Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chinese Android Phones 2 - Read First Post!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,011 ✭✭✭eamonnq

RockBadger wrote: »
    Hi. Can someone please help with this. Some good 'entry levellers' like the elephone p6000 and mlais m52 for example can be picked up dirt cheap nowadays and you know the deal.....good reviews, impressive Antutu's and what not. Then the let down, well for me anyway, the mediocre camera or maybe more to the point the interpolation of m.pxls, and/or lack of sound software to back up an otherwise decent lens? I know you get what you pay for here and in fairness a hell of a lot more. Just wondering though are there any decent apps that anyone has used that can turn these cameras into more impressive shooters? Cheers.

I have a TCL M2U phone and the camera on it is excellent,have not tried any camera apps and am not sure anyone can answer the question you have posed though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭pajor

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭aaronm13

Just got my Meizu MX5, now to road test this bad boy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Does anyone feel like doing a water test on their LeTV One for me? Literally all I'm asking is for someone to try and use the phone normally with wet hands and tell me how the digitiser responds :o

• Registered Users Posts: 5 timmyd7

Looking a phone for around 60-70 quid, anyone have anything decent they can post to letterkenny?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,499 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

timmyd7 wrote: »
    Looking a phone for around 60-70 quid, anyone have anything decent they can post to letterkenny?

Wont get anything great for that, I think tesco have a cheap range of androids.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 timmyd7

Wont get anything great for that, I think tesco have a cheap range of androids.

I know but my girlfriend smashed her xperia z2 3 times now... Don't want to shell out for it again so want something unlocked and cheap

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

I know but my girlfriend smashed her xperia z2 3 times now... Don't want to shell out for it again so want something unlocked and cheap

Get her a nokia 3310 :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,001 ✭✭✭✭GBX

You might be better off getting a sturdy Nokia if she is breaking phones regularly and you dont want to keep spending on them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭pajor

Most Huawei and Alcatel phones which are bought from the normal networks can be unlocked easily and cheaply.

Bought Huawei Y550 last December for €80 from meteor. Then got unlock code for £2 off eBay.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭sean_b97

anyone know is there a certain delivery method which reduces the risk of incuring import duties?

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭sean_b97

some great phones but import duty makes it hard to know the price the good will end up being

An Post has lowest rates, or use one of the AliExpress sellers in the OP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 588 ✭✭✭djsim101

I know this thread changes so fast but just to let people know that I ordered my K3 Note from these European suppliers:

http://www.coolicool.com/lenovo-k3-note-mtk6752-17ghz-octa-core-55-inch-fhd-screen-android-50-4g-lte-smartphone-g-39194

Ordered the phone on Thursday evening and it arrived on the following Monday, very good service and excellent phone for the price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,260 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

djsim101 wrote: »
    I know this thread changes so fast but just to let people know that I ordered my K3 Note from these European suppliers:

http://www.coolicool.com/lenovo-k3-note-mtk6752-17ghz-octa-core-55-inch-fhd-screen-android-50-4g-lte-smartphone-g-39194

Ordered the phone on Thursday evening and it arrived on the following Monday, very good service and excellent phone for the price.
    How much did it cost you delivered? 147?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 588 ✭✭✭djsim101

How much did it cost you delivered? 147?

A bit more than that cos I got a leather case and tempered glass film for phone. But yeah, the price quoted is the price including shipping. Great value.

djsim101 wrote: »
    A bit more than that cos I got a leather case and tempered glass film for phone. But yeah, the price quoted is the price including shipping. Great value.
    Thanks, I'm between this and a Smart 6 Ultra for the moment

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

That's shipping from China though, its around 190 from the EU.

Lads the two AliExpress Sellers in the OP have had their links updated, they're now for the AliExpress Desktop site instead of the mobile one, as it was very difficult to use on a PC.

Just putting it out there incase anyone was avoiding them for that. They're guaranteed no customs and very good value by the way.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,798 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Thinking of taking the plunge with a Chinese phone after my S3 gave up on me last week. Have around €150-200 to spend. Any recommendations for a first time buyer?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

Necrominus wrote: »
    Thinking of taking the plunge with a Chinese phone after my S3 gave up on me last week. Have around €150-200 to spend. Any recommendations for a first time buyer?

I got a lenovo k3 note after coming from Samsung's and I love it. Big screen, fast, cheap. It has glowing reviews all round really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Necrominus wrote: »

I have the elephone p7000 mate i cant fault it in anyway the last android phone i had before it was the s4 and it feels alot better then that did.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,011 ✭✭✭eamonnq

a new girlfriend or a new phone ???

RossieMan wrote: »
    That's shipping from China though, its around 190 from the EU.
    Thanks, hadn't spotted that when the post said European seller

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭coconnellz

Is this Meizu m2 note better than smart ultra s6 working out 204 including delivery on pixmania

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,807 ✭✭✭SteM

Has anyone looked at the DOOGEE F3 Pro from Gearbest? $159.99 before taxes from Gearbest.

http://www.gearbest.com/cell-phones/pp_194439.html

I think might take a punt although I don't know much about Doogee. How likely am I to get caught for customs from Gearbest and how much would it set me back does anyone know?

Doogee are grand

Fairly likely to get hit by customs, use one of the AliExpress sellers if you don't want it

It's 23% so about €35

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,807 ✭✭✭SteM

Thanks. aliexpress always confuses me, I never know which seller to pick! ☺

The sellers are linked directly in the OP

Pretty much any seller over 95% is fine anyways, they will go out of their way so you'll mark them highly

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭stuchyg

i have to sell my mx4. cant wait to get it fixed as need a phone with work and pregnant wife, one much more highly prioritized then the other. its up on adverts for 140 but will sell to anyonr interested on here for 110

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement