Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chinese Android Phones 2 - Read First Post!

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,597 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Seems the Honor 9 is on the way to Europe, officially, with Three in the UK going to sell it.
    Any hope of the networks here hosting it?
    Huawei seems to have popular models on Irish networks, I'd hope it makes it to our market

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭blackwave

Hi all,

I know this is not strictly a Chinese phone, But I am thinking of getting the below Moto G5 Plus and I just want to check how reputable Eglobal are as I don't think I will get a better price than this for one? Thanks!

https://www.eglobalcentral.eu/motorola-moto-g5-plus-xt1685-32gb-4g-dual-sim-sim-free-unlocked-space-gray.html?gclid=Cj0KEQjwhMjKBRDjxb31j-aesI4BEiQA7ivN-OYYdaXs9vr7_U4YOQv3m63N4Pr9PgbQc7fwhuRYO98aAvBA8P8HAQ#

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭914

Im thinking of getting the Xiaomi MI6, any issues I should know about. I assume I go for ther global version.
    Thanks, I did read a good few pages back but there is over 7,000 posts.

From what I can gather the only issue that you may have is that you won't always have 4g coverage. As not all 4g bands are supported by the mi6

If you live in a large urban area, 4g shouldn't be an issue but outside if that you may only have 3g coverage

• Registered Users Posts: 4,243 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

Panthro wrote: »
    Anyone buy from gearbest?
    Looking at phones getting shipped from Hong Kong. Get it delivered here or parcel motel it to the north?

As I've always said about gearbest dont spend more than 50, small items seem to have a good record but spending high can be a risk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

As I've always said about gearbest dont spend more than 50, small items seem to have a good record but spending high can be a risk.

Both a phone from them from their EU warehouse, total cost was about €110. Had it within 3 or 4 days. Had absolutely no problem. What's the risk in spending high with them?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 869 ✭✭✭mikeybrennan

blackwave wrote: »
    Hi all,

I know this is not strictly a Chinese phone, But I am thinking of getting the below Moto G5 Plus and I just want to check how reputable Eglobal are as I don't think I will get a better price than this for one? Thanks!

https://www.eglobalcentral.eu/motorola-moto-g5-plus-xt1685-32gb-4g-dual-sim-sim-free-unlocked-space-gray.html?gclid=Cj0KEQjwhMjKBRDjxb31j-aesI4BEiQA7ivN-OYYdaXs9vr7_U4YOQv3m63N4Pr9PgbQc7fwhuRYO98aAvBA8P8HAQ#

you'd get better value with one of the xiaomi phones

Both a phone from them from their EU warehouse, total cost was about €110. Had it within 3 or 4 days. Had absolutely no problem. What's the risk in spending high with them?

They have a terrible habit of items going missing once dispatched, though I've never had a problem with them....I also haven't spent over 50 with them either.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭914

blackwave wrote: »
    Hi all,

Why not just buy from Amazon? I now it's an extra €30 but for the peace of mind it's surely worth the extra few euro

https://www.amazon.de/gp/aw/d/B06XC6XTG6/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?__mk_de_DE=ÅMÅZÕÑ&qid=1498735165&sr=8-1&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_FMwebp_QL65&keywords=moto+g5+plus&dpPl=1&dpID=41XT2HqV-lL&ref=plSrch

• Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭trixiebust

Does the DHL option, with Hong Kong Goldway on AliExpress guarantee no customs ? Shipping costs €20, as opposed to the normal €3. Messaged the seller two days ago, but no reply.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,456 ✭✭✭corkie

trixiebust wrote: »
    Does the DHL option, with Hong Kong Goldway on AliExpress guarantee no customs ? Shipping costs €20, as opposed to the normal €3. Messaged the seller two days ago, but no reply.

YES! That is there new method for it!

https://www.reddit.com/r/Xiaomi/comments/6k7p7b/does_the_hk_goldway_dhl_dhipping_still_work_to/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭X6.430macman

So my Xiaomi Redmi note 4 international version has landed and playing with it for an hour now and I think I'm in love. Huge step up from my Samsung galaxy core prime and this is also my very first brand new phone believe it or not

So my Xiaomi Redmi note 4 international version has landed and playing with it for an hour now and I think I'm in love. Huge step up from my Samsung galaxy core prime and this is also my very first brand new phone believe it or not

• Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

You can say that again :)

UsedToWait wrote:
    You can say that again

Ha..what region do I use on it??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

Ha..what region do I use on it??

from earlier in the thread..

I picked Spain and then adjusted my time zone in settings to Dublin, London, Lisbon.

UsedToWait wrote:
    from earlier in the thread..

Got it thanks 😀

Well the cheap phone lasted 5 weeks.....woke up this moring to a blue line down the left side of the screen and the bottom of the screen with a big grey blur, the odd non responsive touch too.....experiment failed!:p

Well the cheap phone lasted 5 weeks.....woke up this moring to a blue line down the left side of the screen and the bottom of the screen with a big grey blur, the odd non responsive touch too.....experiment failed!:p

what fone?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭eamonnq

what fone?

It's that time again.......

Took a gamble on the Umi Touch here

92 Euro in total! customs should be 20ish, most eu warehouses have it at 149 etc, sure I could sell my Galaxy Note 3 for more.

Liked the fact it can be flashed to different OS easily and apparently has a seperate GPS receiver, decent battery and a processor which wont eat it.....mostly was the price, I had the Umi super before and cracked the screen...actually its still at home:pac: thought the coverage wasnt great, turns out its my jobs location :D

UMI TOUCH ?

eamonnq wrote: »
    UMI TOUCH ?

Yup 2nd Umi I've had that the screen fecked up, def on my avoid list now.

• Advertisement

are oukitel any good?

are oukitel any good?

Yep I've had 2, loved them both.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭Slunk

Hi, just opening up my global version redmi 4 and in the list of countries Ireland or UK is not there? Should it be and will it make a difference if I choose say, Germany ?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,964 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Slunk wrote: »
    Hi, just opening up my global version redmi 4 and in the list of countries Ireland or UK is not there? Should it be and will it make a difference if I choose say, Germany ?

From earlier in the thread

Quote: Steven Numerous Flare
    I picked Spain and then adjusted my time zone in settings to Dublin, London, Lisbon.

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭vjmcdonnell

Is there a few hardware versions of the Xiaomi MI6 as I have noticed different 4G/LTE radios available.

https://www.honorbuy.com/1134-xiaomi-mi-6-64gb-global-version-3d-glass-body-smartphone-black.html
    This has,
    4G: FDD-LTE B1/B3/B5/B7/B8/B38/B39/B40/B41,CAT.12

And

https://www.honorbuy.com/1125-xiaomi-mi-6-smartphone-multi-languages.html
    This has,
    4G: FDD-LTE B1/B3/B7/B8
    TDD B38/B39/B40/B41

Or is this just the radios been enabled using different "Global" Roms?

Just dont want to buy the wrong one, hopefully they are just Rom differences not hardware.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Doctor Nick

The data connection on my Ulefone metal is gone to crap so looking to invest in a new phone. The Cubot hafury has caught my eye. Has nougat. Is 6" really big for a phone? Anyone got this or got an opinion on it? Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,306 ✭✭✭NATLOR

irishgeo wrote: »
    #

if it has customs due parcel motel wont accept it.

They will accept once the duty is paid in advance

Yes you can shop anywhere in the world and use your Parcel Motel address as your delivery address. However, if you are buying goods from outside the EU please be aware that depending on the value of the item, they may be subject to Customs VAT & Duty Charges. These charges will need to be paid before the carrier will deliver your parcel to Parcel Motel. If the carrier informs us that they have a parcel on hold and they give us the correct details (your name and PMID) we will contact you with the relevant information so that you can organise payment. Parcel Motel does not accept responsibility for any parcels returned to the sender due to unpaid Customs and Excise duties and cannot pay charges on your behalf. We would also recommend that you track your overseas parcel so that you can see if your parcel is being held by Customs.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Or is this just the radios been enabled using different "Global" Roms?

Bands are hardware related not software.

Thanks fixxxer, though that would be the case but wanted to check

• Advertisement

Thanks fixxxer, though that would be the case but wanted to check

I have done some checking and there is currently only one version (hardware) of the MI6, got this from the MI forum. They would know as they can see whats listed on the Xiaomi servers.

http://en.miui.com/thread-674026-1-1.html

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement