Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chinese Android Phones 2 - Read First Post!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,851 ✭✭✭budgemook

budgemook wrote: »

Pulled the trigger on this from AliExpress. And now we wait :rolleyes:

Can someone remind me how much customs is likely to be?

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭gercoral

and any idea if this phone would work on vodafone network..or how would i find out??
    http://www.geekbuying.com/item/Global-Version-XIAOMI-Redmi-4X-3GB-32GB-Smartphone---Black-378133.html

has anyone ever bought off:?

https://www.mishop.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,243 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

What was the total with delivery?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭smilerf

kiddums wrote: »
    Cool. Would you mind putting a quick first impressions post in here for me?

I was looking at that too, but I decided on a better screen, given how much I watch on my phone.

Looks a great job for 70 euro though.
    I like this phone. Good in the hand. Not thin not bulkey. Its fast camera is your usual Chinese fair
    The case it came with does fit totally so you need another. Also I notice memory fills fast. Screen nice and clear. Sound good. Everything works. I like nougat too

• Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭eamonnq

From the first post in the thread:

The formula is (phone price in € times 1.23) and then +€6 through An Post or +€15 through a courier

The '6' might have gone up since then though.

• Advertisement

What was the total with delivery?

135.31 taken from my account. That includes a silicon case.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,243 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

135.31 taken from my account. That includes a silicon case.

31.12 VAT and whatever the carrier charges.

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭peaceboi

smilerf wrote: »
    Not sure about the rest but stay well clear of,Ulefone

Go for note 4 64gb global version 4gb ram, can vouch for AliExpress eternal team or official xiaomi store on AliExpress, my friend got sealed in box with Google play store installed.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭melikebanana

Thanks to this thread I bought the redmi note 4. 32gb, 3 GB ram. It's such a solid phone in terms of build and performance, came from a smart ultra 6. Can't recommend it enough. Only gripe is I find the screen a bit dim in direct sunlight.

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭vjmcdonnell

sydthebeat wrote: »
    So has anyone got the mi6 yet?
    I'm looking for a good recommendation of where to purchase it

Im in the same boat. Im looking at Hong Kong Goldway as they have a DHL option that they say the Customs is paid for, seems to be directed throught the UK.
    Im looking for the 128GB Blue one so not many options.

• Advertisement

peaceboi wrote: »
    Go for note 4 64gb global version 4gb ram, can vouch for AliExpress eternal team or official xiaomi store on AliExpress, my friend got sealed in box with Google play store installed.

Around how long did it take to arrive from AliExpress Eternal team?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,628 ✭✭✭iba

Hi,

Strongly thinking of buying the Mi 5S Plus at around 300 Dollars. Is there anything out there better than it for a lower price/better bang for your buck?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,152 ✭✭✭leche solara

gercoral wrote: »
    and any idea if this phone would work on vodafone network..or how would i find out??
    http://www.geekbuying.com/item/Global-Version-XIAOMI-Redmi-4X-3GB-32GB-Smartphone---Black-378133.html

has anyone ever bought off:?

https://www.mishop.ie/

Put the phone details into willmyphonework.net to see if it will work

• Registered Users Posts: 8,137 ✭✭✭dinneenp

Hi,
    I've 2 niggling issues with my Xiaomi mi 5s, anyone able to help please?

1. Whatsapp won't work on desktop unless I have my Xiaomi mi 5s on & unlocked. This happen to anyone else either?
    2. Also Google Chromecast doesn't cast great from the phone- 'screen casting is not optimised for this device; your experience may vary'

Cheers,
    pa.

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭peaceboi

Around how long did it take to arrive from AliExpress Eternal team?

15 days

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭Sasso

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Sasso wrote: »

They are literally the same phone, so either would be fine :)

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭Sasso

sorry, show how good I am, changed now I hope

• Registered Users Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭wiz569

Sasso wrote: »
    sorry, show how good I am, changed now I hope

They are both pre-order so I wouldn't bother,buy a phone that has been out a while as you will then be able to find user reviews and avoid beta testing a new phone at your expense

• Closed Accounts Posts: 869 ✭✭✭mikeybrennan

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭M00lers

Received a Redmi 4X Pro from HK Goldway this morning, 10 days after ordering. Selected DHL and was not caught for tax/customs.

Nice little phone too.
    Box was sealed and labelled "Global Version".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 869 ✭✭✭mikeybrennan

Received a Redmi 4X Pro from HK Goldway this morning, 10 days after ordering. Selected DHL and was not caught for tax/customs.

Nice little phone too.
    Box was sealed and labelled "Global Version".

must have been dhl express

'express' is written in the dhl logo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭trixiebust

My Redmi 4x has been shipped by them today. Seller assured me, you won't have to pay for customs.

Price is cheap for just tracked insurance alone. Add in the non customs charge on top, and it's a steal ;)

trixiebust wrote: »
    My Redmi 4x has been shipped by them today. Seller assured me, you won't have to pay for customs.

Price is cheap for just tracked insurance alone. Add in the non customs charge on top, and it's a steal ;)

how does your seller know that?

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭clouter

Quick question.

I ordered a Redmi Note from GearBest - I hadn't done my research and didn't realise the rep they had. Anyway its stuck in customs in Dublin now. Any idea how long it will be there for, whats the normal wait time.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 11,964 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Gearbest don't post with guaranteed no customs. If you got a good deal on the phone happy days.

As for how long, could be a day or two. The courier/an post usually contact you to arrange payment

• Registered Users Posts: 2,306 ✭✭✭NATLOR

how does your seller know that?

Because they ship to a European 'warehouse' first so your order is posted from within Europe

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭vjmcdonnell

NATLOR wrote: »
    Because they ship to a European 'warehouse' first so your order is posted from within Europe

Great to hear, will order a Xiaomi MI6 with them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Ordered the note 4 this morning. My third Chinese phone in the past 2 years but my last one broke because it fell out of my pocket and screen cracked at a point where I can't swipe to unlock it.

Using an Indian phone at the moment i-plus, at least I think it's Indian as I bought it there and it's the worst thing I've ever owned.

When the note arrives what do I need to do to it as my previous two phones I just used straight out of the box

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭Dec4

I'm thinking of taking a chance on this Global Version Xiaomi Redmi 4X 4 X PRO Smartphone 3GB 32GB 5.0" HD Screen Snapdragon 435 Octa Core 4100mAh 13.0MP LDD LTE OTA from Eternal Team.
    Two quick questions:
    1. i presume AliExpress is secure in terms of CC transactions?
    2. Is it better to go the route of DHL Express (€5.52) or Regular Post (€0.88)? Am I equally likely to get hit for VAT/duties with both options? If so, the DHL charge for handling adds about an additional €10 expense on top of VAT/duties versus An Post.
    Would appreciate any advice or recent experience on this...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement