Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chinese Android Phones 2 - Read First Post!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Jo Satan

Is the ZUK Z2 still a good buy?
    I like the size and the look of it, similar to the oneplus x??

Does it make any difference if it is a CN version?

Has anyone ordered from onedigitals.com? It's hard to find the phone in black elsewhere.

https://ie.onedigitals.com/products/lenovo-zuk-z2-dual-64gb-4g-lte-titanium-black-z2131-unlocked-cn-version

• Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭Glen_Quagmire

Lads, what is the best price a Xiaomi Mi5 can be got from EU Warehouse?

I don't fancy ordering from China due to the long delivery times.

Also, how much better is the Mi5 over the Redmi Note 4 or Redmi Note Pro as the three of them seem to be getting good reviews.

Anyone have any experience with these phones?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

https://www.kimovil.com/en/ is all you need.

depends what you want it for

I was looking on Kimovil but specs will only tell you so much.

Anyone have any hands on experience with these phones?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,243 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

Wombatman wrote: »
    I've been avoiding Mediatek because of poor GPS. Where did you find the info about separate GPS chip? Looks like this phone still has GPS issues.

http://community.umidigi.com/thread-2674-1-1.html

Check the ad itself, on the pictures there's something about GPS.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

My current phone has developed a problem with the power button so I decided to pick up a cheap interim phone to last me a couple of months until I can get something decent. Decided to go with the Leagoo T1 plus from GearBest as it was going for 99 dollars in a flash sale (It's out of stock now) from their EU warehouse.

http://www.gearbest.com/cell-phones/pp_415740.html

Not an amazing spec on the screen but the 3GB RAM will more than do me for my light usage.

I'll let you know how I get on delivery-wise and how well the phone works.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,482 ✭✭✭irishgeo

anyone with a honor 8 or 8 pro willing to give a review?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,935 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

irishgeo wrote: »
    anyone with a honor 8 or 8 pro willing to give a review?
    Search for them on Gizchina, their reviews are about as reliable as it gets for Chinese stuff...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,665 ✭✭✭54and56

Wombatman wrote: »
    I've been avoiding Mediatek because of poor GPS. Where did you find the info about separate GPS chip? Looks like this phone still has GPS issues.

http://community.umidigi.com/thread-2674-1-1.html

I've an UMi Z Pro with the MediaTek Helio X27 (MT6797X) chip and I haven't experienced any GPS issues at all. I had the same concerns as you as my son had an UMi Plus which had terrible GPS performance but the Z (and Z Pro) have a new chip which seems to play nice with GPS and I rely on it a lot for Navigation etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭abarkie

What are people's opinions of lenovo p2?

Dual SIM but available via 3 in the uk

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭lafors

Liking this....
    https://www.kimovil.com/en/where-to-buy-xiaomi-mi-max-2

Rocks a 5300mah battery running a snapdragon 625! It'll last days with that! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

lafors wrote: »
    Liking this....
    https://www.kimovil.com/en/where-to-buy-xiaomi-mi-max-2

Rocks a 5300mah battery running a snapdragon 625! It'll last days with that! :eek:

€300 odd though, the first one was a bit cheaper when it launched

• Registered Users Posts: 38,388 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Got the Oukitel k6000+ two weeks ago. It's extremely fast, like instantly opening apps all the time. Battery is superb too.

The apps that come pre-loaded are not so great, had to out a good bit of effort in to get it as I like it.

Overall I'm very happy I have to say.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,243 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

eagle eye wrote: »
    Got the Oukitel k6000+ two weeks ago. It's extremely fast, like instantly opening apps all the time. Battery is superb too.

The apps that come pre-loaded are not so great, had to out a good bit of effort in to get it as I like it.

Overall I'm very happy I have to say.

I loved mine until the it started charging reallyyyyyyyy slow, hopefully that doesn't happen to you.

About the pull the trigger on a Xiaomi Mi5, looking on Kimovil here and I don't see 800 Mhz in connectivity.

Does that mean it doesn't support 4G?

Networks

2G

1800 MHz
    1900 MHz
    850 MHz
    900 MHz

3G

1700/2100 MHz
    1900 MHz
    2100 MHz
    850 MHz
    900 MHz

4G LTE

1800 MHz
    2100 MHz
    2600 MHz

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

About the pull the trigger on a Xiaomi Mi5, looking on Kimovil here and I don't see 800 Mhz in connectivity.

Does that mean it doesn't support 4G?

50% 4G coverage. Full 3G coverage.

ED E wrote:
    50% 4G coverage. Full 3G coverage.

Would it be safe to assume good 4G coverage in Dublin?

Also, is 3G sufficient these days for streaming etc without buffering?

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Would it be safe to assume good 4G coverage in Dublin?

Also, is 3G sufficient these days for streaming etc without buffering?

Stephens Green? Yes. Malahide, Clontarf, The Naul? Maybe maybe not.

Totally depends on how busy the cell is.

ED E wrote:
    Stephens Green? Yes. Malahide, Clontarf, The Naul? Maybe maybe not.

ED E wrote:
    Totally depends on how busy the cell is.

So would I be better off going with something that has full 4G coverage?

Anything better than the Xiaomi Mi5? The Mi5 is 250 euro delivered from EU Warehouse

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭smilerf

Lads my Leagoo Shark fell from the counter and is gone to heaven. Need a replacement. Looking for opinions please

I've bad hands so I need big phone 6 inch plus
    3gb ram
    Good screen
    Bigger battery the better
    Good 4g
    Can go to 250
    Eu warehouse

Thanks lads

• Advertisement

Lads any thoughts on the Motorola Motorola G5 for 190 euro?

Specs don't look amazing but seems to be getting good reviews and it's predecessor the G4 was very popular.

Mainly be used for browsing, YouTube, Spotify very little games

It's nothing special, poor enough cpu.

It's the best you'll get from a bricks and mortar store here.
    Much better spec from China tbh.

RossieMan wrote:
    It's nothing special, poor enough cpu.

RossieMan wrote:
    It's the best you'll get from a bricks and mortar store here. Much better spec from China tbh.

Any chance you could name a few please?

I've been on Kimovil and other sites looking non stop and my head is busted.

I have read that looking at specs can be misleading, for example, one of the top rated phones on Kimovil is the LeEco Pro 3 with 9.7 satisfaction rating, however I read the operating system isn't good and a Lenovo P2 would be a better choice.

But by comparison the P2 looks a lot weaker than most top rated phones on Kimovil

What exactly are you looking for?

I'm after ordering a Lenovo Moto G5 Plus from Amazon Germany for 280 euro.

I was going to go with the Lenovo P2 which is very similar spec to the Moto G5 Plus but the G5 has Android 7 Nougat so that's what swung it for me, although the battery on the P2 looks impressive.

I know some of the Chinese phones such as Xiaomi Mi5, Zuk Z2, LeEco etc have better specs on paper but the G5 Plus should work straight out of the box without messing around with flashing ROMs etc.

The G5 Plus looks good from the specs and it's getting very good reviews for a mid priced phone so hopefully I made the right decision.

I understand it'll work out of box, but that's oneplus territory. Very expensive for the spec you get.

Also not Chinese so no point discussing it here ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

RossieMan wrote: »
    I understand it'll work out of box, but that's oneplus territory. Very expensive for the spec you get.

Also not Chinese so no point discussing it here ;)

Come on now, at the very least stating why someone chose a viable alternative to a Chinese phone is on topic

RossieMan wrote:

RossieMan wrote:
    Also not Chinese so no point discussing it here

I was on this thread because I was researching and considering a number of Chinese phones but decided to go with an alternative and explained my reasons for it so my post fits perfectly into this thread for other people to see who may be on the lookout for a new mid range android phone.

If the G5 Plus is expensive for the spec, what would you have chosen yourself instead if you don't mind sharing?

I just fecking hate the Moto range. It's just so easy, people paying for.crappy spec'd phones just because they have stock android.

It's fierce hard to link from the phone, but a simply search of Ali will find you 5-10 brands which have much better spec for the money. Xiaomi, meizu, leco, oneplus,there's literally a field of choices.

• Advertisement

RossieMan wrote:
    It's fierce hard to link from the phone, but a simply search of Ali will find you 5-10 brands which have much better spec for the money. Xiaomi, meizu, leco, oneplus,there's literally a field of choices.

Yeah a quick search of Kimovil will tell you all the popular brands, what specific model would you choose instead of the G5 Plus?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement