Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chinese Android Phones 2 - Read First Post!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,964 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Johemian wrote: »
    Is the volume higher on the Chinese androids against our own with the EU volume law or do the phones​ recognise they're in Europe and update with the volume limit?

That depends on the device really, but you could install the likes of Dolby Atmos or Viper to increase the volume.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Johemian

GBX wrote: »
    That depends on the device really, but you could install the likes of Dolby Atmos or Viper to increase the volume.

Thanks for that!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭Scotty #

Can anyone recommend a site to purchase the Xiaomi Note 4 (4GB Version) please?

Also, what's the difference between 'Global Version' and 'International Version'? I see some site offering a choice.

Nevermind... I read back a few pages.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Scotty # wrote: »
    Can anyone recommend a site to purchase the Xiaomi Note 4 (4GB Version) please?

Also, what's the difference between 'Global Version' and 'International Version'? I see some site offering a choice.

I just bought one off honorbuy for my wife. €186 for the 3GB/32GB global version.

• Advertisement

Yea mines for the Mrs too. I'm going all out for the 4GB/64GB version.

I'm a bit torn though between it and the Ulefone Power 2

• Registered Users Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭X6.430macman

fixxxer wrote:
    I just bought one off honorbuy for my wife. €186 for the 3GB/32GB global version.

Does that include postage or what is it coming to altogether

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭peaceboi

Bought the xiaomi note 4 32gb from aliexpress xiaomi store, 139e, but paid 42e vat + handling fee today at anpost!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Does that include postage or what is it coming to altogether

Including postage from the EU warehouse

Had a voucher for €10 off but you can see the breakdown there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭X6.430macman

fixxxer wrote:
    Had a voucher for €10 off but you can see the breakdown there.

That's seems pretty good..was hoping to go for a phone like that soon

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭peaceboi

Has anyone here bought from eglobalcentral.eu?
    Are they reliable?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,964 ✭✭✭✭GBX

peaceboi wrote: »
    Has anyone here bought from eglobalcentral.eu?
    Are they reliable?

They haven't been mentioned a huge amount in relation to Chinese phones but there's a big thread on boards about them in the photography section. Great prices, sometimes stock is an issue but a lot of people have bought with success.

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭D_turbo

After 19 months of trouble free using my note 3 took a fall and smashed.
    Orderd note 4 from gizchina EU stock.
    Orderd at 11pm Monday, was here at 2pm weds.
    Amazing service.

Phone itself is brilliant for the money once again. Have 4g when I never had with the note 4.
    Camera is still meh but over all very good phone.

Slight issue if anyone could help?
    When I get any notification eh SoundCloud, messenger, fb etc the notification bar displays "...." As if I have to many other notifications which I might only have just the one?

Anyone any ideas? Have to drag down to see what the notification is for?

Thanks in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭Slunk

Hi, I'm looking at this as an option to replace my oneplus one.

https://www.honorbuy.com/1108-xiaomi-redmi-4x-prime-international-version-32gb-black.html

Is it much of an upgrade and also would be be any issue using this model in Canada?
    If not, would anyone recommend an upgrade from oneplus one for a similar price.
    TIA

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Slunk wrote: »
    Hi, I'm looking at this as an option to replace my oneplus one.

https://www.honorbuy.com/1108-xiaomi-redmi-4x-prime-international-version-32gb-black.html

Is it much of an upgrade and also would be be any issue using this model in Canada?
    If not, would anyone recommend an upgrade from oneplus one for a similar price.
    TIA

http://willmyphonework.net/

The Canadians use B13 for long range coverage, as you guessed it, canadas huge, so you'll have lower 4G coverage. Getting a chinese handset that has full 4G coverage there will likely be difficult.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,248 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Any of these managed to crack a good camera yet? For my last couple this has been the only difference I notice from flagships in day to day use

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭The_Shotz

Any of these managed to crack a good camera yet? For my last couple this has been the only difference I notice from flagships in day to day use

Does the mi5 not have a great camera. Just reading and watching reviews of it and the camera is the one thing that they say stands out. Which rivals galaxy s7 and iPhone 7.

I'm in the market for a new phone myself and I am exploring the Chinese phones as an alternative to the the known flagships.

Anyone have experience with the mi5 camera?

One thing important to me on a phone is the camera.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭trixiebust

For anyone on a tight budget, I was recommended the Redmi 4x here a few weeks ago.
    There's no comparison between this, and what you'd pick up in Carphone Warehouse for similar money. Delighted with it.

Thanks for the recommendation.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Bahanaman

Where did you buy it Trixie?

Bahanaman wrote:
    Where did you buy it Trixie?

AliExpress. Took about a month to get here, € 125 including customs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Missed this before. As expected:
    Chinese conglomerate LeEco is laying off a majority of its US workforce, the company announced today. Around 70 percent, or 325 employees, will be cut from its Stateside operations, with LeEco citing a lack of funding as the reason for the reduction. The company will keep operating in the US, but with a ?focus on the narrower segment of Chinese-speaking households,? according to CNET. The news comes just a few days after CEO Jia Yueting announced he was stepping down from running Leshi, LeEco?s holding company, in order to focus on LeEco.

https://www.theverge.com/2017/5/23/15680700/leeco-layoffs-problems-faraday-future-funding

• Registered Users Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭Slunk

trixiebust wrote: »
    AliExpress. Took about a month to get here, € 125 including customs.

Would you have a link to the seller please?

fixxxer wrote: »

Well whatever about the phone, I'm impressed with Honorbuy.com. Ordered it late Friday night and just got a text from DHL telling me it will be here in the morning. OK, it's €30 for delivery but that's good service.

Slunk wrote: »
    Would you have a link to the seller please?

Got mine here. Comes with a free case, it's rubbish. Got another on Ali for € 3.

Phone..

Original Xiaomi Redmi 4X 4 X Mobile Phone Snapdragon 435 Octa Core CPU 2GB RAM 16GB ROM 5.0" 13MP Camera 4100mAh MIUI 8.2
    http://s.aliexpress.com/bMzIbiIv
    (from AliExpress Android)

Case..
    Xiaomi Redmi 4X Case Carbon Style Protective Back Cover TPU Silicon Case For Xiaomi Redmi 4X Pro 5.0" Mobile Phone
    http://s.aliexpress.com/UjYNVnMR
    (from AliExpress Android)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭914

Anyone have an experience with the xiaomi mi5? Currently on the look out for a new phone and I am looking at the mi5. The usual flagships such as samsung etc have just gone way to expensive, there the mi5 looks on paper as a great alternative flagship.

Would like to hear some user experiences before committing to the purchase.

Also looking to purchase either on honorbuy or gearbest, are both sites reliable?

• Registered Users Posts: 783 ✭✭✭Berberis

I'm also looking at the XiaoMi Mi5 64GB 4G Smartphone ?-?INTERNATIONAL VERSION?WHITE on Gearbest.
    http://www.gearbest.com/cell-phones/pp_452989.html?wid=4
    Comes in at $199.99 dollars with promo. and then $5 insurance

When it comes to shipping it offers
    Available Shipping Methods Estimated Shipping Time Shipping Cost (weight:0.36 kg)
    Flat Rate Shipping 10 - 20 business day $0.00
    SingPost Registered 10 - 45 business days $0.72
    Europe Registered 10 - 20 business days $0.00
    Add Shipping Insurance to your order $5.00

Which registered post should i pick singpost or Europe and are thes estimated shipping times accurate.
    Will I have to pay a custom charge and roughly how much

Never bought from gearbest before so unsure about the finer details

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭D_turbo

Berberis wrote: »
    I'm also looking at the XiaoMi Mi5 64GB 4G Smartphone ?-?INTERNATIONAL VERSION?WHITE on Gearbest.

Available Shipping Methods Estimated Shipping Time Shipping Cost (weight:0.36 kg)

Which registered post should i pick singpost or Europe and are thes estimated shipping times accurate.

I'd pick Europe. And insure
    Times are usually fairly accurate. Majority stuff IV ordered has arrived later rather then earlier.

Customs will be 23%+6€/15€ fee usually

Ps . Is the 239$ already including promo?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Berberis wrote: »

Would you not check to see if they have it in stock in the EU Warehouse? It'll be more expensive but you'll get it within a week and you don't have to mess with custom charges.

D_turbo wrote: »
    I'd pick Europe. And insure
    Times are usually fairly accurate. Majority stuff IV ordered has arrived later rather then earlier.

Customs will be 23%+6€/15€ fee usually

Ps . Is the 239$ already including promo?

Hi thanks for reply The price before promo is $223.99 and the promo is GBMi5H (or Mi56GBF) which brings it to $199.99 plus the $5 insurance and $0.72 postage.
    It is posted in the Boards Gearbest coupon codes

• Advertisement

Would you not check to see if they have it in stock in the EU Warehouse? It'll be more expensive but you'll get it within a week and you don't have to mess with custom charges.

Sent them a query about this and should have a reply within 24 hrs thanks

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement