Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chinese Android Phones 2 - Read First Post!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 869 ✭✭✭mikeybrennan

is parcel motel fast and reliable for getting Chinese phones delivered?

thinking of going this route

anyone using these adapters for magnetic charging?

are they any good?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,964 ✭✭✭✭GBX

is parcel motel fast and reliable for getting Chinese phones delivered?

thinking of going this route

It can be faster yes. But if there is customs owed they might refuse it. Some people have gotten it through without any issues though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,243 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

The data connection on my Ulefone metal is gone to crap so looking to invest in a new phone. The Cubot hafury has caught my eye. Has nougat. Is 6" really big for a phone? Anyone got this or got an opinion on it? Cheers.

6" is grand not much different from 5.5, tbh it may be a network issue, I'm with 3 and its brutal.

6" is grand not much different from 5.5, tbh it may be a network issue, I'm with 3 and its brutal.

Just checked out the phone, 2GB Ram and a 720 screen on 6 inches seems a bit out dated tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Just checked out the phone, 2GB Ram and a 720 screen on 6 inches seems a bit out dated tbh.

It looks like a total junker tbh. £90 is, IMO, too cheap to get a decent handset. Spending money on something without LTE is crazy in 2017.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Doctor Nick

What about relative to the cost? I honestly can't afford a €200+ phone and the reviews I've read seem positive. But if it's going to cause me more hassle than my metal I might look elsewhere (but within a similar price range).

All I use phone for is calls, texting browsing. Maybe YouTube and I tether to Playstation.

Thanks for reply.

What about relative to the cost? I honestly can't afford a €200+ phone and the reviews I've read seem positive. But if it's going to cause me more hassle than my metal I might look elsewhere (but within a similar price range).

All I use phone for is calls, texting browsing. Maybe YouTube and I tether to Playstation.

Thanks for reply.

https://www.kimovil.com/en/compare-smartphones/f_max_d+eurPrice.120,f_d+only_sale,f_min_d+screenSize.5.4,f_min_dr+value.3072

Check the link there, All under 120, all 4G compatible, and at least 3GB Ram, I left it at 720 resolution as some phones are 5.5 inches.

THL T7 looks great to me for the price.

the K6000 is worth a look

it's got 800mHZ and big battery ,going for 70 euro

https://www.kimovil.com/en/where-to-buy-oukitel-k6000

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭adaephon

Hey guys. Just on my first foray into ordering abroad. Ordered off banggood and got the reminder note 4 3gb.

No issues there. However 3 days later and still appears not to have shipped. Is this normal??

• Advertisement

adaephon wrote: »
    Hey guys. Just on my first foray into ordering abroad. Ordered off banggood and got the reminder note 4 3gb.

No issues there. However 3 days later and still appears not to have shipped. Is this normal??

Yep its working days you have to count.

Can anybody recommend a seller on Aliexpress? Or is Banggood similar, i.e a marketplace rather than a shop? Think I'm gonna get the doogee mix. More expensive than I was initially gonna pay but looks the business.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭eamonnq

Can anybody recommend a seller on Aliexpress? Or is Banggood similar, i.e a marketplace rather than a shop? Think I'm gonna get the doogee mix. More expensive than I was initially gonna pay but looks the business.

I would be inclined to wait for reviews on that phone to start popping up, it is marked as PRESELL at the moment, so is probably not available yet either.

Is GPS important to you ?

eamonnq wrote: »
    I would be inclined to wait for reviews on that phone to start popping up, it is marked as PRESELL at the moment, so is probably not available yet either.

Is GPS important to you ?

I don't really use google maps or anything so GPS wouldn't be a priority for me. Seller on Aliexpress has photos of stock and it says 107 pieces available (although it does say pre sale in the URL). I'm concerned about ordering direct from China, my last 3 phones have all been Chinese androids but I ordered on Amazon UK. While this is listed on amazon (at a vastly inflated price compared to the two sites I mentioned) it's not a FBA item so ships from China.

I'd wait till you get real world reviews on that device. It looks great on paper and could be fine but till you hear the actual niggles with it I would hold on for a bit. Some vendors offer it at a pre sale discount and wont start fulfilling orders till the normal price quota has been met. So if you are in a hurry for a new device this might not suit.

GBX wrote: »
    I'd wait till you get real world reviews on that device. It looks great on paper and could be fine but till you hear the actual niggles with it I would hold on for a bit. Some vendors offer it at a pre sale discount and wont start fulfilling orders till the normal price quota has been met. So if you are in a hurry for a new device this might not suit.

Ok, thanks for the feedback. I didn't realise it was that new. It looks amazing so I might pick up a cheaper phone while keeping an eye on that one.

Anyone have the Xiaomi Redmi 4A? It's a brand I see mentioned here a lot but not sure if this particular model has been commented on. It would be one of the more budget friendly Xiaomi devices.

Ok, thanks for the feedback. I didn't realise it was that new. It looks amazing so I might pick up a cheaper phone while keeping an eye on that one.

Lots of these phones look amazing, but when they actually arrive and get used it can be a different story. Pre-sell should be avoided at all costs in my opinion. Not worth the risk.

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Catmologen

Anyone have the Xiaomi Redmi 4A? It's a brand I see mentioned here a lot but not sure if this particular model has been commented on. It would be one of the more budget friendly Xiaomi devices.

I bought one recently for a relative. Seems like a great phone for 90euro.
    2gb ram, 32gb storage, SD slot or dual sim and band 20 for 4g.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 bertiusMaximus

Does anyone here have the Mi Max or Mi Max 2? What's the performance etc. like?
    Is the extra size manageable or too large to fit in a pocket?

• Advertisement

Catmologen wrote: »
    I bought one recently for a relative. Seems like a great phone for 90euro.
    2gb ram, 32gb storage, SD slot or dual sim and band 20 for 4g.

Thanks. Where did you get it for €90? I've seen it in town but it's either €129 or €159.

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Catmologen

Thanks. Where did you get it for €90? I've seen it in town but it's either €129 or €159.

It was on HUKD a few weeks ago from gearbest.

Local sellers may have paid duty on it already, hence it being dearer. Also you get to bring it home with you rather than wait.
    All down to how soon you need it and your budget.

https://www.kimovil.com/en/where-to-buy-leeco-le-pro-3

what does 'fast charging' mean as against 'quick charge'?

Well the cheap phone lasted 5 weeks.....woke up this moring to a blue line down the left side of the screen and the bottom of the screen with a big grey blur, the odd non responsive touch too.....experiment failed!:p

This took an even worse turn, the blur is now full on black, there are more different coloured lines on the screen and the it has a mind of its own. That's me done with Umi, the phones are brilliant other than their shoddy screens, Bluboo Maya Max on the way now should have it by tomorrow :)

This took an even worse turn, the blur is now full on black, there are more different coloured lines on the screen and the it has a mind of its own. That's me done with Umi, the phones are brilliant other than their shoddy screens, Bluboo Maya Max on the way now should have it by tomorrow :)

Did you contact Tinydeal regarding warranty ?

Did you contact Tinydeal regarding warranty ?

Nope, too much hassle tbh :p

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

https://www.kimovil.com/en/where-to-buy-leeco-le-pro-3

what does 'fast charging' mean as against 'quick charge'?

I guess Kimovil may be using the term fast charging to indicate QC or VOOC or DASH.

Its QC3.

Nope, too much hassle tbh :p

I meant for entertainment purposes !!

• Advertisement

I meant for entertainment purposes !!

I might make a complaint and when they fob me off go to paypal and make a request for a refund ;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement