Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chinese Android Phones 2 - Read First Post!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

stuchyg wrote: »
    Quick question for you fine folk. Bought an meizu mx4 today from a chap on done deal. Phone is great except it wont recognise mine or my wife's sim. I have had my sim in a THL and IPhone before that. Wife's is in an s5 ATM. Anyone else experience same problem

Can you open it up to get a look at the sim slot?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭stuchyg

I could try. The sim is clicking in and clicking out to release but just not being recognized

I could try. The sim is clicking in and clicking out to release but just not being recognized

Possible the tray is broken from previous owner using a blank adaptor of something. Opening it up to take a look is best way to figure it out

Il give it a bash in the morn. Is there something in particular i would be looking for

6 golden pins in the slot, see are any of them damaged looking

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,499 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

Keep getting ads for amazon popping up on my phone, anyone know where they come from?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Keep getting ads for amazon popping up on my phone, anyone know where they come from?

Google ads and boards.ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,001 ✭✭✭✭GBX

From an app recently installed? Install any just be downloading the apk ?

GBX wrote: »
    From an app recently installed? Install any just be downloading the apk ?

Nothing installed a few updated though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,001 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Are they coming up as a separate ad or within another?

• Advertisement

GBX wrote: »
    Are they coming up as a separate ad or within another?

It just pops up anywhere on any app, if I click it it opens up in CM browser.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭pajor

Any ideas on the easiest way to sell my Jiayu G4? Unfortunately it doesn't really work here in NL. Most networks broadcast 3G on 900mhz and the phone only picks up 2100. Pity, such a great phone.

Sort of want to sell my Chinese tablet too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

pajor wrote: »
    Any ideas on the easiest way to sell my Jiayu G4? Unfortunately it doesn't really work here in NL. Most networks broadcast 3G on 900mhz and the phone only picks up 2100. Pity, such a great phone.

Put it up on Adverts.ie.

Put it up on Adverts.ie.

Was thinking of that. Postage would cost a bit though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

I'm sure there will be a Netherlands equivalent.

RossieMan wrote: »

Oh there is. Language is a pain though.

Delivery shouldn't be more than €8-10 from NL

Delivery shouldn't be more than €8-10 from NL

Something like that. Will probably try adverts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 888 ✭✭✭gn3dr

gn3dr wrote: »
    Has anyone ordered and received a Zeaplus M7?
    Was all set to go for P7000 but some reviews put me off. Looking now at Mlais M7, Zeaplus M7 and also maybe Jiayu S3.would have gone for UMI emax or Iron if they had band 20 for 4G. Or the iOcean Rock which has recently been reduced. Hard to decide.

I decided on the iOcean Rock in the end due to the sale price. Bought it from Geekbuying. Didn't want to spend too much as I wasn't sure how I'd get on with 5.5" screen. Bought extra 3000mah battery as well. Phone arived Friday so not a lot of time with it yet. Screen is great and build quality great too. And I love the large screen.

I put 5.1 lollipop on it straight away which was easy to do.

Only bugs so far are that it takes a few mins to find service after switching back from Airplane mode. And battery life. I used the original 2300mah battery the first day and it was dead after 10 hrs. Obviouly usage was heavy on first day so will wait and see. Have the 3000mah battery in now. Speaker sound is lacking some bass as well.

Overall very happy with it pending battery life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,260 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

pajor wrote: »

How much are you looking for it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,284 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Anyone recommend something about the 100€ mark to use as my second phone? At the moment I'm leaning towards the Smart 6 Ultra, but at 169€ that is already top end of my budget, will only use it the odd weekend when I'm home and it will sit at home otherwise

I've found the cheap windows phones to be great for that sort of thing. Calls, texts, whatsapp and viber covered, with a bit of twitter and Web browsing thrown in if you're feeling fancy.

How much are you looking for it?

Dunno, will be a while before I sell it really. Will see then.

My mx4 needs a new sim card slot. Anyone in Dublin do this are is it an order the part myself job.

Wouldn't chance it yourself unless you're good at soldering.

Was the phone sold as broken?

Electronicpartner in Galway fixed a similar problem on my Mi3 for €60

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,480 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

RossieMan wrote: »

Hopefully its better than the Irish one! Absolute shambles of a site. "Swap for my mars bar and bent golf club + 2.50 cash??"

Oh and then there's the time wasters, who make an offer and then never reply to your PM's despite them being online. I had three of those guys on one bloody ad!!

No it wasn't. Even if i have to get it fixed it would owe me under 200 quid so I'm still doing OK i suppose

No it wasn't. Even if i have to get it fixed it would owe me under 200 quid so I'm still doing OK i suppose

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

Maybe try Phone Wizz (01 8943187, phonewizz@gmail.com), 1Moore Street. They fixed a USB socket on a Zopo for me recently without any drama.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

Techmaster wrote: »
    Hopefully its better than the Irish one! Absolute shambles of a site. "Swap for my mars bar and bent golf club + 2.50 cash??"

Oh and then there's the time wasters, who make an offer and then never reply to your PM's despite them being online. I had three of those guys on one bloody ad!!

I'm dreading my next adventure on there. Is donedeal or anyplace else any better?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,480 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

corwill wrote: »
    I'm dreading my next adventure on there. Is donedeal or anyplace any better?

Not really. We need a well-run site here.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement