to arrive.

I got some tempered glass protectors for my Mi5 recently from this seller. They're shipped from the UK.

http://www.ebay.ie/sch/wonbu*/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_ipg=&_from=

I ordered them on the 7th April and received them on the 12th.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

emg74 wrote: »

At the moment, about 130 days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭AHireland2k11

Would the following phones be as good as or better than the iPhone 5s//6? I know the specs look better but does that tell the full story
    Xiaomi Redmi 4x 3gb/32gb Octa core snapdragon 435
    Xiaomi Redmi 4 prime 3gb/32gb Octa core 2.0ghz snapdragon 625

Would the following phones be as good as or better than the iPhone 5s//6? I know the specs look better but does that tell the full story
    Xiaomi Redmi 4x 3gb/32gb Octa core snapdragon 435
    Xiaomi Redmi 4 prime 3gb/32gb Octa core 2.0ghz snapdragon 625

Not really an apples for apples question that.

They're mid tier phones really so should be compared against an iPhone 5S really, not a 6 or 7.

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭Hayezer

How are Gearbest for delivery? They have the Mi5 for around 210e which seems pretty great

• Registered Users Posts: 4,243 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

Hayezer wrote: »
    How are Gearbest for delivery? They have the Mi5 for around 210e which seems pretty great

Very hit and miss.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭horse7

Very hit and miss.

Mostly miss.

• Advertisement

If anyones looking for a cheapy phone for kids etc I came across this while browsing https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Geotel-Note-Mobile-Phone-5-5-Inch-HD-MTK6737-Quad-Core-Android-6-0-3GB-RAM/32799052153.html

Looks ok for the money.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,248 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

If anyones looking for a cheapy phone for kids etc I came across this while browsing https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Geotel-Note-Mobile-Phone-5-5-Inch-HD-MTK6737-Quad-Core-Android-6-0-3GB-RAM/32799052153.html

Looks ok for the money.
    I'd prefer a more known brand like a Redmi 4x for less than 20 quid more

I'd prefer a more known brand like a Redmi 4x for less than 20 quid more

Too small and less RAM it wouldnt suit myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,458 ✭✭✭corkie

HongKong Goldway --- Spain Warehouse!

Limited selection of products but not yet able to ship to other European countries!

So maybe they are still working on getting it setup!

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭danko82

just to let you know, I am very happy with zuk z2..
    It is a top in everthing and the battery last a lot.
    I can cover at least one day of huge use..like 5-6 hours of screen on.

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭cranefly

I ordered a tablet from banggood in china, it should arrive in the next two weeks or so, I found their site very easy to navigate round, and they have some really good deals. I was thinking of ordering a mobile phone from them as well, i am just not sure if it would work ok in ireland, i have a 3 pay as you go sim in my phone a nokia 620 i think thats the right number, they give details about which bands work in ireland. The phone that i like is a le tv le eco 2. with a 5.7 inch screen, it is 180 euro.
    In the spec page it says it will work with 2g 3g and 4g and gives a few numbers next to them, and a way to find out if your network will be ok with these number, but i just cant figure them out, if this phone will work with my sim. can anybody tell me if this phone will work with my sim card. I would hate to have a shiny new phone and for it not to work for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,458 ✭✭✭corkie

cranefly wrote: »
    I ordered a tablet from banggood in china, it should arrive in the next two weeks or so, I found their site very easy to navigate round, and they have some really good deals. I was thinking of ordering a mobile phone from them as well, i am just not sure if it would work ok in ireland, i have a 3 pay as you go sim in my phone a nokia 620 i think thats the right number, they give details about which bands work in ireland. The phone that i like is a le tv le eco 2. with a 5.7 inch screen, it is 180 euro.
    In the spec page it says it will work with 2g 3g and 4g and gives a few numbers next to them, and a way to find out if your network will be ok with these number, but i just cant figure them out, if this phone will work with my sim. can anybody tell me if this phone will work with my sim card. I would hate to have a shiny new phone and for it not to work for me.

Check here: - http://willmyphonework.net/

On the 3 network if I picked the right phone, it is only partial 4G compatible, probably missing Band 20!

cranefly wrote: »

Outside of cities your 4G coverage will be significantly reduced, otherwise itll work perfectly.

Note LeEco are likely to go bankrupt soon so dont expect software updates.

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭cranefly

That has put my mind at ease, thanks for them replies. I heard le Eco had a bit of trouble at a launch in america, but i did not think that they were in real trouble that they might go bust, i suppose i could live without software updates, just so long as it works ok out of the box. Another thing i need to get onto banggood about is their shipping options, on their shipping page they say to select an option of priority direct shipping if you live in europe, that way they use netherlands post to ship it from, or onward to, but that option does not exist for me, maybe it does not work for irish customers, I will probably have to pay a tax on the tablet i ordered from them, as i did not read the shipping options properly before i ordered it, i emailed banggood about it so maybe that option will be available to me soon, the choice of mobile phones from china is amazing, but at least they get some good reviews on you tube.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭Leslie91

I was after the Xiaomi Mi5 but seems it can only be got in white now...

Looking for max 5.15inch, with min 3GB RAM and min 32GB memory...

Anybody bought something fitting this spec recently?... would appreciate some advice. I've had a Xiaomi 4C for quite a while now and it has been grand but starting to see issues with SIM tray.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 479 ✭✭mikeoneilly

Leslie91 wrote: »
    I was after the Xiaomi Mi5 but seems it can only be got in white now...

Anybody bought something fitting this spec recently?... would appreciate some advice. I've had a Xiaomi 4C for quite a while now and it has been grand but starting to see issues with SIM tray.
    The zuk z2

The zuk z2

Tx but can't seem to find a site selling this in black... Should have mentioned not interested in white or gold.

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭howdoyouknow

Leslie91 wrote:

Redmi 3 pro

Out of curiosity why does the color matter?

I hardly even check the color when buying a fone,i fire on a silicon back anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭Pique

I'm looking for the same as Leslie91 but camera is important. Fed up of blurry pics in anything but bright light. Any suggestions?

Out of curiosity why does the color matter?

I hardly even check the color when buying a fone,i fire on a silicon back anyway

I have a back cover too... always do, but one can still see the front of the phone... I like the front being black.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

I didn't like the white front either, on most phones, it makes the bezel very obviously big.

I got my Mi5 from eglobalcentral but it took a little longer than I thought because it wasn't actually in stock

https://www.kimovil.com/en/where-to-buy-xiaomi-redmi-4-pro

They have a grey version, decent fone but big drop in horsepower compared to a zuk z2

Do the Chinese sellers mostly sell white and gold colors.I thought i noticed that before

• Advertisement

Oppo has done really really well selling good looking "selfie" phones in SEA. Likely the sellers are following that trend.

As into our phones as we are, we're the niche market. The big sales are to Katerina the Russian who wants something cool and iphone-esque.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement