Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chinese Android Phones 2 - Read First Post!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 869 ✭✭✭mikeybrennan

People seem to get stuff shipped to PM with no issues

I would bother risking it myself

• Registered Users Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭horse7

Suckit wrote: »
    No, not comparing them, i have had a couple of Xiaomi phones already, i just thought that it is a great price.
    I was looking at Redmi 4 note 3Gb/32GB (which can be got for €137 from Spain), and a few others. But i like the Huawei. I have not decided yet anyway, and if PW etc are likely to reject it, then i would not go for it anyway.

What's the site from Spain please?

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭SmallBalls

My LeTv x800 is slowly heading to the grave, any recommendations for a replacement? Similar size and specs..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭smilerf

Just took the plunge on the Xiaomi Mi Max 2 :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

SmallBalls wrote: »
    My LeTv x800 is slowly heading to the grave, any recommendations for a replacement? Similar size and specs..

What's gone wrong with it? Mines been benched for 6 months or so, smashed the screen again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭SmallBalls

What's gone wrong with it? Mines been benched for 6 months or so, smashed the screen again.

It's become painfully slow at times, have to reboot at least once a week to speed it up, random crashes and cracked screen as well....what's your daily driver now?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 869 ✭✭✭mikeybrennan

Is it easy enough to put twrp on a new redmi note 4x?

It's become painfully slow at times, have to reboot at least once a week to speed it up, random crashes and cracked screen as well....what's your daily driver now?

HTC One M8, hand me down from the mother. I couldn't afford to buy a new screen for the LeTV so I sure as hell couldn't afford a new phone. LeTV is about 18 months old at this stage, I reckon I've only used it for about 6.

I'll be replacing the screen in the next few weeks though.

Have you tried a different ROM? I think mine is on CM14. Been about 6 months since I've used it but there was no hassle back then.

Is it easy enough to put twrp on a new redmi note 4x?

TWRP is fairly handy to install, I dunno if Xiaomi have been dicking about with new security measures though.

Boot into the bootloader, "fastboot flash recovery recovery.img" and then "reboot recovery" is all you need I'm pretty sure.

Its well over 18 months since I've had to flash a recovery so I'd recommend getting an actual tutorial. Have you googled for one?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭X6.430macman

smilerf wrote:
    Just took the plunge on the Xiaomi Mi Max 2 :-)

What site you get it from?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

HTC One M8, hand me down from the mother. I couldn't afford to buy a new screen for the LeTV so I sure as hell couldn't afford a new phone. LeTV is about 18 months old at this stage, I reckon I've only used it for about 6.

I'll be replacing the screen in the next few weeks though.

Have you tried a different ROM? I think mine is on CM14. Been about 6 months since I've used it but there was no hassle back then.

FYI its officially LeEco now.

My X820 is knacked now too due to the camera hardware failing. Appears the component isnt available through any of the normal channels so its useless.

As the company is about to collapse this is a warning to others, plenty of good options out there but LeEco really aren't one of them. The suppliers who built the stock you're buying havent been paid and never will be.

What site you get it from?
    honor buy EU warehouse 290

• Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

horse7 wrote: »
    What's the site from Spain please?
    Sorry, i thought i had linked it. They will only ship to Spain.
    I have a friend living over there, although she is away for a couple of weeks at the moment, so it probably will not be worth my while.
    https://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/Original-Xiaomi-Mi-Redmi-Note-4-Prime-5-5-1080P-MTK-Helio-X20-Deca-Core-3GB/2676048_32788933946.html
    https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Original-Xiaomi-Redmi-Note-4-3GB-RAM-32GB-ROM-Smartphone-MTK-Helio-X20-Deca-Core-Note/32801698385.html

ED E wrote: »
    FYI its officially LeEco now.

My X820 is knacked now too due to the camera hardware failing. Appears the component isnt available through any of the normal channels so its useless.

As the company is about to collapse this is a warning to others, plenty of good options out there but LeEco really aren't one of them. The suppliers who built the stock you're buying havent been paid and never will be.

Aye I knew that, LeTV is stamped on the back so I'm used to it.

Definitely don't recommend anyone buy LeTV or LeEco devices.

The phone is nice, but they're a shower. If I knew then what I know now I wouldn't have bought it at all.

Just got text from DHL and they had my address wrong so I updated
    Is this a usual occurrence?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,964 ✭✭✭✭GBX

smilerf wrote: »

This info would have came from whoever you ordered from - unless the format changed postcode/town name?

GBX wrote: »
    This info would have came from whoever you ordered from - unless the format changed postcode/town name?
    It was down as Dublin but I live in Tipperary. I updated. Do I have to do anything else

• Registered Users Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭X6.430macman

smilerf wrote:
    It was down as Dublin but I live in Tipperary. I updated. Do I have to do anything else

Don't think so. When I changed mine it was a disaster . I had an awful job to get it delivered because I changed the name is well but you should be ok

• Registered Users Posts: 4,243 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

What did you order?

What did you order?
    MI Max 2 :-)

• Advertisement

Well my oukitel k6000 plus is gone back. Died after a month.
    That's me finished with Chinese phones

MI Max 2 :-)

:pac:

:pac:
    We are all hooked lol

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭bigmike99

best price on the mi max 2? i didnt know it was sub 300. i see $240 on my first site i checked.
    Is there a few versions of it like with the note4 models? differnet chipset or camera etc.

EDIT: on the site i have $279 from italy so no customs? 4gb/64gb and 299 for spain warehouse. donno why spain and itlay warehosue have different prices! both have no customs?

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭steven087

Anyone buy a xiaomi note 4 from eBay from Ireland or uk seller or similar as looking for one quick thanks

Or would the xiaomi mi5 be a lot better phone than the note 4

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭dedaw

Guys, recommendations for an update/upgrade on a dying ultra 6.
    Need SD slot, good battery, good camera front and back. Something that may get updates.
    Works out of the box as wouldn't be savy enough to root. Will pay a bit extra to avoid customs. Recommended seller also?
    Mi5? Note 4? Others?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

steven087 wrote: »
    Anyone buy a xiaomi note 4 from eBay from Ireland or uk seller or similar as looking for one quick thanks

Some people here have used http://www.mishop.ie

Seller is based in Dublin (I think) so delivery is very fast.

fixxxer wrote: »
    Some people here have used http://www.mishop.ie

Seller is based in Dublin (I think) so delivery is very fast.

Seem to be out of stock on the note 4

• Registered Users Posts: 11,964 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Unfortunately not all phones are readily available for quick delivery. Even be wary of some sellers on eBay saying it's in stock when it has to be shipped to from Asia

• Advertisement

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/122503589195

Is this the normal note 4 global version . I see it says 4x

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement