Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chinese Android Phones 2 - Read First Post!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Sounds like dirt in the headphone jack alright and you've managed to wedge it in there so it things there's headphones in there. Compressed air perhaps?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,964 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Do you have a case that's not letting the jack stay settled in the phone?

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭johnytwentyten

RossieMan wrote: »
    Sounds like dirt in the headphone jack alright and you've managed to wedge it in there so it things there's headphones in there. Compressed air perhaps?

Could be the problem but there definitely seems to be a bug around this according to the mi forum, so wondering if a hard reset would work, think the compressed air could be worth trying first though

GBX wrote: »
    Do you have a case that's not letting the jack stay settled in the phone?

Was thinking this myself so I removed the case and it was still the same, it's annoying because I use the phone a lot for podcasts and music

• Registered Users Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭X6.430macman

So I'm looking at the Redmi note 4x with the global rom but have just noticed that these only come in 32GB configurations.. I would have preferred a 64GB but have to stick to a standard note 4 for that and I have checked and I don't think it has band 20 which I would like.

Wondering now what to do.. should I chance the note 4 and hope it works or go for the 4x which definitely has 4G, ones I was looking at are below. Any help greatly appreciated.
    https://www.honorbuy.com/1078-xiaomi-redmi-note-4x-official-global-rom-32gb-smartphone-gray.html

https://www.honorbuy.com/936-xiaomi-redmi-note-4-64gb-gray.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭Scotty #

I bought a Redmi Note 4 for the Mrs last week. Here's the link. 4GB ROM 64GB RAM. International version with Band 20. It's also the octacore version with the Snapdragon 625 at 2GHz. Ordered it Friday and it was delivered Tuesday. €224.47 in total. Though I'd recommend you pick up a case and tempered glass screen on there while your at it (the phone is quite slippy).

The Mrs absolutely loves it. Lightning fast and great battery life.

Only one minor complaint... if you are using your earphones and make a call the audio is perfect. However if you are already on a call when you plug your earphones in, there is a hissing noise. I think it has something to do with some audio correction software that runs on the phone? It's definitely not a hardware issue. If you quickly toggle the call to loud speaker and off again it corrects it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭X6.430macman

Scotty # wrote:
    4GB ROM 64GB RAM. International version with Band 20. It's also the octacore version with the Snapdragon 625 at 2GHz. Ordered it Friday and it was delivered Tuesday. €224.47 in total. Though I'd recommend you pick up a case and tempered glass screen on there while your at it (the phone is quite slippy).

Thanks for reply..that helps alot

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

abarkie wrote: »
    How did you get it set in 20 minutes?

What did you use?

I just logged into my Gmail account and everything I've downloaded was in "my apps". Just had to install them. Contacts are also backed up to Google

Nice little phone. I put nova launcher on last night which improves the experience but miui is fine .

I got the Helios x20 chip instead of Snapdragon. From my reading it's slightly faster.

Please help, cracking up!
    In the last few weeks my headphone sound keeps knocking off if I'm moving about too much .i.e running,

I thought it was dirt inside the jack so tried cleaning that out,

Now it's stuck in headphone mode and I have looked up some of the "fixes" but nothing has worked, any ideas?

My phone isn't unlocked or anything like that

So did a hard reset on the phone because I'm convinced it's a bug, came back on and the headphone icon was still there, it then went off by itself with no interference from me, this led to the phone not recognising the headphones at all!

I then rebooted the phone and it is now back to the icon being permanently there, so I don't know where to go from here,

If it's any help to any one in a similar situation, I downloaded soundabout from playstore, allows you to pick where you want your audio to come from, such as from earpiece for calls, headphones for media etc, not ideal but better than nothing

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Its likely a hardware failure, TRS jacks often go. Not very robust for the amount of strain they come under.

• Advertisement

ED E wrote: »
    Its likely a hardware failure, TRS jacks often go. Not very robust for the amount of strain they come under.[/quote

Can they be easily replaced?!?!

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

ED E wrote: »
    Its likely a hardware failure, TRS jacks often go. Not very robust for the amount of strain they come under.

Can they be easily replaced?!?!

Could have mentioned what phone you're talking about, anyways.
    Hi, I have two covers for my redmi note 3 pro prime,

Its part of the motherboard. Difficult to replace without killing other components, not worth it on a cheaper phone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 571 ✭✭✭pcuser

I bought the Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 Pro special version Global ROM from Here a few weeks back and found the browser quiet slow, I could put a page in to the address bar and wait from 10 to 40 seconds for the page to load. I factory reset my phone during the week but still have the same problem. I have tried a few different browsers but it always slow.

Does anyone have any idea why this is? My Wife has an iPhone 5s and my son has a Huawei G6. They never have this problem. Our BB speeds is a constant 30 mb. I have tried on both 2.4 Ghz and 5 Ghz. It also seems to be the same if I am using wifi in public places so its not my router or interference from nearby routers.

A few more pics

• Registered Users Posts: 7,456 ✭✭✭corkie

pcuser wrote: »
    I bought the Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 Pro special version Global ROM from Here a few weeks back and found the browser quiet slow, I could put a page in to the address bar and wait from 10 to 40 seconds for the page to load. I factory reset my phone during the week but still have the same problem. I have tried a few different browsers but it always slow.

First of all, you paid to much for that MediaTek version!
    Second you have a Vendor rom.

You should flash an official rom to resolve your problems.

corkie wrote: »
    First of all, you paid to much for that MediaTek version!
    Second you have a Vendor rom.

You should flash an official rom to resolve your problems.

Thank you for the very fast reply Corkie. To be honest reflashing terrifies me. I have found so many different guides and Im not too sure which to use. Is there any guide you can recommend to me and I can start?

SOrry just saw the youtube link now. Thank You

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

He's linked a video tutorial

I can't see my folders when I connect my Redmond note to my laptop..it's running win10.

I have reflashed to the latest version ( nikel_global_images_V8.2.1.0.MBFMIDL_20170424.0000.00_6.0_global) and its still pretty much the same, Getting on to a website takes about 20/30 seconds, When im on the website its not as slow to click to other parts of the site.

I have tried using the stock browser, dolphin and firefox on 2.4 Ghz and 5Ghz. My ping is 11ms and speed is 27 mbs atm. Does anyone have any other suggestions? No on else in the house has this problem

• Advertisement

I have reflashed to the latest version ( nikel_global_images_V8.2.1.0.MBFMIDL_20170424.0000.00_6.0_global) and its still pretty much the same, Getting on to a website takes about 20/30 seconds, When im on the website its not as slow to click to other parts of the site.

I have tried using the stock browser, dolphin and firefox on 2.4 Ghz and 5Ghz. My ping is 11ms and speed is 27 mbs atm. Does anyone have any other suggestions? No on else in the house has this problem
    My browser is slow as well. Not flashed it yet.

I can't see my folders when I connect my Redmond note to my laptop..it's running win10.

You should have got notification when you attached your device to PC, click on it and choose MTP mode.

If your not seeing the device at all, then you may need to reconfigure drivers in W10!

There was a bad W10 update in March that effect MTP mode!

My browser is slow as well. Not flashed it yet.
    Thanks Tatranska. Maybe I'm expecting too much from the phone.I did not think that an iPhone 5s would be much faster at browsing though.

Thanks Tatranska. Maybe I'm expecting too much from the phone.I did not think that an iPhone 5s would be much faster at browsing though.

Doing a bit of reading on XDA, it seems to be an issue with redmi. I saw you can turn off optimisation in developer mode. Mines a bit faster.

Doing a bit of reading on XDA, it seems to be an issue with redmi. I saw you can turn off optimisation in developer mode. Mines a bit faster.

Thanks Tatranska,

I have tried that but it still takes at least 40 seconds for a webpage to appear in the broswer after I have typed in the address and pressed enter. The stock browser seems to be ever so slightly faster but still over 35 seconds.

To say im disappointed with this phone is an under statement. I upgraded from a Huawei G6 which is a 3 yr old phone and much faster.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

Was there not a hardware issue with Bluetooth and Wi-Fi?

They use the same frequency and work against each other or something. Nothing to do with the phone manufacturer, blame was with the chip manufacturers.

Try turning off data, Wi-Fi and Bluetooth, reboot and enable Wi-Fi.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭buzzwell

WTF. That's turned me off that phone!!

jozi wrote: »
    Was there not a hardware issue with Bluetooth and Wi-Fi?

They use the same frequency and work against each other or something. Nothing to do with the phone manufacturer, blame was with the chip manufacturers.

Try turning off data, Wi-Fi and Bluetooth, reboot and enable Wi-Fi.

Thanks Jozi, I have tried that but still no luck. Its still taking a long time for pages to load.

buzzwell wrote: »
    WTF. That's turned me off that phone!!

Look at the Snapdragon global version with Band 20 instead!
    Thanks Jozi, I have tried that but still no luck. Its still taking a long time for pages to load.

Seems to be a know problem with the MediaTek version of the Redmi Note 4.
    i.e: - http://en.miui.com/thread-389697-1-1.html

Most people know to stay away from MediaTek devices as there is very limited custom rom support!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

My current phone has developed a problem with the power button so I decided to pick up a cheap interim phone to last me a couple of months until I can get something decent. Decided to go with the Leagoo T1 plus from GearBest as it was going for 99 dollars in a flash sale (It's out of stock now) from their EU warehouse.

http://www.gearbest.com/cell-phones/pp_415740.html

Not an amazing spec on the screen but the 3GB RAM will more than do me for my light usage.

I'll let you know how I get on delivery-wise and how well the phone works.

So I have this two weeks now so I thought I give my impressions. I was coming from a Samsung Galaxy Grand that had developed a lot of bugs over the last couple of months and reception had become close to non-existent on it. This worked out of the box and only took a couple of minutes for Google to do it's thing and all my apps were transported to the phone. I stuck in a 64GB Sim Card - I initially formatted as internal storage but it went a bit odd so I reformatted again and kept it as separate storage - I mainly use it for downloading from Apple Music so it's grand.

It comes loaded with a Custom ROM that mimics iOS and it took a while to get use to it. I was going to change it but at this stage it doesn't bother so I'll leave it. There's a small few preloaded apps that centre around the camera but nothing that takes up much storage so it doesn't bother me them being there. It downloads quickly and I have no real issues with loading times or the like. It has a fingerprint scanner on the back and for the most part it works straight away.

It came in at just over €100 with postage when I bought and it was an absolute bargain at the price. The only problems I had were with initially setting up the SD card, a minor heart attack when it stop charging (which turned out to be a piece of plastic stuck in the slot) and the fact that Mario Run doesn't seem to work on it. If you want something really slick with a bit more juice, you'll be better off spending a bit extra but for what I use my phone for, it suits me grand.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement