Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chinese Android Phones 2 - Read First Post!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

recyclops wrote: »
    Hey, what's the general timeframe customs take to release a phone. Mine is stuck there a few days it seems.

Email your invoice to dmc@revenue.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭X6.430macman

rejkin wrote:
    Just got the xiaomi Redmi note four delivered today from honorbuy. So far so good! Great screen,very responsive and quite a light phone for the size. The 4g works perfectly on it thankfully. The main screen on the operating system miui is a bit different to normal android that I'm used to,not too fond of it yet but I'll keep it for a while. One thing that is weird is when I go to set the region it doesn't have Ireland or with the UK on it,anyone run into that issue? Doesn't seem to affect anything but still.

Does it have band 20 and what gb is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭rejkin

Does it have band 20 and what gb is it?

I got the global version,it has band 20 and is the 4gb ram,64gb version. I made sure that band 20 was outlined in the phones description.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭Trond

rejkin wrote: »
    Just got the xiaomi Redmi note four delivered today from honorbuy.
    So far so good! Great screen,very responsive and quite a light phone for the size.
    The 4g works perfectly on it thankfully.
    The main screen on the operating system miui is a bit different to normal android that I'm used to,not too fond of it yet but I'll keep it for a while.
    One thing that is weird is when I go to set the region it doesn't have Ireland or with the UK on it,anyone run into that issue? Doesn't seem to affect anything but still.

Used them today. How long did it take you to receive? I used the EU DHL/EMS option.

Trond wrote: »
    Used them today. How long did it take you to receive? I used the EU DHL/EMS option.

Ordered it Sunday,got it this morning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭X6.430macman

rejkin wrote:
    Ordered it Sunday,got it this morning.

Wow that is quick..what was the postage for it?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,243 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

It's that time again.......

Took a gamble on the Umi Touch here

92 Euro in total! customs should be 20ish, most eu warehouses have it at 149 etc, sure I could sell my Galaxy Note 3 for more.

Liked the fact it can be flashed to different OS easily and apparently has a seperate GPS receiver, decent battery and a processor which wont eat it.....mostly was the price, I had the Umi super before and cracked the screen...actually its still at home:pac: thought the coverage wasnt great, turns out its my jobs location :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,964 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Good deal that. Nice spot

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Does any of the xiaomi phones support android pay though? I know there's a load of issues with any phone from China. No root, no custom ROMs, etc.

I'd like to know which support it before I park on the NFC boat.

Wow that is quick..what was the postage for it?

They only offered one which was nearly 30€.
    Expensive but it was still a good price for the phone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,851 ✭✭✭budgemook

92 Euro in total! customs should be 20ish, most eu warehouses have it at 149 etc, sure I could sell my Galaxy Note 3 for more.

Liked the fact it can be flashed to different OS easily and apparently has a seperate GPS receiver, decent battery and a processor which wont eat it.....mostly was the price, I had the Umi super before and cracked the screen...actually its still at home:pac: thought the coverage wasnt great, turns out its my jobs location :D

How are you finding it? My wife is looking for a new phone and doesn't want to spend too much. She is worried about battery life mainly. You say it's decent, how long are you getting from it?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,243 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

budgemook wrote: »
    How are you finding it? My wife is looking for a new phone and doesn't want to spend too much. She is worried about battery life mainly. You say it's decent, how long are you getting from it?

Only ordered it today, ill let you know.

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭Munsterbhoy

Only ordered it today, ill let you know.

will it work out of the box with an Irish sim .

will it work out of the box with an Irish sim .

Yep.

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭Sasso

Hi, will I get hit with customs on this ? And if so about how much etc or how does it work , please ?.

https://www.tinydeal.com/xiaomi-redmi-pro-64gb-rom-helio-x25-deca-core-android-60-4g-phone-p-160999.html

Also, there are some from an EU warehouse, so do these avoid customs charges ?.
    TIA

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Sasso wrote: »
    Hi, will I get hit with customs on this ? And if so about how much etc or how does it work , please ?.

https://www.tinydeal.com/xiaomi-redmi-pro-64gb-rom-helio-x25-deca-core-android-60-4g-phone-p-160999.html

TIA

EU Warehouse, no customs. Its built into the price.

Non-EU Warehouse, probably around 23% and maybe a handling fee if the carrier pays the charge for you. DHL have none that before for me so I had to pay the 23% and a €10 handling fee.

Sasso wrote: »

TIA

For anything outside the EU do this:

Item Price + Shipping Price * 1.23
    + E7 for AnPost
    + E5-15 for Couriers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Just wondering if anyone on here has used geekbuying.com and if they are any good.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,964 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Just wondering if anyone on here has used geekbuying.com and if they are any good.

I've bought smaller items from them .. tv boxes etc with no issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭tonc76

Hi,

I'm looking at getting this phone

https://www.kimovil.com/en/where-to-buy-xiaomi-redmi-note-44gb-64gb-global

There only appears to be one store on that list in the EU. Anyone care to offer advice before I pull the trigger?

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭Sasso

tonc76 wrote: »
    Hi,

There only appears to be one store on that list in the EU. Anyone care to offer advice before I pull the trigger?

Thanks

have you link to shop please ??
    Price please ??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭wiz569

Hi,

Thanks

If you mean Honorbuy then there are safe enough, lots on here have used them

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

I've used them for phones and tablets, they're sound

• Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭Glen_Quagmire

Are there any phones under 100 worth buying ?

Hi,

Thanks

That's the one I got last week,using it now. Great phone,bought it from honorbuy.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭Wombatman

I've been avoiding Mediatek because of poor GPS. Where did you find the info about separate GPS chip? Looks like this phone still has GPS issues.

http://community.umidigi.com/thread-2674-1-1.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

What are the best sites for getting phones from European warehouses? If I order a phone, I want to get it as quickly as possible with the least amount of hassle.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭tonc76

rejkin wrote: »
    That's the one I got last week,using it now. Great phone,bought it from honorbuy.

Re usability, were you able to copy apps from your existing phone (assuming it was an android) to your new phone? I have an email app from work (mobileiron) so need to know if that'll work on the new phone as otherwise it's a non runner.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 foxborough

Are there any phones under 100 worth buying ?

I bought the Cubot Note S as a stopgap measure (while waiting to become eligble for an upgrade) for a few months and found it to be a fine phone. Costs about £70 sterling on Amazon.

I passed it on to my kid as his first phone and he is delighted with it

• Advertisement

Re usability, were you able to copy apps from your existing phone (assuming it was an android) to your new phone? I have an email app from work (mobileiron) so need to know if that'll work on the new phone as otherwise it's a non runner.

I didn't do it for this one and it didn't ask for that option but everything i have is backed up on my Gmail accounts so I didn't really have an issue.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement