Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chinese Android Phones 2 - Read First Post!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

trixiebust wrote:
    I would like to connect my android phone, to my android / Windows 10 tablet. Is this possible ?

What is the tablet make and model?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭trixiebust

fixxxer wrote: »
    What is the tablet make and model?

It's a Chinese tablet too, Teclast X98.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

trixiebust wrote: »
    It's a Chinese tablet too, Teclast X98.

It supports OTG so with an adapter you can. Fortunately its full blown windows and not RT junk.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭trixiebust

ED E wrote: »
    It supports OTG so with an adapter you can. Fortunately its full blown windows and not RT junk.

Thank you very much:) Will order an OTG cable. Got a basic Redmi 4x, and although MIUI is ok, I'd love to try something else.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,630 ✭✭✭gline

GBX wrote: »
    No the article says that the 2nd pic is believed to be fake, not so much the actual device.
    I'd imagine its in the pipeline and more info will follow.

https://www.phonearena.com/news/Lenovos-ZUK-Mobile-sub-brand-is-being-killed-less-than-two-years-after-its-debut_id93477

Lenovo are retiring their ZUK line of phones, there wont be a ZUK 3.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,851 ✭✭✭budgemook

A bit of tracking weirdness for my Redmi Note 4 from Ali Express Eternal Team.

27th - Arrive at destination country. Item received. Customs clearance in progress.
    29th - Hand over to airline.

Seem a bit weird. Has anyone seen anything like that before?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Got away with showing revenue an old banggood receipt, so custom charges aren't that bad.

Note 4 arrived. Should I flash this or leave as is?

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭peaceboi

RasTa wrote: »

If it's the global version, I think it would be fine. Unless anybody knows of any better Rom.

peaceboi wrote: »
    If it's the global version, I think it would be fine. Unless anybody knows of any better Rom.

Just setting it up now, no Ireland or UK in the select region so I guess not

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,456 ✭✭✭corkie

Just setting it up now, no Ireland or UK in the global version so I guess not

As long it doesn't have a vendor rom, you should be fine.

No Ireland/UK locale in MIUI roms, so that doesn't say it is not global rom.

Post your MIUI version(with letters) from the "About phone" in settings!

It took about 5 mins to boot up too.

MIUI Global 8.2 Stable
    8.2.1.0(MBFMIDL)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

MIUI Global 8.2 Stable
    8.2.1.0(MBFMIDL)

There should be an update available when you connect to wifi but otherwise that looks fine.

MIUI Global 8.2 Stable
    8.2.1.0(MBFMIDL)

That MIUI version (official) is for the MediaTek device, was there a reason, other than price, that you got that over a snapdragon version?

corkie wrote: »
    That MIUI version (official) is for the MediaTek device, was there a reason, other than price, that you got that over a snapdragon version?

No, I just seen someone link it in here and liked the price. What's the deal with it?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,243 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

No, I just seen someone link it in here and liked the price. What's the deal with it?

Snapdragon is a better processor and has better GPS but if you're using it for general use then you don't have to worry.

Most people avoid MediaTek devices as there is usually limited custom rom support for them devices. But if your not looking at custom roms, it does not matter.

Depending on the device, you got it may not support all the LTE Bands here (Band 20) for example. Result you probably won't get 4G outside cities!

MediaTek VS Snapdragon Processor Full Comparison .

Also try other google searches about MediaTek phones.

Ah none of that bothers me, I don't even have data as don't like being bothered too much bar phone calls.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,795 ✭✭✭DopeTech

My redmi 4x has got sent to customs. :( Roughly how long will it take to get delivered? How much should I expect to pay? Phone cost €116 from China.

Sir Dosser wrote: »
    My redmi 4x has got sent to customs. :( Roughly how long will it take to get delivered? How much should I expect to pay? Phone cost €116 from China.

If 116 inc. shipping:
    26.68 + 10.00.

Email your invoice to dmc@revenue.ie with subject line being tracking number to expedite clearance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,795 ✭✭✭DopeTech

ED E wrote: »
    If 116 inc. shipping:
    26.68 + 10.00.

Email your invoice to dmc@revenue.ie with subject line being tracking number to expedite clearance.

€115.68 for phone
    €0.88 for shipping

Where are you working out the fee from?

I paid €29 but €10 was the An Post admin fee.

Phone valued at €84

Sir Dosser wrote: »
    €115.68 for phone
    €0.88 for shipping

Where are you working out the fee from?

23% + standard handling fee.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Doctor Nick

For the first time in my life I've smashed the screen in my phone. A 3 week old Redmi note 4x. Any ideas price wise what it would cost to fix and where would be best place? It's doing my head in and it only happened half hour ago, I know I won't be able to keep using as it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

For the first time in my life I've smashed the screen in my phone. A 3 week old Redmi note 4x. Any ideas price wise what it would cost to fix and where would be best place? It's doing my head in and it only happened half hour ago, I know I won't be able to keep using as it is.

i spoke to a couple of guys in dublin city center, who advs me if i buy the parts they will fit it for €35

• Registered Users Posts: 4,243 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

but1er wrote: »
    i spoke to a couple of guys in dublin city center, who advs me if i buy the parts they will fit it for €35

Wheres that? I have a Umi Super sitting there with a broken screen could be worth fixing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 869 ✭✭✭mikeybrennan

Fit a tempered glass screen protector if and when you get it fixed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Doctor Nick

but1er wrote: »

Sounds like good price. Whereabouts is it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 869 ✭✭✭mikeybrennan

Older model fones

Will they have been in stock a long time and the battery affected?

Is it best to go for up to date models in this regard?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement