Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chinese Android Phones 2 - Read First Post!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭smilerf

fixxxer wrote: »
    Your image link doesn't appear to work.
    Oh feck well it's a square box with what appears to be a batter inside with the letter which underneath

• Registered Users Posts: 4,243 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

Try this and tell us if it makes a difference. Go to settings - users - switch to "guest" - switch back to "owner".

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

Just cracked my remi note 3 screen. Gutted.

Anywhere in Dublin repair it or will I buy a new phone?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭X6.430macman

but1er wrote:

New phone best option imo, could try sell your own one and it would cost very little to upgrade to new device

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭Dec4

DHL offer a parcel tracking/notification for shipment from China/HK tru'

Picked up

Clearance event

Customs clearance

Exception

Out for Delivery

Delivered

which you can sign up via email or sms.
    Anyone used this?
    If so, is there a charge?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,716 ✭✭✭honda boi

Looking at getting the xiaomi redmi 4x mtk helio x20 deca core model.
    Anyone experience with the GPS on it?
    Last mtk phones I had the GPS was terrible

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Why would anyone want a decacore? And a hot 20nm when there's much better 14nm chips going.

I'd rather a Snap 625 over that never mind an 820 or 835.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Don't buy any mtk if there's a snapdragon available would be my advice.

For GPS alone, it's worth it.
    The 625 is a great chip too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭Wombatman

but1er wrote: »
    Just cracked my remi note 3 screen. Gutted.

Is it the Special Edition version with the Irish LTE bands?

If so the screen is 2mm bigger than the normal Redmi Note 3 Pro. Having a mare here getting screen replaced for the SE. Two repair shops ordered the 150mm screen not the 152mm, even after me explaining in great detail the difference. Still with the second repair a month and a half later waiting for the right screen to come in from China.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

Wombatman wrote: »
    Is it the Special Edition version with the Irish LTE bands?

If so the screen is 2mm bigger than the normal Redmi Note 3 Pro. Having a mare here getting screen replaced for the SE. Two repair shops ordered the 150mm screen not the 152mm, even after me explaining in great detail the difference. Still with the second repair a month and a half later waiting for the right screen to come in from China.

tbh ive absolute no idea which model it is. it works 4g on eir. its a 5.1.1 LMY47V

any idea how i find out?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭Wombatman

but1er wrote: »
    tbh ive absolute no idea which model it is. it works 4g on eir. its a 5.1.1 LMY47V

any idea how i find out?

http://en.miui.com/thread-449310-1-1.html

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭howdoyouknow

but1er wrote:
    any idea how i find out?

You can download an app called droid info from the playstore. It will tell you your if your phone model codename is Kate, kenzo or Hennessy

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,499 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Purchased the Bluboo S1 the start of the month. Should hopefully be shipping end of this week!

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Ph03nix89

Looking into getting a Redmi Note 4 Global and after looking around aliexpress seems to be the best price. I've never used the site before so I'm a bit dubious. Can anyone vouch for the site? The sellers I'm looking at are Eternal Team and Xiaomi Online Store.
    Also has anyone come across any problems with the Note 4? 4g coverage etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭bootser

Hi All, looking for a new phone. Thinking of xiaomi 4 or 5, budget to about 200, want fhd screen, good battery and good camera. I think these phones do that but hopefully some of you could share hands on experiance of these handsets(especially the camera!) Or recommend something better?! I have scimmed some earlier pages and read the last week or so, so if this has already been answered Sorry! Thanks :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

bootser wrote: »
    Hi All, looking for a new phone. Thinking of xiaomi 4 or 5, budget to about 200, want fhd screen, good battery and good camera. I think these phones do that but hopefully some of you could share hands on experiance of these handsets(especially the camera!) Or recommend something better?! I have scimmed some earlier pages and read the last week or so, so if this has already been answered Sorry! Thanks :-)

Put your requirements in here https://www.kimovil.com/en/ and see what comes up. There isn't a Xiaomi 4 or 5 (exactly) so you'll need to be a little more specific.

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭bootser

fixxxer wrote:
    and see what comes up. There isn't a Xiaomi 4 or 5 (exactly) so you'll need to be a little more specific.

Thanks for that, had a look at that site it seems very helpful, almost immediately found a comparison of a note 4 and a p8 lite, which was what I was going to get if buying locally! Note4 looks better by a stretch! I had been thinking of a 4x or note4 or a mi5.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Ph03nix89 wrote: »
    Looking into getting a Redmi Note 4 Global and after looking around aliexpress seems to be the best price. I've never used the site before so I'm a bit dubious. Can anyone vouch for the site? The sellers I'm looking at are Eternal Team and Xiaomi Online Store.

AliExpress are sound out, its just a hosted marketplace like eBay.

Can't vouch for individual stores but if they have high sales and high ratings you should be okay.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,456 ✭✭✭corkie

As long as you get the "Redmi Note 4 Snapdragon global edition" which has the extra bands(eg 20) you will be fine for 4G here.

Also try to get from a recommend store Goldway, for which you can avoid paying vat with DHL express delivery.

Note: - There is no official xiaomi store on aliexpress, despite the name's of some stores.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Bah screen protector arrived this morning but no phone. Both posted on the same day

corkie wrote: »
    As long as you get the "Redmi Note 4 Snapdragon global edition" which has the extra bands(eg 20) you will be fine for 4G here.

Also try to get from a recommend store Goldway, for which you can avoid paying vat with DHL express delivery.

Note: - There is no official xiaomi store on aliexpress, despite the name's of some stores.
    AliExpress are sound out, its just a hosted marketplace like eBay.

Can't vouch for individual stores but if they have high sales and high ratings you should be okay.

Cheers for the info lads, just what I needed to hear!

corkie wrote: »

Quick question, curious as to how the express leads to me not having to pay VAT?

Is it because it arrives with the courier rather than the snail-mail?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,964 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Quick question, curious as to how the express leads to me not having to pay VAT?

Is it because it arrives with the courier rather than the snail-mail?

They ship it to a warehouse within the EU and then ship it on from there. Your order being sent then within the EU thus not owing Vat.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭abarkie

I used these and paid £137 GBP, No customs to UK

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Global-Version-Xiaomi-Redmi-Note-4-Mobile-Phone-4GB-RAM-64GB-ROM-Snapdragon-625-Octa-Core/32802373992.html

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭Dec4

Dec4 wrote: »
    Took a chance on this from Eternal Team via DHL and will let ya know for how much I get stung by for VAT & Handling....
    Has anyone bought this Redmi 4X lately and if so, does it run Android 6 or Android 7 ?
    TIA
    Dec4

Ordered on 17/7 delivered today 27/7
    €40 Vat & handling brings total to €162 incl Silicone Case.
    If I were buying again I might chance normal China post, I think DHL will always try to get their "handling fee" and ensure VAT/customs are paid.
    HK Goldway via DHL was €157 for same phone via their UK "customs free" route.
    GBX wrote: »
    Thats showing as MIUI 8.2 which is based on android N / 7.

Incidentally the Redmix 4x updated straight away to MIUI 8.2 but runs Android 6 not Android 7

• Closed Accounts Posts: 461 ✭✭carefulnow100

Bit confused lads, should I be looking to get RedMi Note 4 or RedMi Note 4X?
    Best to order from Goldway on Ali or another seller?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭X6.430macman

Bit confused lads, should I be looking to get RedMi Note 4 or RedMi Note 4X? Best to order from Goldway on Ali or another seller?

Note 4 I think is the one, remember checking it up and the 4x didn't have something the 4 had

• Registered Users Posts: 2,306 ✭✭✭NATLOR

Quite different phones really
    The note 4 has a 5.5 inch full HD screen with a 625 snapdragon (or mediatek) processor

The 4X has a 5 inch 720 HD screen with 425 snapdragon processor

Geekbuying have a few European warehouse options,prices seem decent enough. Delivery from the Italian one with DHL is cheap

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

NATLOR wrote: »
    Quite different phones really
    The note 4 has a 5.5 inch full HD screen with a 625 snapdragon (or mediatek) processor

The 4X has a 5 inch 720 HD screen with 425 snapdragon processor

Geekbuying have a few European warehouse options,prices seem decent enough. Delivery from the Italian one with DHL is cheap

From Kimovil the Snap 4X, MTK 4X and Snap 4 all miss out on band 20. Thats a big hole in the feature set.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement