Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chinese Android Phones 2 - Read First Post!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Padee

Thanks for the help. Gonna order my mi5s plus today 😊

• Registered Users Posts: 40 AmyTadhg

Squiggle wrote: »
    Anyone have the Umi Plus E ? Looks like a decent enough phone for the price. Anyone recommend a better phone for the same money (roughly).

We got one here a couple months back for €128 via Joybuy.com for the money we can't knock it battery lasts a couple of days with constant use for phone calls, emails, browsing & games. Hasn't lagged or crashed once in the time it's been in use. compared to phones 4-6 times the price no real complaints on it only no speed dial & smart dial doesn't always work.

The Umi phones aren't really rated by people but we'd happily purchase another if we needed another spare phone

*** remembered one more quibble... wonky charger cable the phone connection isn't standard micro USB wind up having to buy USB C To USB C data sync cables for spares

• Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭eamonnq

AmyTadhg wrote: »
    We got one here a couple months back for €128 via Joybuy.com for the money we can't knock it battery lasts a couple of days with constant use for phone calls, emails, browsing & games. Hasn't lagged or crashed once in the time it's been in use. compared to phones 4-6 times the price no real complaints on it only no speed dial & smart dial doesn't always work.

The Umi phones aren't really rated by people but we'd happily purchase another if we needed another spare phone

How have you found the GPS on it ?

eamonnq wrote: »
    How have you found the GPS on it ?

Haven't heard any complaints on that, Google maps seems to work perfect. I know I've been stuck as the passenger navi with it a couple of times & its always found the route & moved in sync with us.... oddly on the HTC M9 before that I noticed it lagged a good bit behind

• Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭eamonnq

AmyTadhg wrote: »
    Haven't heard any complaints on that, Google maps seems to work perfect. I know I've been stuck as the passenger navi with it a couple of times & its always found the route & moved in sync with us.... oddly on the HTC M9 before that I noticed it lagged a good bit behind

GPS is usually an issue with MTK phones, but every now and again a phone comes along with a MTK chip that seems to have decent GPS.

• Advertisement

eamonnq wrote: »
    GPS is usually an issue with MTK phones, but every now and again a phone comes along with a MTK chip that seems to have decent GPS.

Lucky dip phones... :D I warned him there could be issues before it arrived, thankfully only minor fixable things appeared. Redmi Note 4x 4gb/64gb here MTK for a family member who wanted it cos well at time was cheaper than the UMi.... see what delights this brings!!

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Nialler73

Hi, gear best are advertising the redmi 4a 4g for approx 90 quid. Sounds too good to be true. Looked up the phone on the site mentioned above and seems decent, v good value. My question is, will it work on the virgin mobile network? I checked a link on gearbest and it had "planned" for the UPC network... Not live.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭horse7

Nialler73 wrote: »
    Hi, gear best are advertising the redmi 4a 4g for approx 90 quid. Sounds too good to be true. Looked up the phone on the site mentioned above and seems decent, v good value. My question is, will it work on the virgin mobile network? I checked a link on gearbest and it had "planned" for the UPC network... Not live.

Deal with heartbeat at your peril.

Nialler73 wrote: »

Deal with gearbest at your peril.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

horse7 wrote: »
    Deal with heartbeat at your peril.

I presume you mean gear best. I got a phone off them no hassle. Bought from their EU warehouse and got it 4 days later.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭Cossax

Probably asked before but why do some sites differentiate between Hong Kong stock/warehouse compared to non-Hong Kong stock?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 461 ✭✭carefulnow100

Hi folks, back again.

Treated myself to a Xiaomi MiMax about 6 months ago. Haven't looked back since I'm in love with it.

So much so that I'm getting one for the missus too although she's not a fan of the large screen.

Any recommendations on another Xiaomi mobile? Is RedMi 4 the way to go? Ordered off I buy gou last time but have no problem ordering from a different website.

If there's any thing other than a RedMi 4 let me know. Budget under the €200 mark. Delivery asap always a bonus.

Hi folks, back again.

Treated myself to a Xiaomi MiMax about 6 months ago. Haven't looked back since I'm in love with it.

So much so that I'm getting one for the missus too although she's not a fan of the large screen.

Any recommendations on another Xiaomi mobile? Is RedMi 4 the way to go? Ordered off I buy gou last time but have no problem ordering from a different website.

If there's any thing other than a RedMi 4 let me know. Budget under the €200 mark. Delivery asap always a bonus.
    Why don't you give her the max and get your self a max2(new model).

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭vjmcdonnell

Got Xiaomi MI6 on Ali Express from HK Goldway delivered by DHL and no import duty.Went from HK to the UK then shipped from there to Dublin. Only took 7 days from order to delivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭kiddums

Cossax wrote: »
    Probably asked before but why do some sites differentiate between Hong Kong stock/warehouse compared to non-Hong Kong stock?

The Hong Kong stock is coming from there, so it will probably have to go through customs etc.

The EU stock may be already in an EU warehouse, or they may ship it there first fro Hong Kong. This should mean that customs don't look at it, due to EU trading laws etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 869 ✭✭✭mikeybrennan

Got Xiaomi MI6 on Ali Express from HK Goldway delivered by DHL and no import duty.Went from HK to the UK then shipped from there to Dublin. Only took 7 days from order to delivery.

Does HK goldway have customs free shipping on all fones?

I couldn't figure it out from the website

• Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

well lads, dropped my oneplus one into a toilet yesterday :( its still working perfectly but im now paranoid it will destroy itself without notice. Because of this im looking out for a new phone. I would love to stay with oneplus but the 5 is just too much money in my opinion. Are there Chinese options that have top of the line specs?

• Subscribers Posts: 41,589 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

The 3t is a great phone if you can pick it up somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

any ideas where to get one? Im not really up on legit sites to buy sim free phones from

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

How you finding it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

any ideas where to get one? Im not really up on legit sites to buy sim free phones from

geizhals.eu should be able to help

How you finding it?

Its a beast of a thing, really really fast and love the design, I got the 128gb Blue & Gold

Does HK goldway have customs free shipping on all fones?

I couldn't figure it out from the website

They call it DHL Express, message them and they answer fairly quick. Really cant fault them.

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭gercoral

honorbuy any good?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 461 ✭✭carefulnow100

horse7 wrote: »
    Why don't you give her the max and get your self a max2(new model).

She's not a fan of the large screen. Something a bit smaller for herself would do. Anything better than RedMi 4 around at the min?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 869 ✭✭✭mikeybrennan

They call it DHL Express, message them and they answer fairly quick. Really cant fault them.

I can't tell when i click on a fone if it's dhl or dhl express

Any ali sellers i click on have 'express' in the dhl logo

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭smilerf

Lads anyone know what this symbol means.
    I've gotten it on my Oukitel a few times and had to do a factory reset. My apps work as normal when it's displayed but I can't access the drop down menu

I've gotten it on my Oukitel a few times and had to do a factory reset. My apps work as normal when it's displayed but I can't access the drop down menu

[IMG]http://2017_07_24_08.12.30[/IMG]

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

smilerf wrote: »

[IMG]http://2017_07_24_08.12.30[/IMG]

Your image link doesn't appear to work.

• Advertisement

fixxxer wrote: »
    Your image link doesn't appear to work.
    Oh feck well it's a square box with what appears to be a batter inside with the letter which underneath

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement