Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chinese Android Phones 2 - Read First Post!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭Nidot

Took the jump and ordered the Xiaomi Redmi Note 4X with the 4GB RAM 64GB.

It's coming from Goldway, how long can I expect it to take?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,011 ✭✭✭eamonnq

Nidot wrote: »
    Took the jump and ordered the Xiaomi Redmi Note 4X with the 4GB RAM 64GB.

It's coming from Goldway, how long can I expect it to take?

Depends.......on when they say they have it in stock and on when they actually have it in stock andon when they say they will send it...........and when they actually send it....................and what method you chose for delivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭Hayezer

Anyone have "loyalty points" on their Honorbuy account? Bought a phone over a year ago and it says I've 25 loyalty points "awaiting validation"

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Hayezer wrote: »
    Anyone have "loyalty points" on their Honorbuy account? Bought a phone over a year ago and it says I've 25 loyalty points "awaiting validation"

Huh.

I never noticed that before. I seem to have a few as well.

2014-08-12 12:35:13 45 Awaiting validation
    2015-04-23 13:25:31 3 Available
    2016-02-18 11:49:27 21 Awaiting validation
    2016-07-19 09:58:42 26 Awaiting validation
    2017-01-23 12:42:32 21 Awaiting validation
    2017-01-23 16:29:57 0 Awaiting validation

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Hello all.

I've got a budget of around €200 to upgrade from my Xperia Z3+ and so I was thinking of a Xiaomi Redmi Pro. Zuk 2 looks interesting too, but a couple of you have said its camera isn't spectacular. Anything I should be aware of before taking the plunge or is there something better to spend my €200 on? Decent camera and enough grunt to last me the next couple of years is about all I'd have as hard requirements.

• Advertisement

Shiminay wrote: »
    Hello all.

I've got a budget of around €200 to upgrade from my Xperia Z3+ and so I was thinking of a Xiaomi Redmi Pro. Zuk 2 looks interesting too, but a couple of you have said its camera isn't spectacular. Anything I should be aware of before taking the plunge or is there something better to spend my €200 on? Decent camera and enough grunt to last me the next couple of years is about all I'd have as hard requirements.

Decent camera is usually whats sacrificed in phones that range. Most will be decent enough in good light and average to rerrible in low light.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭k123456

Shiminay wrote: »
    Hello all.

I've got a budget of around €200 to upgrade from my Xperia Z3+ and so I was thinking of a Xiaomi Redmi Pro.  Zuk 2 looks interesting too, but a couple of you have said its camera isn't spectacular.  Anything I should be aware of before taking the plunge or is there something better to spend my €200 on?  Decent camera and enough grunt to last me the next couple of years is about all I'd have as hard requirements.
    Camera here has v decent reviews
    https://www.banggood.com/LeTV-LeEco-Le-Max-2-X829-5_7-inch-4GB-64GB-Snapdragon-820-Quad-core-4G-Smartphone-p-1125233.html?rmmds=category

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Timmyr wrote: »
    My Le Max 2 arrived today from Banggood, ?175 plus ?47 VAT, very happy with it so far seems a deadly phone
    k123456 wrote: »
    Hi Timmy

cant see it on Banggood for 175, did u get it on sale/promotion

And is it band 20 compatible, do you pick up 4g
    Timmyr wrote: »
    https://www.banggood.com/LeTV-LeEco-Le-Max-2-X829-5_7-inch-4GB-64GB-Snapdragon-820-Quad-core-4G-Smartphone-p-1125233.html?rmmds=category

Still on sale I think

It has band 20 1800 but not 800, Im in Dublin this week and 4g is fine but I will be in Mayo at the weekend so I'll let you know what its like there

It has B3 and B20, the one that doesnt work is 4G+(CAgg). Its one of the reasons to buy the Max instead of other LeEco offerings.

Thanks very much folks, The Le Max 2 seems solid, but the lack of a headphone socket is a bit annoying since I won't be able to charge and listen to music at the same time. I shall give it some thought and see if there's some manner of headphone adaptor with USB pass-through to charge and listen at the same time.

I've lost my adapter and havent bothered replacing it, bluetooth all the way for a year or two now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,441 ✭✭✭recyclops

Does the le evo have nfc,I saw differing reports. I want to get away from a z3 compact and think q Chinese phone is worth a look

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭howdoyouknow

Shiminay wrote:
    Thanks very much folks, The Le Max 2 seems solid, but the lack of a headphone socket is a bit annoying since I won't be able to charge and listen to music at the same time. I shall give it some thought and see if there's some manner of headphone adaptor with USB pass-through to charge and listen at the same time.

Bluetooth headphones maybe

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭mono_mac

Is tinydeal a safe site?

mono_mac wrote: »
    Is tinydeal a safe site?

Yeah, Tinydeal are fine, just remember to check shipping charges and expect to pay VAT etc.

Not interested in buying Bluetooth headphones to replace the rather pricey inline control Sennheisers I have.

I think I'll go for the Redmi Pro, thanks for all the help folks.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,665 ✭✭✭54and56

Long story short I need to select one of the following:-

1. http://www.geekbuying.com/item/LeTV-LeEco-Le-Max-2-X829-4GB-64GB-Smartphone---Gray-376327.html

or

2. http://www.geekbuying.com/item/Package-Xiaomi-Redmi-Note-4-Pro-Helio-X20-3GB-64GB-Smartphone---Gray-373096.html

I was going to plum for the Redmi Note 4 Pro as I'm not at all familiar with the LeTV LeEco Le Max and I read above that it doesn't have a headphone jack?

The reservation I have about the Redmi is that the version I've linked to isn't the Global ROM version which I assume means it comes with the Chinese ROM. IS flashing the Global ROM a big deal and if I did would I effectively end up with the Global version of the phone or are there other differences in the hardware?

The phone is going to be used primarily for social media, listening to music (Spotify etc), watching video content (Netflix, YouTube, stored content etc) and generally accessing online content.

Would appreciate a steer.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,457 ✭✭✭corkie

or

2. http://www.geekbuying.com/item/Package-Xiaomi-Redmi-Note-4-Pro-Helio-X20-3GB-64GB-Smartphone---Gray-373096.html

I was going to plum for the Redmi Note 4 Pro as I'm not at all familiar with the LeTV LeEco Le Max and I read above that it doesn't have a headphone jack?

The reservation I have about the Redmi is that the version I've linked to isn't the Global ROM version which I assume means it comes with the Chinese ROM. IS flashing the Global ROM a big deal and if I did would I effectively end up with the Global version of the phone or are there other differences in the hardware?

The version you linked is the MediaTek version, look again for the Snapdragon Global Version which has LTE Band 20 support!

Or from your seller here. <<< Be careful on that site, if you change storage size the model version changes as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭ifeelstupid

After trawling through this thread I bought a Redmi Note 3 last year, happy with the phone - does all I need and more (apart from the camera but I can live with that). Great help also from all the posters here. I bought through Topone who are no longer I think!

This time I'm looking for a bit of help - a friend has asked me to buy them a phone with budget of around €150. Just wondering if anyone has purchased in this price range recently and whats to be recommended. I really am a bit clueless and there's far too many changes and new models for a technophobe like me to keep up with.

Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

After trawling through this thread I bought a Redmi Note 3 last year, happy with the phone - does all I need and more (apart from the camera but I can live with that). Great help also from all the posters here. I bought through Topone who are no longer I think!

This time I'm looking for a bit of help - a friend has asked me to buy them a phone with budget of around ?150. Just wondering if anyone has purchased in this price range recently and whats to be recommended. I really am a bit clueless and there's far too many changes and new models for a technophobe like me to keep up with.

Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

There are good Chinese options but really the Moto Gs are great units for that price point and have the benefit of a UK service center which can be handy for less nerdy users.

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭ifeelstupid

ED E wrote: »
    There are good Chinese options but really the Moto Gs are great units for that price point and have the benefit of a UK service center which can be handy for less nerdy users.

He's even less nerdy than me if that's possible so that sounds good. Where is best to buy?

• Advertisement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 479 ✭✭mikeoneilly

https://www.kimovil.com/en/compare/motorola-moto-g-3rd-gen-2gb-16gb,xiaomi-redmi-note-4

the moto g doesn't stack up too well against the newer model xiaomis

you'll get it faster and better warranty from amazon though if you can get a 2GB model at that pricepoint

• Registered Users Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭X6.430macman

To get the xiaomi mi max not or should I wait for the second one which should be here in couple weeks but will cost more??

• Registered Users Posts: 4,243 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

The Moto G is a bit outdated now tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭crossvilla

My wife is looking for a phone and narrowed down to following criteria based on Boards grown knowledge. 5 inch, Band 20, OTA, Android Nougat (not a deal breaker), 32gb+, 3gb+, Global Rom, +/- €200, good battery and from an EU supplier! Phone below seems to hit a lot of of above?

http://www.blablatel.es/products/420?utm_campaign=kimovil_affiliated_traffic&utm_medium=referral&utm_source=kimovil.com&utm_content=xiaomi-redmi-4x-global

crossvilla wrote: »
    My wife is looking for a phone and narrowed down to following criteria based on Boards grown knowledge. 5 inch, Band 20, OTA, Android Nougat (not a deal breaker), 32gb+, 3gb+, Global Rom, +/- €200, good battery and from an EU supplier! Phone below seems to hit a lot of of above?

http://www.blablatel.es/products/420?utm_campaign=kimovil_affiliated_traffic&utm_medium=referral&utm_source=kimovil.com&utm_content=xiaomi-redmi-4x-global

Put the details you want into www.kimovil.com and see what comes up.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,243 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

Can OP or a mod put the kimovil site in the first post? Sick and tired of the same questions coming up.

http://www.devicespecifications.com/

Handy for comparing specs also !!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

eamonnq wrote: »
    http://www.devicespecifications.com/

Handy for comparing specs also !!

Phonearena.com has a decent size comparison tool, although it won't have some of the more esoteric Chinese units.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Can OP or a mod put the kimovil site in the first post? Sick and tired of the same questions coming up.

I can't edit after 48 hrs, been meaning to ask a mod to do it for a few days.

I'll get on it later

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement