Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chinese Android Phones 2 - Read First Post!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 783 ✭✭✭Berberis

If I ordered a phone from honorbuy tomorrow what would be the chances I would have it by Thursday? Kind of in a hurry for it and its either order it now or I will have to wait a couple weeks before I'll get a chance
    Just over 36 hours for me week before last http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=103756477&postcount=7065

• Registered Users Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭Slunk

Anyone recommend a phone for the father. Around 100-120. Trying to keep it small. 4.0 screen if possible. He's not a big fan of the big screens. Would like a decent camera. Prefferably EU warehouse. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 4,243 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

Slunk wrote: »
    Anyone recommend a phone for the father. Around 100-120. Trying to keep it small. 4.0 screen if possible. He's not a big fan of the big screens. Would like a decent camera. Prefferably EU warehouse. Thanks

Have a look

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,243 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

Hayezer wrote: »
    Any experience with the brand? Looks a nice phone

Never heard of them :p

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Never heard of them :p

Didn't they used to make Android iPhone clones back in the day? Looked like an iPhone, skinned like an iPhone but was actually android underneath.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭eamonnq

fixxxer wrote: »
    Didn't they used to make Android iPhone clones back in the day? Looked like an iPhone, skinned like an iPhone but was actually android underneath.

Think that might have been GOOPHONE ?

eamonnq wrote: »
    Think that might have been GOOPHONE ?

Ah you're right. I got my GOO confused :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭ricksanchez

Honorbuy shipped my phone this morning - odds I have it by Friday?

Edit - If it matters - DHL Express, from EU warehouse.

• Advertisement

Honorbuy shipped my phone this morning - odds I have it by Friday?

Edit - If it matters - DHL Express, from EU warehouse.

Pretty good I'd say, once the tracking number is active. What does it say on the DHL site?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭ricksanchez

fixxxer wrote: »
    Pretty good I'd say, once the tracking number is active. What does it say on the DHL site?

Not up on DHL yet unfortunately. The shipping e-mail says

"Normally, it will be available to tracked in 24 hours.but now, it is Delivery peak,1-3 days delay is allowed. Thank you for shopping with HonorBuy Mobile Shop!"

EDIT It's up now

"Wednesday, June 21, 2017 Location Time Piece
    1 Shipment information received TRIESTE - ITALY"

• Registered Users Posts: 783 ✭✭✭Berberis

Not up on DHL yet unfortunately. The shipping e-mail says

"Normally, it will be available to tracked in 24 hours.but now, it is Delivery peak,1-3 days delay is allowed. Thank you for shopping with HonorBuy Mobile Shop!"

EDIT It's up now

"Wednesday, June 21, 2017 Location Time Piece
    1 Shipment information received TRIESTE - ITALY"

You might have it tommorow then.
    I ordered mine late on a Wednesday night. On Thursday afternoon I got a text from DHL to say i would have a delivery next day. The tracking number showed it was where yours is but yet on honorbuy they showed it was still being processed.
    Anyway throughout the thursday it went to venice then to germany then by 06:30 friday morning it was in dublin then to Athlone and i took delivery at 12:30pm Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭abarkie

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

abarkie wrote: »

that article says it could be fake.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,964 ✭✭✭✭GBX

No the article says that the 2nd pic is believed to be fake, not so much the actual device.
    I'd imagine its in the pipeline and more info will follow.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

How are Xiaomi-owning boardsies finding MiUi these days?

My last experience was on a Mi3, and I found its RAM management too aggressive, killing apps in the background too vigorously, resulting in not getting notifications, etc. It struggled with basic multitasking, too, didn't like a music player operating while web browsing on Chrome, for instance.

Are there reliable work-arounds in MiUi these days? Or is it even a factor any more?

Or maybe there are custom ROMS which have successfully imported the stock camera app, in which case, I'd be happy enough to root and flash.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

got my Redmi Note 4 today, no customs so a toal of 144 for the 4gb ram 64gb storage version.

Took over 2 weeks from order to delivery. Pretty happy with that.

Setting up the phone now, feels so much better than the note 2 in the hand.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭X6.430macman

RossieMan wrote:
    got my Redmi Note 4 today, no customs so a toal of 144 for the 4gb ram 64gb storage version.

Wow what website you get it off for that price and how much was postage?

Geekbuying.

Postage was free as i opted of snail mail delivered to PM.

Its a risk getting it delivered that way, but its always worked for me so far.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭X6.430macman

Wow that seems like really Good value

• Registered Users Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭horse7

Wow that seems like really Good value

Went with geek buying also,snail mail,took 4 weeks,and had to pay customs.

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Catmologen

corwill wrote: »
    How are Xiaomi-owning boardsies finding MiUi these days?

My last experience was on a Mi3, and I found its RAM management too aggressive, killing apps in the background too vigorously, resulting in not getting notifications, etc. It struggled with basic multitasking, too, didn't like a music player operating while web browsing on Chrome, for instance.

Are there reliable work-arounds in MiUi these days? Or is it even a factor any more?

Or maybe there are custom ROMS which have successfully imported the stock camera app, in which case, I'd be happy enough to root and flash.

I replaced miui with a lineage OS nougat ROM last week on my redmi 3 pro.I'm really impressed with the stability and performance. I didn't need to root the phone either, just unlocked the bootloader before flashing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

Catmologen wrote: »
    I replaced miui with a lineage OS nougat ROM last week on my redmi 3 pro.I'm really impressed with the stability and performance. I didn't need to root the phone either, just unlocked the bootloader before flashing.

Back on my Mi3, I put on a AOSP ROM that worked really well, with the exception of the camera, which wasn't a patch on stock. How are you finding the camera on yours with Lineage?

horse7 wrote:
    Went with geek buying also,snail mail,took 4 weeks,and had to pay customs.

Difference is I used PM. Well worth the extra 4 euro for the time alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭abarkie

RossieMan wrote: »

Took over 2 weeks from order to delivery. Pretty happy with that.

Setting up the phone now, feels so much better than the note 2 in the hand.

Hi

I got the a Redmi Note 4 Global version with Band 20, (4GB/64GB) for GBP £137 on Aliexpress with a silicone case

Order Sun 4th June Arrived Thursday 15th June

No customs

Took best part of a day to set up with apps etc

Need to work out how I can get my micro sd & 2 sims working now (as my adaptor doesn't seem to be working), but got plenty of memory so will be fine for a bit.

Feels better than my Note 3, so far, so good

• Closed Accounts Posts: 869 ✭✭✭mikeybrennan

RossieMan wrote: »
    Difference is I used PM. Well worth the extra 4 euro for the time alone.
    Do PM reject it if theres customs?

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Catmologen

corwill wrote: »
    Back on my Mi3, I put on a AOSP ROM that worked really well, with the exception of the camera, which wasn't a patch on stock. How are you finding the camera on yours with Lineage?

Camera is working fine and the UI is similar to stock android. It seems to be a really stable build so far. Fingerprint sensor seems to work better than with Miui 8 as well, I was surprised by that!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

just ordered https://www.tinydeal.com/lenovo-p2-snapdragon-625-octa-core-55-fhd-android-60-4g-phone-p-164874.html

looking at website reviews am now a little concerned. what are they like as a company, anyone ordered fro them before?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭bidiots

Catmologen wrote: »

For the past few years, I've been out of the loop so to speak with regards flashing, can you list the process you used for the redmi, I need to sort mine out, cheers

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement