Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chinese Android Phones 2 - Read First Post!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,306 ✭✭✭NATLOR

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Squiggle

Thinking of buying Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 Pro from Goldway. Anything I need to look out for or will it work out of the box in Ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭kiddums

Squiggle wrote: »
    Thinking of buying Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 Pro from Goldway. Anything I need to look out for or will it work out of the box in Ireland?
    You're better off getting the version with the global version (The snapdragon CPU), as the MTK CPU is missing one of the bands we use for 4G so you'll be missing some 4G coverage.

Like this version.
    I can't vouch for that seller, I just searched for that.

Edit:
    This is the one I bought, and it worked right away.
    From the DE warehouse, had it in about a week, no customs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Oh joy
    2017-07-26 11:10 DUBLIN MAIL CENTRE, DUBLIN 12, ITEM RECEIVED
    2017-07-26 11:10 DUBLIN MAIL CENTRE, DUBLIN 12, ITEM SENT TO CUSTOMS

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Ph03nix89

GBX wrote: »
    They ship it to a warehouse within the EU and then ship it on from there. Your order being sent then within the EU thus not owing Vat.

Last question, is this something that Goldway themselves setup or would this also be the case with any seller on AE that uses DHL Express as an option?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Squiggle

kiddums wrote: »
    You're better off getting the version with the global version (The snapdragon CPU), as the MTK CPU is missing one of the bands we use for 4G so you'll be missing some 4G coverage.

Like this version.
    I can't vouch for that seller, I just searched for that.

Edit:
    This is the one I bought, and it worked right away.
    From the DE warehouse, had it in about a week, no customs.

Ok thanks for that information. What's the difference between "Official Global Version" and "Official Global ROM" ? TIA

• Registered Users Posts: 11,964 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Ph03nix89 wrote: »
    Last question, is this something that Goldway themselves setup or would this also be the case with any seller on AE that uses DHL Express as an option?

Others do this - not even on AE - online vendors. But unless the specifically state it is the case you wont know till it either arrives or you get the word from customs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭kiddums

Squiggle wrote: »
    Ok thanks for that information. What's the difference between "Official Global Version" and "Official Global ROM" ? TIA

The ROM is the software installed. Global Version (Snapdragon CPU) will have the Global Rom by default. Global ROM can mean either CPU, so you'd have to check to be sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭Munsterbhoy

Hi all hoping to pull the trigger on a redmi note 4 with snapdragon 625 3GB ram 32GB global version rom. Coming from aliexpress Inc dhl express for €144. Will this work from the box and is there anything else I need to look out for? Love the thread & thanks. .

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Tigerbaby

Just got a Redmi Note 4 Global delivered from Eternal Team in HK.

Working perfectly on Vodafone.

thanks to all in this thread for the help and advice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,795 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Tigerbaby wrote: »
    Just got a Redmi Note 4 Global delivered from Eternal Team in HK.

Working perfectly on Vodafone.

thanks to all in this thread for the help and advice.

What date did you submit the order? I ordered on the 16th and mine is "dispatched to overseas".

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Tigerbaby

Sir D

Ordered and paid for on 19th July. Paid approx 6 euro extra for DHL. Got a flip case and screen protector from same site. arrived yesterday 26th July. Had to pay 39 euro customs etc.

Still, a mighty phone for about 240 euro.

Good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,795 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Tigerbaby wrote: »
    Sir D

Ordered and paid for on 19th July. Paid approx 6 euro extra for DHL. Got a flip case and screen protector from same site. arrived yesterday 26th July. Had to pay 39 euro customs etc.

Good luck.

I didn't fork out for DHL so it makes sense, hopefully I don't get stung on customs either.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭X6.430macman

Tigerbaby wrote:

Got that phone on honor buy a couple weeks ago for 156 and then 30 for express dhl

• Registered Users Posts: 3,851 ✭✭✭budgemook

Redmi Note 4 with customs now. Shipment confirmation was on the 11th.

39 euro for customs? Not so bad - means it will be 175 or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭adaephon

Any reason not to get the doogee mix 5.5 over the redmi note 4 global edition 3gb Snapdragon. (I have a redmi note 4 already buying this as a pressure)

Seems better but doesn't have a Snapdragon.
    Am I wrong? Can't post URL for some reason. :-/

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭accap1f8

Just reading the last few pages on Xiaomi.
    I am looking at a note 4x global version which has the Snapdragon 625.
    How is this phone any different to the note 4?

Appears to be nothing at all per comparison websites.
    I'm looking to buy it off Goldway with DHL which would include customs?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,456 ✭✭✭corkie

accap1f8 wrote: »

The snapdragon redmi note 4 global and the 4X are the same device. But the first option has more bands. Which is why the RN4SD is the recommended one to get for use in Europe.

corkie wrote: »
    The snapdragon redmi note 4 global and the 4X are the same device. But the first option has more bands. Which is why the RN4SD is the recommended one to get for use in Europe.

Ok thanks.
    I'm also going to buying the redmi 4 and I'm presuming it's the same story with the 4X and the normal 4?
    Also I guess I should buy this with the Snapdragon 625.

Now try to find the best price

• Registered Users Posts: 7,456 ✭✭✭corkie

Ok thanks.
    I'm also going to buying the redmi 4 and I'm presuming it's the same story with the 4X and the normal 4?
    Also I guess I should buy this with the Snapdragon 625.

Now try to find the best price

It is the other way round for that device Redmi 4X has the extra bands compared to the Redmi 4

• Advertisement

corkie wrote: »
    It is the other way round for that device Redmi 4X has the extra bands compared to the Redmi 4

They don't half make it confusing.

Any reason not to get this over the redmi note 4 global edition 3gb Snapdragon. (I have a redmi note 4 already buying this as a pressie DOOGEE-MIX-5_5-Inch-Android-7_0

Seems better but doesn't have a Snapdragon.
    Am I wrong?

Can't post link

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,597 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I've seen a few Doogee Mix handsets being sold on Adverts, makes me wonder why such a recent phone would be getting sold on.
    It looks interesting but I'd have to see since two world, European reviews to see what it's like as a primary phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I've seen a few Doogee Mix handsets being sold on Adverts, makes me wonder why such a recent phone would be getting sold on.
    It looks interesting but I'd have to see since two world, European reviews to see what it's like as a primary phone.

Two of the three on Adverts are shops, the other got an S8.

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭chrisire

Hi does anyone know the cheapest place to buy the Mi Max 2 in black?
    thanks

ED E wrote: »
    Two of the three on Adverts are shops, the other got an S8.

Any insights to the phone though? Better or worse than redmi note 4 global

Ps: it's for me mam so can't be giving her worse than what I just got (redmi note 4 global)

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭vjmcdonnell

I got a Xiaomi Mi6 last week from Goldway with DHL and no issues. Took a week from order till I had my phone in my hand.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

adaephon wrote: »
    Any insights to the phone though? Better or worse than redmi note 4 global

Ps: it's for me mam so can't be giving her worse than what I just got (redmi note 4 global)
    I wouldnt buy any chinese phone for friends family that arent quite nerdy. Nearly all have some quirks which is fine for the regulars here but a midrange samsung makes a hell of a lot more sense for the aul wan.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

My mother has been using her Xiaomi for the last year with no problems what so ever, I have no problem recommending them. Father had been using a honor 5 (I think) with nova launcher to make it look a little more like his old Motorola

I do understand what you're saying about them but I don't think Xiaomi are the worst, especially if you stick to reliable roms

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭trixiebust

I would like to connect my android phone, to my android / Windows 10 tablet. Is this possible ?

I would like to root the phone, and don't have access to a PC, just the tablet. They both have only mini usb connections.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement