Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chinese Android Phones 2 - Read First Post!

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,597 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

James bond would probably know a fair bit .......

CaptainAmerica1_zps8c295f96.JPG

My mi max 2 is on the way and I'm just wondering it's use USB type c to charge the phone where can I buy extra cables as a spare

Do all USB type c cables work or only is it some I'm really confused

Thanks for the help

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Bahanaman

I'm hoping to buy a redmi note 4/4x soon. There are so many sites where it can be bought and so many different versions of the phone itself that my head is melted trying to find the best option. Can anyone who has bought one and had a good experience point me in the right direction? Also I'm wondering with the new 5x out would it be worth waiting for that phone?

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭ImARebel

Bahanaman wrote: »
    I'm hoping to buy a redmi note 4/4x soon. There are so many sites where it can be bought and so many different versions of the phone itself that my head is melted trying to find the best option. Can anyone who has bought one and had a good experience point me in the right direction? Also I'm wondering with the new 5x out would it be worth waiting for that phone?

I ordered from geekbuying - went for the grey one of these from the italian warehouse. Depends on what colour you want - this is the black one and comes from spain (so no customs)

https://www.geekbuying.com/item/International-Version-Xiaomi-Redmi-Note-4-3GB-32GB-Smartphon----Gray-381848.html

Edited to say I went with the 4 as opposed to the 4x as I wanted to be sure of getting band 20 for 4g

Edited again: I'm a dope I put in the wrong link!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Bahanaman

ImARebel wrote:
    Edited to say I went with the 4 as opposed to the 4x as I wanted to be sure of getting band 20 for 4g

Is it the redmi 4 or note 4 you bought?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭smilerf

My mi max 2 is on the way and I'm just wondering it's use USB type c to charge the phone where can I buy extra cables as a spare

Thanks for the help
    I bought some adapters for mine in Harvey Norman. They do the job fine
    Amazon are good for cables and the do anker which I recommend

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Some USB-C cables cause big problems (think dead device and smoke). Only buy well rated ones.

https://plus.google.com/u/0/collection/s0Inv

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭ImARebel

Is it the redmi 4 or note 4 you bought?

Apologies it's the Redmi Note 4 I got and this is the proper link

https://www.geekbuying.com/item/International-Version-Xiaomi-Redmi-Note-4-3GB-32GB-Smartphon----Gray-381848.html

I fixed my post above. Sorry for the confusion!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭Scotty #

I've bought two Note 4's in the last 3 months and am ordering another today. Got them all from Honorbuy... https://www.honorbuy.com/1105-xiaomi-redmi-note-4-international-version-64gb-gray.html

Went with the 4gb/64gb version. Delivery is about €20 (DHL Express) but it's 1-2 days from Italy tops.

Can't fault the phone. Lightning fast and battery lasts forever. Honorbuy have fairly good after sales service too. Screen replacement on one of these is $75 including your return shipping and takes 4-5 days from the date they receive it.

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Bitches Be Trypsin

My mi max 2 arrived today and I love it! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭X6.430macman

My mi max 2 arrived today and I love it!

How you finding size?

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭dedaw

I fixed my post above. Sorry for the confusion![/quote]

Much difference between the international and global versions?

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Bitches Be Trypsin

How you finding size?

I like it, I heard complaints that it's too big, but I don't think so! Great for watching videos. Very quick phone too, such an upgrade from the iPhone 5 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭mobfromcork

ImARebel wrote: »
    I ordered from geekbuying - went for the grey one of these from the italian warehouse. Depends on what colour you want - this is the black one and comes from spain (so no customs)

Edited again: I'm a dope I put in the wrong link!

I thought it was the 4x that was 4g compatible in Ireland. I put both models into willmyphonework and it said that the 4x had 4g but the Note 4 didn't. That was with Meteor/Eir

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭mobfromcork

Here's the info I found. Have just ordered the 4x as a result from geekbuying Italian site and waiting on it to arrive.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,454 ✭✭✭corkie

I thought it was the 4x that was 4g compatible in Ireland. I put both models into willmyphonework and it said that the 4x had 4g but the Note 4 didn't. That was with Meteor/Eir

This question keeps been asked, some sites incorrectly label the devices.
    To be on the safe side, double check the specs on the site your ordering from. (Be careful if you alter Ram/Storage specs on some sites because it can also change the model)

corkie wrote: »
    The Global Version of the Redmi Note 4 has band 20!

It doesn't have X in the name but is exactly the same device except for extra bands.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Xiaomi/wiki/specs/redminote4x

When ordering double check the specs to make sure your getting the correct one with extra bands!

Edit: - This is not a rule for all devices for example: -
    The Redmi 4X has Band 20! Which is the opposite to Redmi Note 4

https://www.reddit.com/r/Xiaomi/wiki/specs/redmi4x

Edit: -
    Here's the info I found. Have just ordered the 4x as a result from geekbuying Italian site and waiting on it to arrive.

First image didn't load. The second image does not have full coverage on LTE (orange instead of blue) so missing Band 20!

Edit 2:- The Redmi Note 4 listed on willmyphonework is the Mediatek Device.
    The Redmi Note 4X has three subcategories (International Model has Band 20). It listed here because it is the same device (same roms) except for extra bands.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭dball

• Registered Users Posts: 7,454 ✭✭✭corkie

dball wrote: »

Yes version linked has Band 20!
    2G: GSM 850/900/1800/1900MHz

3G: WCDMA 850/900/1900/2100MHz;

4G: FDD LTE 800/850/900/1700/1800/2100/2300/2600MHz(B1/3/4/5/7/8/20/38/40)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭dball

:eek: phew

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 470 ✭✭TetraSonic55

I'm thinking about getting a Leeco Le S3 from Amazon US, for about €155 shipped. Seems like a good phone for the price, but I'm pretty the brand is dying or something like that. Anyone have any opinions?

• Advertisement

My mi max 2 arrived today and I love it! :D

So jealous

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

I'm thinking about getting a Leeco Le S3 from Amazon US, for about €155 shipped. Seems like a good phone for the price, but I'm pretty the brand is dying or something like that. Anyone have any opinions?

They closed their stores in the US a few days ago apparently. All signs point to them going bust.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,248 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Autochange wrote: »
    has anyone bought the Xiaomi Mi6 phone? any good?
    I'm considering ordering this over the next few days - where would you get it from?

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

They closed their stores in the US a few days ago apparently. All signs point to them going bust.

Yeah, don't. You'll be buying it based on burned supplies that LeEco gave it to royally.

Also QC leaves a bit to be desired. Get a Xiaomi.

oS9pcwE.png

• Registered Users Posts: 4,240 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

ED E wrote: »
    Yeah, don't. You'll be buying it based on burned supplies that LeEco gave it to royally.

Also QC leaves a bit to be desired. Get a Xiaomi.

Don't be a sheep get something different and unique :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12 markmmmm

hi guys just wondering if the xiaomi mi max 2 is any use,tried to post a link but it's my first time posting so won't let me,thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭smilerf

I've had it a month and love it.
    Only flaw is the ****ty white led light

• Registered Users Posts: 12 markmmmm

any links for one that works here,my heads wrecked looking on gearbest and geekbuy ingredients

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

markmmmm wrote: »
    any links for one that works here,my heads wrecked looking on gearbest and geekbuy ingredients

https://www.honorbuy.com/183-xiaomi-mi-max-2

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,215 ✭✭✭funkey_monkey

Autochange wrote: »
    has anyone bought the Xiaomi Mi6 phone? any good?

I was looking at this one too. However it does not have band 20 (800MHz) which puts me off.
    Quite a few of the handsets I like don't have band 20 unfortunately.

However, even though it has bands 3 & 7 (1800 and 2600), my understanding is that band 20 is still necessary.

From what I've been reading, band 20 is the best for when you are not near a mast - i.e. rural users. It is also good for built up areas to as low freq signals are better at passing through walls etc.

Therefore, I'm not willing to purchase a handset without band 20.

Someone can correct me, if wrong.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement