Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chinese Android Phones 2 - Read First Post!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭NTC

Is that on pre sale?

Yep. I think it is released tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭smilerf

Is that on pre sale?
    You need help Mr lol

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,597 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I'm sorely tempted by the Redmi Note 4x, but I'm seeing reports that the 4 is better.
    Any advice there?
    The last China Phone I bought was an Elephone a couple of years ago and it did not end well.
    Is GPS as ropey as it used to be on these things?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,456 ✭✭✭corkie

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I'm sorely tempted by the Redmi Note 4x, but I'm seeing reports that the 4 is better.
    Any advice there?
    The last China Phone I bought was an Elephone a couple of years ago and it did not end well.
    Is GPS as ropey as it used to be on these things?

The Redmi Note 4 SD Global version with Band 20, is better for band support, but the exact same device otherwise. Stay away from the Mediatek version.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,243 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

smilerf wrote: »
    You need help Mr lol

Nope just gonna say buying pre sale is not a good idea.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,597 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

corkie wrote: »
    The Redmi Note 4 SD Global version with Band 20, is better for band support, but the exact same device otherwise. Stay away from the Mediatek version.

So, stick with the Snapdragon powered 3gb ram version with the Global rom.
    Looking at the 4x it seems to cover the local LTE bands, or is Band 20 missing?

This is the one I'm looking at.
    link
    Well, this or splurge and get a LG V20 instead, though I didn't enjoy my LG Flex 2 that I had a year or two ago.

So, stick with the Snapdragon powered 3gb ram version with the Global rom.
    Looking at the 4x it seems to cover the local LTE bands, or is Band 20 missing?

This is the one I'm looking at.
    link
    Well, this or splurge and get a LG V20 instead, though I didn't enjoy my LG Flex 2 that I had a year or two ago.

The version linked is the 4x and does not have band 20!

The same seller has the RN4 SD Global 64gb or 32gb as well.

corkie wrote: »
    The version linked is the 4x and does not have band 20!

The same seller has the RN4 SD Global 64gb or 32gb as well.

So, is this the right one?
    Seems to tick all the boxes

https://www.honorbuy.com/1068-xiaomi-redmi-note-4-international-version-32gb-black.html

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

CiDeRmAn wrote:
    So, is this the right one? Seems to tick all the boxes

That's the one my wife uses. Fantastic little phone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭ricksanchez

Hi guys,

Preparing a Redmi Note 4 for sale - is there anything special I have to do when resetting?
    Priority is to protect my accounts, personal info etc and make sure the buyer has no issues.

The device is associated with my Mi Account, so I'll have to find out how to remove it, too.

Sold a few iPhones in the past, but never an Android.

• Advertisement

Hi guys,

Preparing a Redmi Note 4 for sale - is there anything special I have to do when resetting?
    Priority is to protect my accounts, personal info etc and make sure the buyer has no issues.

The device is associated with my Mi Account, so I'll have to find out how to remove it, too.

If you are shifting it, will you post a link to the ad, I might be interested in making a bid on it.
    Thanks
    No selling on thread or via PM, of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭wiz569

Hi guys,

Factory reset should sort it m8

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭ricksanchez

wiz569 wrote: »
    Factory reset should sort it m8

Thanks man
    If you are shifting it, will you post a link to the ad, I might be interested in making a bid on it.
    Thanks
    So selling on thread or via PM, of course.

PM sent!

I think you need to sign out of your account on the device before a factory reset, and then you should not be prompted to sign into the account after the reset. It may also be necessary to remove the device from i.mi.com.

Thanks man

PM sent!

Mod, he was just sending me the requested link to the ad

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭Dec4

Dec4 wrote: »
    Took a chance on this from Eternal Team via DHL and will let ya know for how much I get stung by for VAT & Handling....
    Has anyone bought this Redmi 4X lately and if so, does it run Android 6 or Android 7 ?
    TIA
    Dec4

• Registered Users Posts: 11,964 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Thats showing as MIUI 8.2 which is based on android N / 7.

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭peaceboi

Dec4 wrote: »
    Took a chance on this from Eternal Team via DHL and will let ya know for how much I get stung by for VAT & Handling....
    Has anyone bought this Redmi 4X lately and if so, does it run Android 6 or Android 7 ?
    TIA
    Dec4

Got charged 40e including handling fee, for note 4, 3gb ram 32gb phone from aliexpress. But choose free delivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭sublime1

Hi folks

thinking of buying the Mi6 from Mishop.ie - has anyone here used them or can vouch for them? What kind of delivery times should I expect?

cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 869 ✭✭✭mikeybrennan

https://www.sunsky-online.com/view/391677/Huawei%20Honor%206%20Plus%20PE-TL10%20%203GB%2032GB.htm

dunno is it much of a bargain really in comparison to the new xiaomis

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 Padee

I know its been posted here before but I haven't been able to find an answer. Does anyone have experience with geekbuying? Looking to order a phone from their German warehouse tomorrow and any help would be appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

I've not used their EU warehouse (nor any other) but I've gotten a few orders from GeekBuying, all sound

• Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭eamonnq

Padee wrote: »
    I know its been posted here before but I haven't been able to find an answer. Does anyone have experience with geekbuying? Looking to order a phone from their German warehouse tomorrow and any help would be appreciated.

Have used them a few times for phones and other stuff with no issues.

20% off on some Goldway seller Xiaomi phones!

https://goldway.aliexpress.com/store/group/Promotion-Week/311331_511698744.html

Also other sellers also have phones on offer:-
    https://sale.aliexpress.com/__pc/flashdeals_activity2.htm

There's no real discount on the fones

There's no real discount on the fones

Did the sellers inflate the prices beforehand again?

I've been en on HK goldway a bit

The selling prices don't seem to have changed. Just upped the RRP as far as I can see

• Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭bidiots

Just got my note 4 delivered from the German store, less than a week

• Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭kiddums

I ordered through the German warehouse last week, got the phone yesterday. Completely uneventful, so I'm happy out. No customs, no delays. But the tracking was slow to update.
    bidiots wrote: »
    Just got my note 4 delivered from the German store, less than a week
    Are you me?:eek::pac:
    Exact same experience. Same phone even.:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Squiggle

Anyone have the Umi Plus E ? Looks like a decent enough phone for the price. Anyone recommend a better phone for the same money (roughly).

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement