Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chinese Android Phones 2 - Read First Post!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 783 ✭✭✭Berberis

Cheers the international version it is so.
    Thanks everyone for their help over last couple of days,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭X6.430macman

fixxxer wrote:
    Its the hardware, not the software that means you can use 4G.

Thanks a mill..that helps

Changed my mind again. Thought the note would be too big fto carry around in my pocket so I ordered the
    Xiaomi Redmi 4X Prime International Version 3GB 32GB Black
    with a Tempered Glass Screen Protector, a Ultra-Thin TPU Gel Rubber Soft Skin Case Cover and a Flip Leather Case.
    Total all in and delivery was $196 around €180.
    Hopefully I'll be learning all about these android phones by middle of next week :):):):)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭beans

'Tis a grand aul phone :)

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭BobPresto

Ignore. Didn't check the delivery price:o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Ordered a xiaomi note 4 4gb version yesterday. Had a note 2 for a course of years now, great phone but the battery has always been a pain in the arse. Paid 140 with free delivery. Customs possible but still worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭Scotty #

RossieMan wrote: »
    Paid 140 with free delivery. Customs possible but still worth it.

Ordered my Redmi Note 4 last Friday night from Honorbuy and it arrived 9AM Tuesday morning with DHL. For €30 delivery with no chance of custom charges, I think it's well worth it.

But how much did you pay?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

My Xiaomi Note 4 arrived from geekbuying Spanish store a week after purchase.
    On first use, its relatively smooth and Google play is installed.
    The anatutu reading was about 75,000.

In all, it took me less than 20 minutes to get it set up and my apps reinstalled.

its comes with Miui 8.

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭Hayezer

How likely is it to get done for customs when ordering from Banggood using the free delivery or the express mail service? Mi5 is 198 euro with them, very tempting compared to the EU warehouse prices.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,964 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Hayezer wrote: »
    How likely is it to get done for customs when ordering from Banggood using the free delivery or the express mail service? Mi5 is 198 euro with them, very tempting compared to the EU warehouse prices.

It depends on who is at the post depot. There's no guarantee even if its marked at a lesser value or as a remote control on the customs declaration that it wont get stopped.

Took delivery of my phone at lunch time today. That is super fast delivery I have to say. Just over 36 hours from when I ordered it.
    Fun begins later when I get home to look at my friend Google in how to set it up and transfer all my contacts and other stuff from windows phone.��������

Right first problem for a novice. Hopefully someone can help me out or direct to a thread for total novice like me.

Turned on the phone and on top of list of languages is MIUI8 then a load of languages to selct, I selected English (United Kingdom) Then on next page to choose region there is no Ireland or United kKingdom loads of other european countries france germay italy etc and nearly every other country in the world to choose from but no Ireland.

I googled the problem and read some suggestions about choosing Ghana or Morroco as they are same time zone but wouls like advice from boardsies if possible before I selct a country.
    Thanks in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭wiz569

Berberis wrote: »
    Right first problem for a novice. Hopefully someone can help me out or direct to a thread for total novice like me.

Turned on the phone and on top of list of languages is MIUI8 then a load of languages to selct, I selected English (United Kingdom) Then on next page to choose region there is no Ireland or United kKingdom loads of other european countries france germay italy etc and nearly every other country in the world to choose from but no Ireland.

I googled the problem and read some suggestions about choosing Ghana or Morroco as they are same time zone but wouls like advice from boardsies if possible before I selct a country.
    Thanks in advance

Just pick any other european country it wont make a difference

Cheers seen this link on how to set up a different Redmi
    Would these be good reflection on what to do

• Closed Accounts Posts: 877 ✭✭✭jk23

How long does Post take from China on aliexpress usually? Thank you, I am sure this has been asked before but would appreciate a reply. Thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 7,456 ✭✭✭corkie

jk23 wrote: »
    How long does Post take from China on aliexpress usually? Thank you, I am sure this has been asked before but would appreciate a reply. Thank you

It will depend on what you ordered and what shipping method you selected.

Free China Post can take anywhere from 1 month to 3 months. Registered mail will arrive sooner.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 877 ✭✭✭jk23

I gave up on an order before and low and behold it arrived nearly 3 months later like you say!! I ordered off ioffer which seemed to be a lot quicker post. Thank you for replying
    corkie wrote: »
    It will depend on what you ordered and what shipping method you selected.

Free China Post can take anywhere from 1 month to 3 months. Registered mail will arrive sooner.

Cheers seen this link on how to set up a different Redmi
    Would these be good reflection on what to do

Yeah would be a fair enough comparison,just dont pick India as your location :D

And if you want a more "normal" android look then just download the Nova launcher from the play store and enable it.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭eoinpower02

914 wrote:
    Has anyone found the mi5 in black? I was never a fan of white phones!

Have it in black bought it from geekbuying a while back, great phone camera is amazing for the price

• Advertisement

wiz569 wrote: »
    Yeah would be a fair enough comparison,just dont pick India as your location :D

And if you want a more "normal" android look then just download the Nova launcher from the play store and enable it.

why?

India always get the updates first, i always pick India.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Thanks in advance

I picked Spain and then adjusted my time zone in settings to Dublin, London, Lisbon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭abarkie

My Xiaomi Note 4 arrived from geekbuying Spanish store a week after purchase.
    On first use, its relatively smooth and Google play is installed.
    The anatutu reading was about 75,000.

In all, it took me less than 20 minutes to get it set up and my apps reinstalled.

its comes with Miui 8.

How did you get it set in 20 minutes?

What did you use?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

So, anyone else get a new job as a shill for Geekbuying?

RossieMan wrote: »
    why?

India always get the updates first, i always pick India.

I just presumed that by picking India, any localizations or updates would be India specific instead of European variants

• Registered Users Posts: 11,964 ✭✭✭✭GBX

So, anyone else get a new job as a shill for Geekbuying?

Not yet ... What they offer you ??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭buzzwell

Have it in black bought it from geekbuying a while back, great phone camera is amazing for the price

I'm also very interested in these, but would have to have a reasonable camera.

What are you comparing it with?
    I have an S5 and am very happy with the camera.
    (Either I'm easily pleased or things have progressed a lot since that was new!)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

GBX wrote: »
    Not yet ... What they offer you ??

"Hello dear sir. Nice to meet you. This is Sophia Chan from Geekbuying.com, a global online retailer. We mainly sell smartphones, tablet pcs, tv boxes and many other electronics products to all over the world. We have been professional in online shopping for 5 years. Here is our guarantee for customers. http://www.geekbuying.com/promotion/why-buy-from-us
    I'm writing to get in touch to see if you are interested in cooperating with us for sponsored posts in forum. Look forward to your reply. Thank you very much"

Offering sweet **** all at the minute.

Don't like my HTC so if they can replace my LeTV, send on a tristar screwdriver and one of those little roombas I'll consider the offer

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭914

buzzwell wrote: »
    I'm also very interested in these, but would have to have a reasonable camera.

What are you comparing it with?
    I have an S5 and am very happy with the camera.
    (Either I'm easily pleased or things have progressed a lot since that was new!)

Which phone are we talking about here?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭johnytwentyten

Please help, cracking up!
    In the last few weeks my headphone sound keeps knocking off if I'm moving about too much .i.e running,

I thought it was dirt inside the jack so tried cleaning that out,

Now it's stuck in headphone mode and I have looked up some of the "fixes" but nothing has worked, any ideas?

My phone isn't unlocked or anything like that

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement